Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    I don't think you can compare Iron Man to TDK. You can't take Iron Man too seriously and have to go into with the expectations of a super hero movie. It was a fun, exciting summer movie that exceeded expectations. You probably didn't enjoy it as much because of you're expectations. It's not a great movie with lots of depth, just a fun one.
    I'm not comparing them, just suggesting it could be similar in that that part 1 was merely the setup for the better (by most opinions) part 2. I didn't have that great expectations for it as I usually don't like those kind of movies but I was expecting something different considering the high approval ratings from fans and critics.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      Have you seen the movie Hancock?

You would immediately regret that suggestion if you have.
      No I haven't but I gotta think Robert Downey Jr. can pull off a better drunk than Will Smith, plus I always thought that was sort of Tony Stark's background...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        No I haven't but I gotta think Robert Downey Jr. can pull off a better drunk than Will Smith, plus I always thought that was sort of Tony Stark's background...
        The demon in a bottle storyline is probably my favorite story arc in comic history...I will be super excited if Favreau takes the Iron Man franchise there.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          The demon in a bottle storyline is probably my favorite story arc in comic history...I will be super excited if Favreau takes the Iron Man franchise there.
          I was a big fan of Man in the Iron Mask (which got me to start reading Iron Man comics), but then they retconned it away as "Ultron did it" (which got me to stop shortly thereafter).

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            I'm going to have to shoot you a no there twist man.
            TA: WP = GOAT

Comment

• this was a decent movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Just stumbled across this movie on imdb. It's in pre-production so things could change. It's due to come out in 2010.

It's called Silence and its being directed by Martin Scorsese. It stars Daniel Day Lewis and Benicio Del Toro. While those three alone sound amazing here is the plot. If this movie is produced, it should be amazing.

Plot Summary
                Will be epic if it gets made as is right now.

Comment

• For you In Bruges fans, definitely watch Six Shooter an award winning McDonagh short. Absolute gold

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Watching Almost Famous right now, and I forgot how good this movie was...Billy Crudup makes me want to grow a mustache.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Watching Almost Famous right now, and I forgot how good this movie was...Billy Crudup makes me want to grow a mustache.
                      I was just coming in to post this, I watched it again this afternoon. Such a great movie. And I just saw Watchmen, Crudup is the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        I was just coming in to post this, I watched it again this afternoon. Such a great movie. And I just saw Watchmen, Crudup is the man.
                        Hes an extremely underrated actor...the rooftop scene in Almost Famous might be one of my all time faves. Great scene.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

Comment

Hes an extremely underrated actor...the rooftop scene in Almost Famous might be one of my all time faves. Great scene.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
                          You have about 100 all time favorite scenes and movies, haha.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            You have about 100 all time favorite scenes and movies, haha.
                            Nah, I could probably name you my top 10 all time scenes fairly easily, I remember we did it back a while in this thread...and my top 10 movies hasnt changed in forever. I havent seen a movie in a while besides Synechdoche that would garner serious attention for my top 10.

Comment

• So what are your Top 10 movies?

Comment

• ugh...

1. Fight Club
                                2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
                                3. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
                                4. American Beauty
                                5. The Royal Tenenbaums
                                6. Memento
                                7. Being John Malkovich
                                8. The Usual Suspects
                                9. Trainspotting
                                10. Se7en

Those are my personal favorites, and arent necessarily a reflection on what I think the best films of all time are.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information