Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    See, I think she is a good actress. I liked her in her cameo in Weeds, and in Almost Famous. I actually think shes pretty funny, she has a very monotone voice and I think that besides the cuteness, shes one of the few female actresses out there who can actually make me laugh.
    She wasnt good in Almost Famous...she was just in it. She's a cute face with a healthy sense of humor, that's about it right now. She has some charm but, from an actual acting stand point, she is greatly lacking.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Wow, you have not seen a ****** movie until you've seen the Happening. WTF was up with the acting in that movie? I mean sure there wasnt much to work with given the horrible and I mean horrible dialogue but, wow. Awful performances in a terrible movie. Wahlberg and Deschanel are worthless in this movie...and I love Wahlberg, depending on the role, of course. It's so bad...it seems like it's satire but, no it takes itself completely seriously. lol. One of the worst movies I've ever seen...luckily, I was entertained because, it was laughably bad.

Also, I dont get the casting...Wahlberg of course is terrible in the role but why is Zooey playing these love interests of much older men. She's not even 30 and she even looks younger than her actual age...and yet, she plays the love interests of Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carey in her last few movies. k? As for acting and praise she received in this thread...If she was ever really good in a role, I have yet to see it. She's always either terrible or forgettable.

This one is right on par with Nic Cage's Wicker Man. haha. Just hilarious.

The Happening is one of the worse movies I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. The only thing that makes it somewhat better is the fact that M. Night is coming out now and saying he was purposely trying to make it campy and B movie like. Yea, right M. night.

Comment

She's pretty cute but, she can't act. I'll admit that there may be some potential in Gigantic but really, she's not a good actress.
        I'm pretty excited about 500 days of summer

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

She's pretty cute but, she can't act. I'll admit that there may be some potential in Gigantic but really, she's not a good actress.
          I thought she was really good in Tin Man.

Edit:
          Also does anyone know where I can watch The Jazz Singer online? It's on reserve at the library but I don't feel like watching it at the library.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I've never seen the Tin Man, so I cant really comment on that one.

As for 500 days...she shouldnt have to do too much with JGL carrying the movie. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

She wasnt good in Almost Famous...she was just in it. She's a cute face with a healthy sense of humor, that's about it right now. She has some charm but, from an actual acting stand point, she is greatly lacking.
              i would completely agree with that. she plays the same role in practically every movie

and i just bought the man with no name trilogy set...19.99 for all 3 on amazon- what a great price
              Last edited by hugegmenfan; 03-04-2009, 02:32 PM.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I just watched the trailer for Public Enemies (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/04/...r/#more-21606).

Looks pretty interesting. Of course, its just a trailer. I really hope Mann has made another great movie. It does make me want to watch Heat again though.That movie was badass.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Wow, you have not seen a ****** movie until you've seen the Happening. WTF was up with the acting in that movie? I mean sure there wasnt much to work with given the horrible and I mean horrible dialogue but, wow. Awful performances in a terrible movie. Wahlberg and Deschanel are worthless in this movie...and I love Wahlberg, depending on the role, of course. It's so bad...it seems like it's satire but, no it takes itself completely seriously. lol. One of the worst movies I've ever seen...luckily, I was entertained because, it was laughably bad.

Also, I dont get the casting...Wahlberg of course is terrible in the role but why is Zooey playing these love interests of much older men. She's not even 30 and she even looks younger than her actual age...and yet, she plays the love interests of Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carey in her last few movies. k? As for acting and praise she received in this thread...If she was ever really good in a role, I have yet to see it. She's always either terrible or forgettable.

This one is right on par with Nic Cage's Wicker Man. haha. Just hilarious.
                  Yuck, The Happening was Atrocious.

Comment

• Pretty crazy news. Kevin Smith's next movie was announced and he is did not write it. I asked him a question about this during a Q/A I was at and he deflected it. I am excited about the movie and the fact that it was on the list of best unproduced screenplays of last year.

http://www.newsaskew.com/2009/03/02/...-tracy-morgan/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Pretty crazy news. Kevin Smith's next movie was announced and he is did not write it. I asked him a question about this during a Q/A I was at and he deflected it. I am excited about the movie and the fact that it was on the list of best unproduced screenplays of last year.

If Bruce Willis doesn't say "I'm getting too old for this ****" I will be sad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        Pretty crazy news. Kevin Smith's next movie was announced and he is did not write it. I asked him a question about this during a Q/A I was at and he deflected it. I am excited about the movie and the fact that it was on the list of best unproduced screenplays of last year.

He said something about it on his SModcast. He will not have Mosier as his producer either. Scott apparently is looking to direct something.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                          Alright since it wasn't getting answered in the other thread...

whoever knows a lot about the film/comic:

would you recommend reading the Watchmen series before seeing the movie?

like how much more/less would I enjoy the movie if I read it.
                          Reading Watchmen is something that should be given it's due time, and since Watchmen is coming out this Friday, I would just go see the movie. You should enjoy it fine. But at some point get the book and read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                            He said something about it on his SModcast. He will not have Mosier as his producer either. Scott apparently is looking to direct something.
                            Whatever Scotty touches is instant classic

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              If Tracy Morgan doesn't say "I'm getting too old for this ****" I will be sad.
                              Fixed it. Also he should say this:

"Let's go rescue Karen, or whatever. Is it Cheryl? This chick can tell us where the drugs are, I mean gold. Then we got the car chase. I'm gettin' way too old for this. Was I supposed to say that there?"

Comment

• I decided to watch Kindergarten Cop since someone linked to a youtube video of it in another thread. What a classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information