Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
    Spoken like a true asshole. :)
    I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast.
    You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?

I love that scene. My dad saw some play in NYC and it had the Shooter McGavin guy in it. My dad said that at the end of the play he did the thing with his hands, shooting them as guns in the air.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      ok, I just watched Charlie Kaufman's newest movie, Synecdoche, New York...and well, let me just say my previous statement that Charlie Kaufman was the most brilliant man in Hollywood is certainly justified.

First, let me say that Im afraid right now. That was quite possibly one of the most upsetting films Ive ever seen, and I dont even know why. Maybe its because of the numerous problems the film touches on, I mean it ranges from gender issues to homosexuality to loss of control to death and disease and depression...It certainly wasnt a happy movie, but by god it was a powerful one. Once again, Kaufman mixes fantasy and reality so ******* spectacularely, I just...ugh I cant even explain it without giving away alot. Seriously, to anyone out there who enjoys movies, watch this film. Immediately. Im not afraid to say its one of the best made films Ive ever seen. The screenplay is genius, PSH is once again spectacular in his role, and just the movie itself is so stunning...I am shocked and awed once again by Kaufman. Just spectacular.
      I'm a big time film buff myself, although I will say I am not a huge fan of Kaufman, I like him, I just wouldn't consider myself a follower of his the way I would with other directors like Kubrick, Kieslowski, PTA, etc. but this movie instantly just jumped into my top 3, and I don't put films in my top 20 easily.

Absolutely mind blowing, and I understood every single element and scene in this movie yet I can't wait to see it again. No adjective or superlatives to say how much I liked it.

Comment

• I plan on watching Synecdoche when I get home later today. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Stuck On You is a pretty bad movie imo, but Greg Kinnear's rendition of Billy Stewart's version of "Summertime" is awesome in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpliHvyRhuM
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well damn, now I have to watch Synecdoche.

Comment

• Stupid Synecdoche torrent gave me a virus.......APS

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                Stupid Synecdoche torrent gave me a virus.......APS
                I'm DL one right now, which torrent was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  I'm DL one right now, which torrent was it?
                  The second one on the list. I clicked it, my computer shut off automatically. I turn it back on, and I had a virus disguised as a malware protector.

****** up.....

Comment

The second one on the list. I clicked it, my computer shut off automatically. I turn it back on, and I had a virus disguised as a malware protector.

****** up.....
                    I downloaded the 1.36gb version as it had the most seeds on mininova. I had zero problems. You failed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I was watching Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby last night for the first time and it was alright. Definitely not Ferrell's best, but I got a few chuckles out of it. The scene in the hospital room with him, John C. Reily and Michael Clarke Duncan was so funny though.

On another note, can't wait to see Watchmen. Never read the comic, so I am going in completely with just no expectations to speak of, except for what I've heard is a phenomenal story and stunning visuals. I'll probably wait a week for the crowds to die down before going to see it.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I downloaded the 1.36gb version as it had the most seeds on mininova. I had zero problems. You failed.
                        I'm DL the 1.36gb from Piratesbay, so hopefully they'll be no problems. Has a nice number of seeders but it's still pretty slow, avg around 83 kb/s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          As you all know I'm computer ******** so I have no doubts I failed

Comment

• Looks like I'm just waiting the ten days until it's on DVD

Comment

Looks like I'm just waiting the ten days until it's on DVD
                              Just DL yourself the 1.36 gig version. That is the one I have and I have been giving no problems by it. There is no doubt in my mind I will be buying the DVD when it comes out as well though.

Comment

• I will most definately be purchasing the DVD. After sleeping on it, I think its possible that it is the best overall movie I have seen in a few years. Seriously, I think it blows away films like TWBB and NCFOM. Its just so much more personal, and so much more...intellectual? Not sure what Im looking for there, but I remember that the play within the play and the actors playing actors and the gigantic web it forms kind of reminded me of Hamlet. Its a very smart film, but I also like that its in intelligence, there is a certain amount of naivete and an uncompromising harshness. I just cant begin to explain how moving the film is, and I thought it was BY FAR the best movie from last year, and I was a big fan of CCOBB. Charlie Kaufman might be one of my favorite writers of all time, not just screenplay writers. Dear god, what a fantastic film.

And Gonzo, how absolutely jaw droppingly fantastic was the ending?
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information