Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    PG 13 doesnt mean it will suck, exactly...it was actually pretty expected. I'd rather an R rating myself but, was expecting PG 13. So, what movie does better at the box office? T4 or Star Trek? Both have great fan bases and Star Trek def. looks to gain a lot more fans with this reboot. But, I'm still thinking T4 will make the bigger splash.
    I think Star Trek will be the much better movie. I just can't get over the fact that McG is directing Salvation. He is such a ******* terrible director. I also can't forget what happened to T3 with it's PG-13 ratings. I am not one to write off an action movie because it is rated PG-13 but that combined with many other things leads me to believe the movie will be a pile of ****. I hope I am wrong though. Also, as great as Bale is I would have preferred Edward Furlong.

Comment

PG 13 doesnt mean it will suck, exactly...it was actually pretty expected. I'd rather an R rating myself but, was expecting PG 13. This is going to make them a lot more money, as well. So, what movie does better at the box office? T4 or Star Trek? Both have great fan bases and Star Trek def. looks to gain a lot more fans with this reboot. But, I'm still thinking T4 will make the bigger splash. Wolverine certainly wont do as well.
      Won't even be close IMO. here are my guesses:

T4: $200 million range
      Wolverine: $150 million
      Star Trek: $80 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        I think it was announced even longer than 5 years ago...seems like it's been rumored to be in the works for a long, long time now.

I just looked it up, **** time flies...Kill Bill came out 6 years ago, that is crazy to me. Seems like yesterday. Anyways though I remember Inglorious Bastards was supposed to be his next movie, but he did Kill Bill instead, so yea, I've probably been waiting ten years to see this damn movie. No way it can live up to those expectations haha.
        You are right on this one. I have read that he wanted to do it ever further back then I remember. After Kill Bill I was just really hoping he wouldn't take another long break and Inglorious Basterds would come out within a couple years and my anticipation for the movie was at an all time high. Hopefully the movie won't disappoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          Won't even be close IMO. here are my guesses:

T4: $200 million range
          Wolverine: $150 million
          Star Trek: $80 million
          I think you underestimate the Trekkies. As soon as they see it, they're going to see it again.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
            I think you underestimate the Trekkies. As soon as they see it, they're going to see it again.
            Maybe you are right, I just looked it up and Star Trek: First Contact did $90 million. I thought it was a lot less..I'll bump it up to $110 million.

Comment

• Fast and Furious got what $71 million? I def. expect Star Trek to trump that. I'd be pretty shocked if it didnt top $100 million...and this one actually looks decent. I may even go see it and I hate Star Trek.

As for Furlong...he hasnt aged at all. haha. He looks younger than Nick Stahl, who they used in the 3rd. In fact, he may be younger but anyway...that was a choice I didnt care too much for...I've never liked him. (Stahl) Also, as for Furlong, his career hasn't really taken off as it was expected to. Bale guarantees you the big bucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Fast and Furious got what $71 million? I def. expect Star Trek to trump that. I'd be pretty shocked if it didnt top $100 million...and this one actually looks decent. I may even go see it and I hate Star Trek.

As for Furlong...he hasnt aged at all. haha. He looks younger than Nick Stahl, who they used in the 3rd. In fact, he may be younger but anyway...that was a choice I didnt care too much for...I've never liked him. (Stahl) Also, as for Furlong, his career hasn't really taken off as it was expected to. Bale guarantees you the big bucks.
                I knew it wasn't going to happen. Drugs pretty much ended Furlong's career. As for Star Trek I think it will do 150 mill or so. Abrams fans will flock to it along with trekkies. There will also be Simon Pegg fans going, I am sure John Cho will attract some people. Heroes fans will likely be there. I think the new Trek has a huge amount of mass appeal and will do very well at the box office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  I think Star Trek will be the much better movie. I just can't get over the fact that McG is directing Salvation. He is such a ******* terrible director. I also can't forget what happened to T3 with it's PG-13 ratings. I am not one to write off an action movie because it is rated PG-13 but that combined with many other things leads me to believe the movie will be a pile of ****. I hope I am wrong though. Also, as great as Bale is I would have preferred Edward Furlong.
                  You would have preferred Furlong? Are you kidding me? Furlong was borderline abysmal in T2.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    You would have preferred Furlong? Are you kidding me? Furlong was borderline abysmal in T2.
                    Hahaha. I am telling you, he was part of the reason the movie was awesome. I don't know what it is about him in that movie, but I thought it worked. Clearly I want him back because nostalgia is oh so strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Hahaha. I am telling you, he was part of the reason the movie was awesome. I don't know what it is about him in that movie, but I thought it worked. Clearly I want him back because nostalgia is oh so strong.
                      Totally agree. Furlong ruled in T2. Such warmth and rad-ness in the scene where he teaches him to high-five.

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      The University of Carlton in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

To make this post movie relevant. The new Terminator movie is said to be rated PG -13 which almost certainly means it will blow. Observe and Report is getting great reviews from top critics on Rotten Tomatoes. It is said to be a very funny action film but still sick and twisted.
                      Observe and Report just has not looked good to me, at all. I'll shoot for enjoyable, but I don't have high hopes for this time around.

Comment

• Yeah observe and report doesn't excite me too much, but Id watch it cause im easily entertained and never have high expectations for movies.

Comment

• Observe and Report looks pretty good, to me. Looks like it has some good laughs.. it also has some Ray Liotta!

Comment

• Observe and Report looks like one of the top Mall Cop movies of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Observe and Report looks like one of the top Mall Cop movies of the year.
                              Seriously! Thats what I thought when I saw the preview. Looks exactly the same but with a different cast.

Comment

• Besides the obvious, I trust there is little similar about Observe and Report and Paul Blart. For one, Observe and Report looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information