Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I really enjoyed Religulous as well. I think it was robbed out of an Oscar nom probably because the whole religious right would have freaked out if it was nominated and without seeing it I am sure they would have protested. Anyways, both are great docs that I recommend.
    Didn't stop them from nominating Milk though.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      It really was amazing watching Haggard be such a douche. I don't really understand how all of his devote followers did not question what he preached after finding out he loved the ****. The fact they sent him counseling to try and combat his gayness is just so ridiculous. I also found the former jewish dude who become Islamic really funny, especially when he went on about how Islam will one day take over the world and he started to get pissed at Dawkins for making his woman put on snaky clothes like Dawkins controls the world or something.

      I really enjoyed Religulous as well. I think it was robbed out of an Oscar nom probably because the whole religious right would have freaked out if it was nominated and without seeing it I am sure they would have protested. Anyways, both are great docs that I recommend.
      I had mixed feelings about Religulous. As someone who has never been religious and have had bad experiences with religion in the past, i was surprised that i did not love this film. Maher did not show how religion, which he called a mental illness, is so detrimental to society when it comes to the non-extremists/fundamentalists. He was very arrogant in the movie and came off as quite elitist and pompous which i did not respond well to

      sig by jkpigskin

      2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

      2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Didn't stop them from nominating Milk though.
        I think an outright attack on Religion is different than a movie about *** people although I am sure there were a large number of people who were upset Milk got the nom and some wins.

        Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
        I had mixed feelings about Religulous. As someone who has never been religious and have had bad experiences with religion in the past, i was surprised that i did not love this film. Maher did not show how religion, which he called a mental illness, is so detrimental to society when it comes to the non-extremists/fundamentalists. He was very arrogant in the movie and came off as quite elitist and pompous which i did not respond well to
        I can see what you mean but I think his arrogance was warranted. It can be very frustrating talking to the religious and I am sure much of his arrogance was because of that. I am not going to get into a Religious debate but I shared his views on Religion in the movie and if I were in his situation I would have done the same. I have no problem with people having faith and keeping it to themselves but if someone came up to you and said you are going to hell if you do not believe in the almighty cloud go and that same group was responsible for many ridiculous policies in your country you would be upset to.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          I recommend it to everyone I know who has any interest in Religion whatsoever. Most people come up to me and say watch Religulous, and my immediate response is to tell them to watch The God Delusion instead. I also despise organized religion and I think that The Root of All Evil is a great showcase of what is wrong with it.
          But the God Delusion was such a stupid book...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.
            I know I'll probably end up watching the trailer.. but I don't want to.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              I know I'll probably end up watching the trailer.. but I don't want to.
              Don't do it. I can guarantee it will just infuriate you.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                I think an outright attack on Religion is different than a movie about *** people although I am sure there were a large number of people who were upset Milk got the nom and some wins.
                Well that would be why Crash won in 2005 and why I'll never get over that.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Well that would be why Crash won in 2005 and why I'll never get over that.
                  That really pissed me off as well. I mean it was a weak movie year but still, I thought Crash was mediocre at best.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.
                    All I ask with it is why? WHY? WHYYYY????????
                    SKOL VIKINGS!


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                      All I ask with it is why? WHY? WHYYYY????????
                      I think some studio head thought it would make money. It won't. I think every Donnie Darko fan is pissed the movie was even made.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.
                        Can't be much worse than Donnie Darko.


                        RIP TheManInBlack

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          That really pissed me off as well. I mean it was a weak movie year but still, I thought Crash was mediocre at best.
                          i completely agree. I was so disappointed. It had a great message but the message was forced- they were so preachy it was unbearable. Instead of being subtle and discreet or realistic, they were so blatant about it. Brokeback Mountain was a much better film. That year was a weak year for movies i gotta say. Capote had great acting but i was not in love with the script and i did not see Good Night Good Luck

                          sig by jkpigskin

                          2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                          2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Can't be much worse than Donnie Darko.
                            You didn't like Donnie Darko?

                            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              You didn't like Donnie Darko?
                              I did indeed not like Donnie Darko.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I did indeed not like Donnie Darko.
                                That is a shame. What didn't you like about it?

                                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information