No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw the trailer before Watchmen. It got me pumped too. Just seems like a kick-ass action movie with Christian Bale. Recipe for success.

Comment

• So, because I hate myself, I'm watching Twilight right now. This movie is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        If you have not liked it so far just give up. I thought the movie was brilliant from beginning to end so if you don't think that I doubt you change your mind on the film and miraculously like the ending.
        Gran Torino was pretty good. Very funny, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck;1559708[B
          ]So, because I hate myself, I'm watching Twilight right now. [/B]This movie is hilarious.
          that's not healthy bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
            that's not healthy bro.
            It's like a perpetual train crash. It just got to the part where they glitter in the sunlight. This **** is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              It's like a perpetual train crash. It just got to the part where they glitter in the sunlight. This **** is ridiculous.
              My sister and I usually get together and watch a movie or two a month and we take turns picking. I picked Role Models (I had already seen it and she hadn't) which is a kickass movie and she picked Twilight. I like my sister a little less now.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                My sister and I usually get together and watch a movie or two a month and we take turns picking. I picked Role Models (I had already seen it and she hadn't) which is a kickass movie and she picked Twilight. I like my sister a little less now.
                "Ah, Nature. Did you know that Bald Eagles are known to engage in a bizarre mating ritual? Where two eagles fly upwards, lock talons, and fall towards the earth, while rotating, separating almost before they crash into the ground; separating if and only if they consummate their bird-****. If they don't, they are willing to accept death by hard ground. It's the ultimate race against the clock."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Why would I not?"

edit - Alright. What the ****. Vampire Baseball? Really?
                Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 03-22-2009, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• So i just finished part one of The Root of All Evil and it was brilliant. The subject just really angers me and it does the same to Dawkins it seems but I think he coldness works because of the subject matter. It was great to see him pose some tough questions to the ultra religious and in was pretty great watching their responses. I would definitely recommend the movie.

Comment

So i just finished part one of The Root of All Evil and it was brilliant. The subject just really angers me and it does the same to Dawkins it seems but I think he coldness works because of the subject matter. It was great to see him pose some tough questions to the ultra religious and in was pretty great watching their responses. I would definitely recommend the movie.
                    I recommend it to everyone I know who has any interest in Religion whatsoever. Most people come up to me and say watch Religulous, and my immediate response is to tell them to watch The God Delusion instead. I also despise organized religion and I think that The Root of All Evil is a great showcase of what is wrong with it.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      So, because I hate myself, I'm watching Twilight right now. This movie is hilarious.
                      i kno rite?

I couldn't stop laughing at points during the movie. ******* terrible.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I saw "I Love You Man" last night.

Pretty good but a little more chick-flicky than I expected.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

So i just finished part one of The Root of All Evil and it was brilliant. The subject just really angers me and it does the same to Dawkins it seems but I think he coldness works because of the subject matter. It was great to see him pose some tough questions to the ultra religious and in was pretty great watching their responses. I would definitely recommend the movie.
                          I had to look up the date on this thing (you peaked my curiousity in this enough to watch it) and it was made in 2006 just before Ted Haggard, the evangelical minister he argues with, was arrested for hilarious reasons.

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Most people come up to me and say watch Religulous, and my immediate response is to tell them to watch The God Delusion instead
                          Religulous is less documentary than Root of All Evil but both are enjoyable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I had to look up the date on this thing (you peaked my curiousity in this enough to watch it) and it was made in 2006 just before Ted Haggard, the evangelical minister he argues with, was arrested for hilarious reasons.

Religulous is less documentary than Root of All Evil but both are enjoyable.
                            It really was amazing watching Haggard be such a douche. I don't really understand how all of his devote followers did not question what he preached after finding out he loved the ****. The fact they sent him counseling to try and combat his gayness is just so ridiculous. I also found the former jewish dude who become Islamic really funny, especially when he went on about how Islam will one day take over the world and he started to get pissed at Dawkins for making his woman put on snaky clothes like Dawkins controls the world or something.

I really enjoyed Religulous as well. I think it was robbed out of an Oscar nom probably because the whole religious right would have freaked out if it was nominated and without seeing it I am sure they would have protested. Anyways, both are great docs that I recommend.

Comment

• The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.
                                I am just going to pretend the movie does not even exist. What a horrible idea that movie is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information