No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" for the first time last night. Such a great movie. Can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

jack nicholson is a BAMF.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
      Saw "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" for the first time last night. Such a great movie. Can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

jack nicholson is a BAMF.

One of my all time favorites.

Comment

• Watched "Mulholland Dr." last night........deffinetly a movie you have to watch twice to understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Watched "Mulholland Dr." last night........deffinetly a movie you have to watch 850,000 times before you even begin to understand it.
          There you go.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
            I am torn on American Beauty. It received all these acolades, when really, it's just weird. The Dad is a pedofile in a way, the "*** hating" army general is actually a closet homosexual, the mom is having an affair, the boy is a drug dealer, and the daughter hates her family. Haha I guess that's what makes it a dark comedy, but man what a messed up movie.

Kevin Spacey is great in it though.

ugh double post, and I apologize if this spoils the movie for some people, I tried the "spoiler button" and I failed miserably.
            one of my top 5 favorite movies ever. it is so cleverly filmed- its not just weird. if you have ever taken film classes, there are such subtleties in cinematography that are brilliant. one of the best performances i have ever seen is spacey as lester burnham.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I just love Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2. They're just such quality, entertaining movies. The cast is awesome, the action scenes are great, and like all QT movies, the dialogue is very clever. You have to take it the right way. It's going to have a bit of Tarrantino corkiness but all in all its a pretty sweet movie. I just really like the overall feel of the movie. As far as Tarrantino movies go, I would rate them just behind Pulp Fiction and above Resevoir Dogs with Jackie Brown and Deathproof rounding off the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                I just love Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2. They're just such quality, entertaining movies. The cast is awesome, the action scenes are great, and like all QT movies, the dialogue is very clever. You have to take it the right way. It's going to have a bit of Tarrantino corkiness but all in all its a pretty sweet movie. I just really like the overall feel of the movie. As far as Tarrantino movies go, I would rate them just behind Pulp Fiction and above Resevoir Dogs with Jackie Brown and Deathproof rounding off the list.
                I dont know. See, I personally like Reservoir Dogs more then Pulp Fiction, so I would disagree there. I didnt enjoy the Kill Bill series as much as many, and I wont lie i love True Romance as well.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  I dont know. See, I personally like Reservoir Dogs more then Pulp Fiction, so I would disagree there. I didnt enjoy the Kill Bill series as much as many, and I wont lie i love True Romance as well.
                  I think Reservoir Dogs is probably a better movie I just enjoyed Kill Bill more. Reservoir Dogs over Pulp Fiction. I don't know about that but I guess its just a personal preference thing. I haven't seen True Romance. I probably should considering I enjoy almost everything else Tarrantino has put out. What is it that you didn't really like about Kill Bill?

Comment

True Romance's original ending was much better.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      I think Reservoir Dogs is probably a better movie I just enjoyed Kill Bill more. Reservoir Dogs over Pulp Fiction. I don't know about that but I guess its just a personal preference thing. I haven't seen True Romance. I probably should considering I enjoy almost everything else Tarrantino has put out. What is it that you didn't really like about Kill Bill?
                      I dont know. I appreciate Tarantino's desire to cast a strong female lead for a number of reasons, I understand his desire for a throwback feel in some of his movies, etc. etc...For some reasons, the films just dont click with me. I dont know why that is, and I will admit some of the sequences are thoroughly enjoyable, I just dont enjoy them.

I enjoy the pure, raw feel of Reservoir Dogs over the edgy complex feel of Pulp Fiction. Just my own personal opinion. I will admit that Pulp is probably the better overall film, but I do enjoy Reservoir Dogs more. Both are genius IMO.

As for True Romance, it isnt directed by Tarantino, it was only written by him. Its directed by Tony Scott (Ridley's under appreciated brother) and is an excellent film. I recommend you watch it.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      True Romance's original ending was much better.
                      I havent seen it. Is it on the DVD?
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I havent seen it. Is it on the DVD?
                        It was in the script, I forgot if it was on the DVD. It's just a more ballsy version of a certain thing that happened at the end, which I'm sure you'll be able to get.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• True Romance is one of my favorite movies. Won't comment on the ending, like he said it should be pretty easy to figure out what happens differently. Regardless of how it did end, I just love it.

Just watched Royal Tenenbaums. Hooray for IFC.
                          Last edited by SuperMcGee; 03-30-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Tony >>>>>>>> Ridley

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              Tony >>>>>>>> Ridley
                              I really really hope that's a joke. Otherwise...

Ridley:
                              Kingdom of Heaven (see Director's Cut)
                              Matchstick Men
                              Black Hawk Down
                              Thelma and Louise
                              Blade Runner
                              Alien
                              Gladiator (I don't like it but I know a lot do)

Tony:
                              True Romance
                              Top Gun
                              Man on Fire
                              Deja Vu
                              Enemy of the State
                              The Last Boy Scout

Really no comparison here.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I really really hope that's a joke. Otherwise...

Ridley:
                                Kingdom of Heaven (see Director's Cut)
                                Matchstick Men
                                Black Hawk Down
                                Thelma and Louise
                                Blade Runner
                                Alien
                                Gladiator (I don't like it but I know a lot do)

Tony:
                                True Romance
                                Top Gun
                                Man on Fire
                                Deja Vu
                                Enemy of the State
                                The Last Boy Scout

Really no comparison here.
                                Based on movies they directed not produced

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information