Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    No studio would agree to that though. Going around the world and promoting movies has become essential now. I don't think he ends up retiring because of this but he will take a lot of time off and I admire him for that.
    haha what do you admire him for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      haha what do you admire him for?
      Giving Hollywood a big **** you and quiting.

Admire really wasn't the right word but he made a ballsy move that is sure to piss off his fans because he was doing through hell promoting movies. I have heard how crazy some of those schedules are before and it really is pretty insane. He is doing what he wants to do and not giving a **** what people think, I have sort of become a Viggo fan now.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
        Viggo Mortensen has vowed to give up making movies - because promoting them leaves him exhausted.

The 50 year old has starred in numerous films and TV shows since launching his acting career in 1985, most notably as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings franchise.

But the star insists the gruelling promotional schedule for each new release is leaving him shattered - and it's spurred him on to quit the industry.

Mortensen tells Britain's The Times newspaper, ďIn the past week Iíve been from L.A. to Japan to Korea to Poland to here. Itís ridiculous! Itís not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, Iím taking measures to change that.

ďNo more movies. I havenít said yes to one in over a year. Iíve been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but thereís other things I want to do. Itís not the right time.

"If it all dries up now, I've had a good run."
        /Cheer
        I was never a fan of his.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't go Viggo, DON'T GO!

This. I want Eastern Promises 2 ************.

Comment

Giving Hollywood a big **** you and quiting.

Admire really wasn't the right word but he made a ballsy move that is sure to piss off his fans because he was doing through hell promoting movies. I have heard how crazy some of those schedules are before and it really is pretty insane. He is doing what he wants to do and not giving a **** what people think, I have sort of become a Viggo fan now.
            haha the thing is though he is doing what he wants: he is going to chill on his million dollar yacht with ten thousand dollar an hour hoes for a year then when they want to make a sequel for something he'll just ask for more money and get it.

I don't know though...maybe he is taking a Ghandi like stand with the NO ACTING thing despite his rabid, immense fan base who will be picketing outside of his door until he makes another Hidalgo.

Comment

• I watched Let the Right One In last night for the first time since my original viewing, and for anyone who hasnt seen it, go see it immediately. Its an incredibly touching movie that, for all of its quirks and depth, should have a mainstream following. Its one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, particularly in the horror genre. In fact, I dont even know if I would call it horror, as its such an intense, character driven narrative and its about so much more then the vampire story. Ahhh, definitely great, everyone go watch it. I like it more then Pan's Labrynth a few years back, to compare it to another foreign film.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                I dont even know if I would call it horror, as its such an intense
                I think "childhood romance" was one description I saw haha. Personally, I thought it was a charming movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

No studio would agree to that though. Going around the world and promoting movies has become essential now. I don't think he ends up retiring because of this but he will take a lot of time off and I admire him for that.
                  Bale does it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Bale does it.
                    "You want me to tear down your lights?!"

Comment

• Goin up to blockbuster soon with a plan of renting 5 movies. One is going to be Wall-E, I NEED to see it. And one could be Midnight Meat Train, is it worth my money?

Comment

Bale does it.
                        Bale is a much bigger star than Viggo and he is also insane.

Comment

• It's ***** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the ******* earth, the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a ***** state of affairs to be in, Tommy! And all the fresh air in the world won't make any ******* difference!
                          That's what I am watching, if you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            That's what I am watching, if you know it.
                            Trainspotting for 500.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              Goin up to blockbuster soon with a plan of renting 5 movies. One is going to be Wall-E, I NEED to see it. And one could be Midnight Meat Train, is it worth my money?
                              Get Wall-E.

Comment

• He said one is going to be Wall-E.

As far as Midnight Meat Train goes.. I haven't seen it, but it seems interesting, so I'd at least give it a rent.

What 3 other movies are you looking at?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information