No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really was a great movie to see in theatres...especially that first look you get at the monster tearing up the city...when they're watching the news in the electronics store. The overhead views of New York were awesome as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• All this talk is about to make me watch the movie again.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        A Sequel? Wasn't Cloverfield a disappointment? I haven't seen it but I heard it wasn't that good.
        I was extremely disappointed in that movie. It could of been a whole lot better imo.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
          I was extremely disappointed in that movie. It could of been a whole lot better imo.
          Just curious. What did you dislike about it?
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Cloverfield was actually a great success. It broke box office records for the month of January and the vast majority of people actually liked Cloverfield. It's not for everyone and the story is pretty hokie but, it works, imo. I know a lot of people that didn't like it, though. But again, there are certainly a lot more people that did enjoy it vs those that didnt.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 76% fresh (72% top critics)

IMDB at a 7.5 rating.

Cloverfield is destined to be considered a cult classic in due time.

I'd love a sequel of sorts...it'd be interesting what Abrams could come up with and on a much, much larger budget.

Without the amazing trailer and marketing of that movie nobody would remember or even think twice about Cloverfield, IMO but you have to give them credit for coming up with an original marketing plan for a movie like that. They pulled it off exceptionally well.

Comment

• I think it was a mild disappointment considering how much I was into the whole viral marketing thing but, it was still good and I certainly like it. I agree it could have been better, though. The actual story itself was rather weak and pretty unbelievable. Granted, we're talking about a monster attacking the city here but, the things leading up to the end, not involving the monster were the things that were the most unbelievable.

Examples in white below...

1. Helicopter crash
              2. Beth with a freaking rod through her body, she's fine for the rest of the movie, though

Also, that final shot of the monster...it wasn't necessary. They probably should have used that money on more shots of the monster running through the city earlier. The big unveiling shot wasnt really needed and kind of cheapens the whole deal because, it doesnt look as good and def. makes it feel more movie like. Basically what i'm saying is...for making a "realistic" monster or giant animal attack on the city movie, the story didnt really fit the bill...and this monster seemed to be following them everywhere.

It was a good movie but, the potential was there to make it a lot better. I'm not so sure, I'd even want Goddard to write the sequel.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just watched the trailer for "Gigantic", and I was excited for this movie before, but now im REALLY excited. Paul Dano is quickly proving himself as one of, if not the absolute best young actor in Hollywood. And Zooey Deschanel is one of my favorite actresses. This should be a great one, great supporting cast as well. Im super excited for it. Here is the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/gigantic/
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  Just curious. What did you dislike about it?
                  It's been a while since I've seen it but I really disliked the characters. I didn't think they were interesting, funny, or just about anything that would make me like them. I had other problems with the movie but that's all I can really think of (haven't seen it since theaters). I also was disappointed in not learning wtf was going on and what the monster was but that I can understand. I really love the idea of the movie but just didn't do it for me.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                    It's been a while since I've seen it but I really disliked the characters. I didn't think they were interesting, funny, or just about anything that would make me like them. I had other problems with the movie but that's all I can really think of (haven't seen it since theaters). I also was disappointed in not learning wtf was going on and what the monster was but that I can understand. I really love the idea of the movie but just didn't do it for me.
                    Exactly how I felt. I was actually hoping they all die a horrible death, they were that annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      haha...that was an interesting experience indeed. I had cloverfield fever real bad.

"OMGzzz it's a power rangers move!"

"No, it's the new Godzilla!"

"Paramount doesnt own the rights to Godzilla"

"Voltron!!!!!!"

Good times.
                      I was still just a lurker here when that was going on. I was actually hyped up for a Voltron movie at the time.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        I just watched the trailer for "Gigantic", and I was excited for this movie before, but now im REALLY excited. Paul Dano is quickly proving himself as one of, if not the absolute best young actor in Hollywood. And Zooey Deschanel is one of my favorite actresses. This should be a great one, great supporting cast as well. Im super excited for it. Here is the trailer

I'll watch any movie with Ian Roberts in it, the most underrated comedic actor out today, IMO. Love Zooey Deschanel too, why is it a Zooey never walks into my place of work and randomly asks if I have any interest in having sex with her??

Comment

• Im a huge fan of ghost movies so i am excited about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            I just watched the trailer for "Gigantic", and I was excited for this movie before, but now im REALLY excited. Paul Dano is quickly proving himself as one of, if not the absolute best young actor in Hollywood. And Zooey Deschanel is one of my favorite actresses. This should be a great one, great supporting cast as well. Im super excited for it. Here is the trailer

I love Ian Roberts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post

Im a huge fan of ghost movies so i am excited about this.
                              They did a special on that true story for Discovery. I think it's what got the series "A Haunting" started.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                I love Ian Roberts.

I read somewhere recently that he is going to be the new regular cast member (although it doesn't show on IMDB?) on the upcoming seasons of Reno 911. His guest roles on that show were great, although I don't think he is playing the same character.

Should make a good show even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information