No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen "I'm Not There" I've been wanting to check it out. Is it worth my time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      3. Philip Seymour Hoffman: Synecdoche, New York, Boogie Nights, Doubt
      Of all his movies, these are the ones you picked? Jeez.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      Woah.. I really dropped the ball on not mentioning Phillip seymour Hoffman
      Yes.
      Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
        Synecdoche, New York and Boogie Nights are two of my favorite films of all time and he was fantastic in Doubt. I had no problem with those three.

Comment

ok....? and which are the three you would have picked?

Comment

• My top 5 actors in no particular order.....

-Tyler Perry
            -Jack Black
            -Lindsay Lohan
            -Vin Diesel
            -Freddie Prinze Jr.

Is he serious? Who knows?
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Honestly, what the **** is wrong with picking Syndoche, Boogie Nights and Doubt? All were great movies. PSH has been so consistently awesome in every role he has been in the last 10 years, that you pretty much have your pick of the litter.

Comment

Considering all 3 movies were great, and Hoffman was awesome in all of them, why not~

Comment

• Just got home from class and started watching the new xmen movie, the wolverine origins thing and in the first five minutes they've managed to **** up the story. Sure seeing a little kid with claws is cool, but damnit they're butchering **** already.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                    Anyone seen "I'm Not There" I've been wanting to check it out. Is it worth my time?
                    I liked it a lot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      Anyone seen "I'm Not There" I've been wanting to check it out. Is it worth my time?
                      Its a good flick. But be prepared to be rather confused unless youre a huge Dylan mark. I consider myself a large Dylan fan, seen him live a few times have a lot of albums etc. The movie delves off into a lot of Dylan 'folk lore' and tells a bunch of different stories that you often need some background on to understand.

That said, even at parts where I wasnt exactly sure what was happening, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Seeing him represented by all the different actors was great.

And PSH was in The Big Lebowski, so I can't dislike him.

Comment

• Viggo Mortensen has vowed to give up making movies - because promoting them leaves him exhausted.

The 50 year old has starred in numerous films and TV shows since launching his acting career in 1985, most notably as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings franchise.

But the star insists the gruelling promotional schedule for each new release is leaving him shattered - and it's spurred him on to quit the industry.

Mortensen tells Britain's The Times newspaper, “In the past week I’ve been from L.A. to Japan to Korea to Poland to here. It’s ridiculous! It’s not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, I’m taking measures to change that.

“No more movies. I haven’t said yes to one in over a year. I’ve been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but there’s other things I want to do. It’s not the right time.

"If it all dries up now, I've had a good run."
                        Last edited by comahan; 04-06-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                          Viggo Mortensen has vowed to give up making movies - because promoting them leaves him exhausted.

The 50 year old has starred in numerous films and TV shows since launching his acting career in 1985, most notably as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings franchise.

But the star insists the gruelling promotional schedule for each new release is leaving him shattered - and it's spurred him on to quit the industry.
                          Mortensen tells Britain's The Times newspaper, ďIn the past week Iíve been from L.A. to Japan to Korea to Poland to here. Itís ridiculous! Itís not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, Iím taking measures to change that.

ďNo more movies. I havenít said yes to one in over a year. Iíve been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but thereís other things I want to do. Itís not the right time.

10,000 Million Dollars saying he does another movie within two years. Any takers????

Side note: If Viggo is 50; 50 is truly the new 40.

Comment

Viggo Mortensen has vowed to give up making movies - because promoting them leaves him exhausted.

Mortensen tells Britain's The Times newspaper, ďIn the past week Iíve been from L.A. to Japan to Korea to Poland to here. Itís ridiculous! Itís not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, Iím taking measures to change that.

ďNo more movies. I havenít said yes to one in over a year. Iíve been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but thereís other things I want to do. Itís not the right time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't go Viggo, DON'T GO!

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If I'm wanting to cast him and I run a studio, I'd just say, "You dont have to do promotions" and ta-da! Problem solved. Hell he could just make that a contract stipulation.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                If I'm wanting to cast him and I run a studio, I'd just say, "You dont have to do promotions" and ta-da! Problem solved. Hell he could just make that a contract stipulation.
                                No studio would agree to that though. Going around the world and promoting movies has become essential now. I don't think he ends up retiring because of this but he will take a lot of time off and I admire him for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information