Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    Ok, so I don't know anything about Watchmen other than what I've seen in previews and a little I summary I read about it. What caught my attention was the character 'Night Owl'. I thought it was Batman at first. I can't help but think he looks like a total ripoff of Batman. What's up with that?
    you are an idiot. Alan Moore is quite possibly the greatest comic book author of all time...why the hell would he need to rip off batman? Hell, half of modern day batman mythology was created by Moore. Not to mention Watchmen as a complete novel is infinitely better then any Batman comic ever created. Watchmen the novel has transcended graphics completely and is viewed as one of the most influential pieces of literature ever. Thats right, literature. Not just graphic novel. Trust me, Alan Moore isnt ripping anyone off. And for the record, in the original material, Night Owl looks alot less like Batman. His costume was modified for the movie.

And my only concern with the Watchmen movie is the changed ending. I dont know how Im going to take that. Everything Ive seen so far suggests that Snyder isnt straying very far from the source material visually or story wise, so that was me pretty excited. I know Dave Gibbons, who illustrated Watchmen, worked closely with him on this film to make sure what comes up on screen is what was on the page. Snyder isnt an idiot: He knows that hes dealing with some very good source material and he shouldnt alter too much. The cast is talented, and the trailers have been spectacular. Should be a good film. Ive no doubt that Watchmen has the ability to transcend the genre and be a better film then TDK was.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      you are an idiot.
      You wrote all that and I;m not reading any further than your first sentence. I'm just asking a honest question. Didn't mean to draw the ire of angry comic nerd guy.

Comment

• Only thing I'm worried about is Goode as Veidt for the Watchmen movie at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Lol, Nite Owl looks nothing like Batman, especially in the novel.

Comment

• I'm happy we are talking about Watchmen cause I finally finished it on Sunday. Anyway...

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

You wrote all that and I;m not reading any further than your first sentence. I'm just asking a honest question. Didn't mean to draw the ire of angry comic nerd guy.
              no, you are trolling, and its only a matter of time before you and your stupid ******* comments get banned. So thanks for trying, come back another day. And to suggest that Im a comic nerd, because I have read a novel that is on Time's 100 novels to read before you die is ********. So once again, kindly **** off because its annoying at this point.
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Only thing I'm worried about is Goode as Veidt for the Watchmen movie at this point.
                I think Goode is just such an incredible actor that he will do a great job. In fact one of the things I am most looking forward to is seeing what Goode does with Veidt. The age difference between him and the character is sort of odd but I have faith that he will do an admirable job.

As far as the movie itself I could not be more pumped. During one of the Q/A's I attended Kevin Smith went into great detail about just how much he loved the movie and from everything I am reading from other sources I am hearing the same thing. I was hoping to win some Toronto premiere passes but I failed which sucks. Hopefully there is a midnight screening that I can attend.

Comment

Angry comic nerd guy? Seriously?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Angry comic nerd guy? Seriously?
                    Well, to Hansley's credit, I think APS would even admit that he is an angry comic nerd guy. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      Well, to Hansley's credit, I think APS would even admit that he is an angry comic nerd guy. =P
                      It is true. Unfortunatly for Halsey he referred to The Watchmen as a comic book and thus he insult was a giant failure. Way to suck at trolling Halsey.

Comment

Well yes angry, but i prefer ex-comic nerd, thank you.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with being an angry comic nerd guy (as I am one myself) but it's just a stupid insult. Of all the things to insult APS over, including massive forehead herself in his avatar, he picks that?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with being an angry comic nerd guy (as I am one myself) but it's just a stupid insult. Of all the things to insult APS over, including massive forehead herself in his avatar, he picks that?
                            Canadian, drunkard, obsession with awful actresses. Yeah, there seem to be a lot to make fun of APS about. =P

Comment

Her forehead was not the first massive thing I noticed about her;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                                Her forehead was not the first massive thing I noticed about her;)
                                her breasts dont look all that big.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information