Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    IDK, I at least want some suspense, some build up, some semblance of reality when the movie is not supposed to be a fantasy or sci-fi or slap stick.
    It's an action movie. And in the grand scheme of action movies, this is one of the most realistic and measured ones out there.

I don't know how you couldn't like Taken. It's just Liam Neeson kicking ass and blowing up parts of Paris. It's simply and it's executed very well. Not that I would expect anything else from Luc Besson, but this movie still surpassed my expectations.

Comment

• Best tagline ever.

Comment

• I watched Se7en last night and it was great. I don't know why I took so long to finally see it but whatever. The Fincher-Pitt combo is always a great one. The movie had kind of an eerie feeling but I thought that's what made it so good. Kevin Spacey was excellent. Very creepy. I don't think they could have picked anyone better for that role. But Brad, why'd you have to shoot him!?!?! Ending was great as well. As long as the movies are well done, a lot of times the endings that don't really leave you satisfied are often the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I watched Se7en last night and it was great. I don't know why I took so long to finally see it but whatever. The Fincher-Pitt combo is always a great one. The movie had kind of an eerie feeling but I thought that's what made it so good. Kevin Spacey was excellent. Very creepy. I don't think they could have picked anyone better for that role. But Brad, why'd you have to shoot him!?!?! Ending was great as well. As long as the movies are well done, a lot of times the endings that don't really leave you satisfied are often the best.
          One of my favorite movies.
          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
          Just let it go RWO.
          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
            I enjoyed Lars a lot. Gosling is one of, if not my favorite actor, and I liked this movie all around. It was touching, and I don't feel that often when watching a movie.
            I watched about ten minutes of that movie and walked away.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              Kevin Spacey was excellent.
              That's because Spacey is the man.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                It's an action movie. And in the grand scheme of action movies, this is one of the most realistic and measured ones out there.

I don't know how you couldn't like Taken. It's just Liam Neeson kicking ass and blowing up parts of Paris. It's simply and it's executed very well. Not that I would expect anything else from Luc Besson, but this movie still surpassed my expectations.
                Most realistic and measured ones out there? Come on. It was a draw by the numbers action movie of 4 dozen bad guys shooting guns at this one super hero like guy and missing him with every shot. And what was with him pulling out an IV bag in the middle of nowhere??

It was the same as every other action movie ever made in the history of crappy action movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  That's because Spacey is the man.
                  Quoted for truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                    I watched about ten minutes of that movie and walked away.
                    why? Its always good to give a movie a fair chance, as some movies start off slowly...I try to give a movie at least a half hour before getting annoyed with it.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Speaking of Gosling, I'm watching Fracture tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                        Speaking of Gosling, I'm watching Fracture tonight.
                        You ever see it? It's pretty good. Gosling annoys me sometimes because, he seems so laid back, like he isnt even trying in some roles or I dont know, his glazed over/stoner look annoys me but, I like him in Fracture. I dont question his talent he just rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just rewatched Once again. Falling Slowly is one of my favorite songs, and i really like the movie.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Most realistic and measured ones out there? Come on. It was a draw by the numbers action movie of 4 dozen bad guys shooting guns at this one super hero like guy and missing him with every shot. And what was with him pulling out an IV bag in the middle of nowhere??

It was the same as every other action movie ever made in the history of crappy action movies.
                            I respectfully disagree. Like most Besson films, the camera work and choreography was excellent. It didn't rely on many special effects or cg to accomplish it's goals.

Can you name me the last action film that wasn't entirely ridiculous and was actually made subtly well? You may not like the genre, but Taken was a standout in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                              I just rewatched Once again. Falling Slowly is one of my favorite songs, and i really like the movie.
                              Once is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I just watched "About a Boy" and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadnt seen it since it came out, and I was like 12 at the time, so it clearly didnt sink in. Great movie though. Its hard to believe that the same guys who directed that directed American Pie. Hugh Grant is such an underrated actor...the voiceover during the film is hilarious. Overall, great movie, I really enjoyed it.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information