Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
    Has anyone else seen Taken? I thought it was pretty good as an action flick. Not too over the top and didn't waste time on side stories or anything...
    Yeah, Liam Neeson was very good.

Comment

• As always I have to agree with Gonzo and APS (yes!), Lynch is the sexy

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Twin Peaks is the greatest thing to ever enter this planet to stay on the Lynch.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• How awesome is this movie?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post

How awesome is this movie?
            not as awesome as the first one IMO...they are both pure comedic gold IMO
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              God I love Not Another Teen Movie...there is nothing on right now so, I've been watching it for like the 200th time on comedy central and I just love it. It's so quotable. Excellent, excellent spoof movie. One of the very few good spoof movies of the 2000's and imo, the best.
              Agree. As far as spoof movies go its one of the very very rare good ones. Airplane!, Not Another Teen, & Don't Be a Menace are basically the only ones i've enjoyed.

I also watched this earlier today, maybe my favorite action movie.

Comment

By far the best scene in the movie:

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, it's probably my favorite comedy of all-time. It's not the best movie with regards to production but Jim Carrey is so great in that movie that he needs zero help in carrying it. There are so many great lines, too. When Nature Calls is just nothing but pure genius.

Last edited by Brent; 02-16-2009, 11:02 AM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    Agree. As far as spoof movies go its one of the very very rare good ones. Airplane!, Not Another Teen, & Don't Be a Menace are basically the only ones i've enjoyed.

I also watched this earlier today, maybe my favorite action movie.

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
                    Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
                    Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?
                    Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
                    Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
                    Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
                    Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
                    Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
                    Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
                    Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
                    Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
                    Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I really really really hate that movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Ace Ventura: Pet Detective > When Nature Calls

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          You're lying to yourself

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
                            Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
                            Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?
                            Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
                            Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
                            Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
                            Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
                            Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
                            Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
                            Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
                            Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
                            Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
                            Roger Murdock: Do you want me to check the weather, Clarence?
                            Captain Oveur: No, why don't you take care of it. Joey, do you ever hang around the gymnasium?

Comment

• So I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey recently. The movie was ok at first, went through a boring period and then got really really interesting from the time you see the Discovery until the Astronaut left the ship and went on the whole weird psychedelic trip thingy. That part was kinda boring too. Overall, worth a watch. Hal 9000 was creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                "What was that? Bumblebee Tuna? Bumblebee Tuna everyone! Excuse me, your balls are showing. Bumblebee Tuna!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information