Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    who wants to watch Hostel? Really?
    I saw the first one and I laughed my ass off the whole time.

Also, Eli Roth made probably the funniest trailer in Grindhouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9xU90svlM

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• oh god APS is at it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Pssh, says you. Just because I want to see celebrity snuff on my phone doesn't mean you have to diss the entire genre.
        Where can I find this snuff applet?

Comment

• One of the greatest theater going experiences I have ever had was when I went to see Hostel with a friend. The audience was great (there were only about 10 of us all around 16-25) and we were all laughing and yelling holy **** the whole time. It was like watching the movie with a bunch of friends while really drunk. I don't care if anyone calls it a bad movie and I have been hated on for liking it but I think Hostel is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I dont see anything wrong with him not wanting to be in the public eye. There is nothing wrong with wanting to retain privacy and some sense of security.

And of course part of him is written into his movies. Adaptation is based on his own experiences. Hell, the lead character's name in Adaptation is Charlie Kaufman. I still dont see how that makes him a messed up individual. I admire him for not adhering to the boring, formulaic style of filmmaking that is everywhere nowadays.

Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind dont make me think messed up, or disturbed, or in need of therapy. I can understand how Synecdoche may make you think he is disturbed, but if you think about it rationally, many of the fears that are displayed in Synecdoche are very real fears, Kaufman just expresses them in an extreme way. I know I share many of his fears and opinions on many of the things he expressed in the film. I think he expressed very real fears that many so called normal people see and feel everyday. But hey, you can call him weird. I admire him.

Thank you for contributing something wholly intelligent to the discussion. In fact, I feel so much more knowledgeable after reading your pathetic spiel...But I'm glad you took time out of your day to attempt to insult me.

I just think its sad that a great artist like Charlie Kaufman is referenced to as ****** up, when in reality, I think the world needs alot more people like him around.
            Are you a film major?
            Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
              Are you a film major?
              He is not a film major but he takes film courses at a University in my hometown that offers such a bad film program I refused to go there. It's not like I had a lot of options either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                He is not a film major but he takes film courses at a University in my hometown that offers such a bad film program I refused to go there. It's not like I had a lot of options either.
                Where is that?
                Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                  Where is that?
                  The University of Carlton in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

To make this post movie relevant. The new Terminator movie is said to be rated PG -13 which almost certainly means it will blow. Observe and Report is getting great reviews from top critics on Rotten Tomatoes. It is said to be a very funny action film but still sick and twisted.

Comment

LMAO......
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

To make this post movie relevant. The new Terminator movie is said to be rated PG -13 which almost certainly means it will blow. Observe and Report is getting great reviews from top critics on Rotten Tomatoes. It is said to be a very funny action film but still sick and twisted.
                      I can't wait to see Observe and Report, it's my second most anticipated movie behind The Informers. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like Pineapple Express did...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        I can't wait to see Observe and Report, it's my second most anticipated movie behind The Informers. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like Pineapple Express did...
                        I agree. I was really looking forward to Pineapple Express and I was incredibly let down. I am still looking forward to Inglorious Basterds more than Observe and Report. I was in grade 10 when it was first announced and I was so excited then. I couldn't stop talking about it. Now more than 5 years later it is finally coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                          lol APS, constantly playing up his HOLIER THAN THOU persona when it comes to movies.

Oh god, did i say movies? I meant "FILMS", please dont hate me for saying movies!

But really,

"Apparently that guy isnt capable of contributing, so he just insults. I'm sure hes funny at times though."

is hilarious. Since most of what you do APS, is just call people ******* idiots when they disagree with you.

And then you bring up how you study film.
                          *APPLAUDS*

Comment

• PG 13 doesnt mean it will suck, exactly...it was actually pretty expected. I'd rather an R rating myself but, was expecting PG 13. This is going to make them a lot more money, as well. So, what movie does better at the box office? T4 or Star Trek? Both have great fan bases and Star Trek def. looks to gain a lot more fans with this reboot. But, I'm still thinking T4 will make the bigger splash. Wolverine certainly wont do as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

I agree. I was really looking forward to Pineapple Express and I was incredibly let down. I am still looking forward to Inglorious Basterds more than Observe and Report. I was in grade 10 when it was first announced and I was so excited then. I couldn't stop talking about it. Now more than 5 years later it is finally coming out.
                              I think it was announced even longer than 5 years ago...seems like it's been rumored to be in the works for a long, long time now.

I just looked it up, **** time flies...Kill Bill came out 6 years ago, that is crazy to me. Seems like yesterday. Anyways though I remember Inglorious Bastards was supposed to be his next movie, but he did Kill Bill instead, so yea, I've probably been waiting ten years to see this damn movie. No way it can live up to those expectations haha.

Comment

• Even though I'm disappointed that T4 might be pg-13, I'm still psyched. I mean come on. It's Christian Bale.
                                But to be honest I'm more excited for Star Trek. And I'm not a trekie by the way.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information