Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For the record, I'll rank my preference for Tarantino's movies::

    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Kill Bill 1
    3. Jackie Brown
    4. Kill Bill 2
    5. Death Proof
    6. Reservoir Dogs

    I'm not the biggest Reservoir Dogs fan.. I want to watch it again sometime, though, just to get a second viewing of it. I really like all of his movies, so it's not like I didn't like Death Proof because I put it at #5. Kurt Russell was awesome in it and I really loved the ending.

    Can't wait for Inglorious Bastards..

    Comment


    • Reservoir Dogs is way too low, in my opinion. It was the most dramatically relevant and ambitious movie he's ever made. It was basically filming a play (in as much as it was all about character study). I find it to be terribly underrated.

      Comment


      • 1. Pulp Fiction - One of the greatest movies ever made; near perfect.
        2. Reservoir Dogs
        3. The Man from Hollywood
        4. Kill Bill 1
        5. Jackie Brown
        6. Kill Bill 2


        Never seen Death Proof and I have no desire to.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Reservoir Dogs is way too low, in my opinion. It was the most dramatically relevant and ambitious movie he's ever made. It was basically filming a play (in as much as it was all about character study). I find it to be terribly underrated.
          I don't think you can call Reservoir Dogs underrated, it has a huge following and is very critically acclaimed.

          Comment


          • I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

            "It's Keanu Reeves, but he's an Alien!"

            GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.

            Comment


            • Harold Ramis confirmed a Ghostbusters 3 in a interview with MTV. It's going to have the original Ghostbusters cast. I think they're going to be mentors to some new young Ghostbusters.

              Also, a sequel to the new Star Trek has already been given a go. The writers for the Star Trek script are writing the sequel but adding co-creator of Lost Damon Lindelof. It's safe to assume J.J. Abrams will be involved in the sequel.

              Sig by Hitman D.

              Comment


              • /\ /\ /\ That is some great news, to me anyway.

                Speaking of new movies, anyone else see the trailer for Crank 2? Haha, I think I remember seeing the guy fall a couple miles and completely obliterate himself at the end of Crank the original. Hmmmmm.

                Still I am a huge Jason Statham fan, so could be a solid movie.

                And totally random, but I watched Bowfinger the other day for probably the 5th time. Really underrated comedy in my opinion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

                  "It's Keanu Reeves, but he's an Alien!"

                  GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.


                  You should've watched this instead.

                  I also recommend They Live, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Both the 56' Original and 78' remake are good. The original one is on at 9:30 tonight on TCM.
                  Last edited by WMD; 03-31-2009, 05:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

                    "It's Keanu Reeves, but he's an Alien!"

                    GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.
                    You do not talk bad about the Keanu.


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                      I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

                      "It's Keanu Reeves, but he's an Alien!"

                      GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.
                      Yeah, it was a terrible movie. Keanu Reeves is so bad. The only movies I really liked him in were the Bill and Teds and The Devil's Advocate(******* awesome movie).

                      Sig by Hitman D.

                      Comment




                      • Comment


                        • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                          Yeah, it was a terrible movie. Keanu Reeves is so bad. The only movies I really liked him in were the Bill and Teds and The Devil's Advocate(******* awesome movie).
                          I loved Devil's advocate! I like the first 2 Matrix movies too. Reeves has had a few decent performances in good movies.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                            I loved Devil's advocate! I like the first 2 Matrix movies too. Reeves has had a few decent performances in good movies.
                            I thought the first Matrix was pretty good, but I didn't like due to Keanu. I just love the story and idea of what's going on in their world. I need to watch the trilogy again because it has been a while. I remember liking parts of the second and third. I totally forgot Constantine which I thought was good.

                            Sig by Hitman D.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post


                              You should've watched this instead.

                              I also recommend They Live, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Both the 56' Original and 78' remake are good. The original one is on at 9:30 tonight on TCM.
                              Yes. Old science fiction movies for the win!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                                I thought the first Matrix was pretty good, but I didn't like due to Keanu. I just love the story and idea of what's going on in their world. I need to watch the trilogy again because it has been a while. I remember liking parts of the second and third. I totally forgot Constantine which I thought was good.
                                I'm not saying Keanu was a reason to like those movies, but somehow I was never distracted by him being goofy Keanu Reeves in them. Maybe they were such good movies that it covered up his goofiness or maybe the directors or whoever of those movies got him to suck less than normal.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information