No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I watched Alpha Dog a couple days ago and I am convinced it is brilliant. The movie is structered like a classic tragedy and at the same time it is very much a melodrama. I thought the movie was at its best at its most ridiculous. Now that I don't take teh film seriously at all I can finally enjoy some of the overacting and as a whole I found the movie to be much more enjoyable this time around. If only there were more scenes of Ben Foster kicking the **** out of woman and minorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      So I watched Alpha Dog a couple days ago and I am convinced it is brilliant. The movie is structered like a classic tragedy and at the same time it is very much a melodrama. I thought the movie was at its best at its most ridiculous. Now that I don't take teh film seriously at all I can finally enjoy some of the overacting and as a whole I found the movie to be much more enjoyable this time around. If only there were more scenes of Ben Foster kicking the **** out of woman and minorities.
      It isnt genius, nor brilliant, but I found it to be an enjoyable film. I think that you are misinterpreting the film itself, and you and I have discussed this before, where you think the film doesnt take itself seriously and I think that the film tried very hard to be serious. The 2nd time I watched it, I still enjoyed it, but Ben Foster overacts consistently and Emile Hirsch shows him up the entire movie. Oh, and Olivia Wilde is naked. So is Amber Heard. Epic win there.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

So I watched Alpha Dog a couple days ago and I am convinced it is brilliant. The movie is structered like a classic tragedy and at the same time it is very much a melodrama. I thought the movie was at its best at its most ridiculous. Now that I don't take teh film seriously at all I can finally enjoy some of the overacting and as a whole I found the movie to be much more enjoyable this time around. If only there were more scenes of Ben Foster kicking the **** out of woman and minorities.

haha I can't pick up if this post is serious or not? I refuse to watch a Justin Timberlake featured film though...

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          It isnt genius, nor brilliant, but I found it to be an enjoyable film. I think that you are misinterpreting the film itself, and you and I have discussed this before, where you think the film doesnt take itself seriously and I think that the film tried very hard to be serious. The 2nd time I watched it, I still enjoyed it, but Ben Foster overacts consistently and Emile Hirsch shows him up the entire movie. Oh, and Olivia Wilde is naked. So is Amber Heard. Epic win there.
          I am now sure the film does not take itself seriously. As a serious movie it fails because I laughed throughout most of it. I think the whole point of the movie is that it is making fun of every dumb ******* person involved in the kidnapping. I mean the events that lead up to the end of the movie could be so easily prevented if all involved hadn't been dumb ******* posers. Everyone was trying so hard to be something they are not and that lead to everyone's downfall. I feel that becaude you refuse to believe the movie has a sense of humour about itself it is you who is misinterpreting it.

Comment

• Alpha Dog is garbage. End of discussion. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Alpha Dog is garbage. End of discussion. :)
              That is the point! I do not understand how APS can take the movie seriously and still like it.

Also I just rewatched The Goonies after not having seen it for years and I thought it was ******* trash. I now look at The Goonies as a slap in the face to filmaking. I really could not believe I once thought the movie was good because at one point I wanted to vomit because the movie was so ******* ****.

Comment

That is the point! I do not understand how APS can take the movie seriously and still like it.

Also I just rewatched The Goonies after not having seen it for years and I thought it was ******* trash. I now look at The Goonies as a slap in the face to filmaking. I really could not believe I once thought the movie was good because at one point I wanted to vomit because the movie was so ******* ****.
                The Goonies???

Are you serious here man??? The Goonies are a ******* classic and the ultimate every kids dream about finding treasure movie. There will never be another film like it.

You can't watch as an adult and understand it the same, it is meant for kids. You loved it as for a kid a reason, and you should still love it for the same reason.

Comment

• Screw you Gonzo.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Screw you Gonzo.
                    I agree fully.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      I agree fully.
                      Seriously, who the **** hates The Goonies? Even as an adult it's enjoyable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Seriously, who the **** hates The Goonies? Even as an adult it's enjoyable.
                        People with no souls.

Comment

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Has anyone hear seen one week?

Comment

• Alpha Dog was the first Ben Foster I watched. I was not impressed at all with his performance. I actually thought for a minute that many of the Foster fanboys on here were actually joking about how bad an actor he is.

Comment

• Hey guys, trying to think of the most bad-ass movie of all-time?

LOOK NO FURTHER!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information