Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
    yes ken watanbe was the 'decoy' so to speak. Liam Neeson was truly Al Ghul, he confesses before he burns Wayne Manor down.
    Really???

Ok, maybe I didn't understand it.

I thought he just used that name to surprise Wayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      No, Ken Watanabe ("The Last Samurai" and "Letters from Iwo Jima") played Ras Al Ghul.

Liam Neesen's character was his follower.
      Wrongo dongo. Neesen was Ras Al Ghul, Ken was his "decoy."

Neesen says in the movie:

Wayne: "You're not Ras, he died" (or something like that)

Ras: "Yes, but is Ras Ah Guhl immortal?"

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I wonder if Liam Neesen will be making another appearance in one of the next movies...you know Ras Al-Ghul never dies...

Comment

• http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2007/dec/03bale.htm

Impressive.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• What are everybody's favourite documentaries? They don't even have to be feature films, could be on TV or something.

Here's a few of mine:

---

Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way
            A special on the history drug outlining the major drugs in the USA, their history, and how they became illegal. Required viewing for anybody who wants to know where America's longest and most expensive war originated from.

Hoop Dreams
            Follows two young black males in Chicago from the time they pick their high school to when they arrive at college. Great movie that is about so much more than basketball.

Pumping Iron
            Say what you want about this movie (it does have it's fair share of hilarious lines) but it made bodybuilding what it is today. Even 30+ years ago, Arnold's charisma is present in full force.

SiCKO
            Ya, I'll probably catch some crap for this pick but I think it's Moore's best movie and he has some good ones. Call him biased, but there's not much in this movie that isn't accurate. Good look at one of the more perplexing issues in American society today.

The Root of All Evil
            A film by one of my favourite academics in the world today, Richard Dawkins. Won't say much about it because of forum rules but it basically outlines the many problems with religion.

Jesus Camp
            This is definitely near the top of my list. Finally a movie shows the ridiculousness of certain religious groups that get a pass in our society because they happen to be the majority. If this movie doesn't make you think, not much will.

Supersize Me
            What a great premise for a movie. I loved this movie from start to finish and it showcases what I believe will be the biggest killer of the Boomerang generation. Obesity is becoming an epidemic and the more people that realize it and insist on change the better.

---

There are many more I'm forgetting but those are a few off the top of my head. Recommend your favourites so we can all watch them. I tend to prefer newer ones or at least ones that pertain to issues that are still relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
              What are everybody's favourite documentaries? They don't even have to be feature films, could be on TV or something.

Here's a few of mine:

---

Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way
              A special on the history drug outlining the major drugs in the USA, their history, and how they became illegal. Required viewing for anybody who wants to know where America's longest and most expensive war originated from.

Hoop Dreams
              Follows two young black males in Chicago from the time they pick their high school to when they arrive at college. Great movie that is about so much more than basketball.

Pumping Iron
              Say what you want about this movie (it does have it's fair share of hilarious lines) but it made bodybuilding what it is today. Even 30+ years ago, Arnold's charisma is present in full force.

SiCKO
              Ya, I'll probably catch some crap for this pick but I think it's Moore's best movie and he has some good ones. Call him biased, but there's not much in this movie that isn't accurate. Good look at one of the more perplexing issues in American society today.

The Root of All Evil
              A film by one of my favourite academics in the world today, Richard Dawkins. Won't say much about it because of forum rules but it basically outlines the many problems with religion.

Jesus Camp
              This is definitely near the top of my list. Finally a movie shows the ridiculousness of certain religious groups that get a pass in our society because they happen to be the majority. If this movie doesn't make you think, not much will.

Supersize Me
              What a great premise for a movie. I loved this movie from start to finish and it showcases what I believe will be the biggest killer of the Boomerang generation. Obesity is becoming an epidemic and the more people that realize it and insist on change the better.

---

There are many more I'm forgetting but those are a few off the top of my head. Recommend your favourites so we can all watch them. I tend to prefer newer ones or at least ones that pertain to issues that are still relevant.

The Root of All evil is very good, but it appeals to its target audience, no one else really. I mean im an atheist myself and i loved it because of how much it showed religion is so illogical and a scam, but truthfully it simply appeals to ppl who feel in that general way.

Supersize me was very entertaining- but it actually just made me hungry and i swear i went out after i saw it and ate fast food. it was funny and a brilliant concept but didnt have a lasting impact.

Im a big Michael Moore fan. I know i will get crap for this, im not bringing up politics, but i just love his films. Although some say he fabricates facts, which may be true in some areas, overall what he gets at is pretty accurate. I never saw Sicko actually, ill wait for it on demand but BFC and F9/11 were fabulous

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Ok everyone- New topic...Favorite Foreign Films?

Mine are City of God, Pan's Labyrinth, Seven Samurai
                City Of God, Lock, Stock

and for documentaries:

Wordplay and the Confederate States of America

And the wide release for Juno is December 14th, tomorrow only if you are in NY or LA.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Got the Superbad DVD. Great movie, very funny, but not as good as Knocked Up IMHO.

Comment

The Root of All evil is very good, but it appeals to its target audience, no one else really. I mean im an atheist myself and i loved it because of how much it showed religion is so illogical and a scam, but truthfully it simply appeals to ppl who feel in that general way.

Supersize me was very entertaining- but it actually just made me hungry and i swear i went out after i saw it and ate fast food. it was funny and a brilliant concept but didnt have a lasting impact.

Im a big Michael Moore fan. I know i will get crap for this, im not bringing up politics, but i just love his films. Although some say he fabricates facts, which may be true in some areas, overall what he gets at is pretty accurate. I never saw Sicko actually, ill wait for it on demand but BFC and F9/11 were fabulous
                    I actually used to be religious but as I grew older and started exploring religion outside of what was told to me by parents, church, etc. I switched to atheism. I think The Root of All Evil would be interesting to anybody with an open mind, unfortunately people tend to be very bullheaded when it comes to matter of religion. I get your point though, obviously people will like documentaries more if they subscribe to the beliefs they are pushing on you.

I like Michael Moore a lot too and I think he gets a bad reputation that he doesn't deserve. People just dismiss him as some "crazy liberal" when he actually has some interesting ideas. I think more than anything he should be applauded for bringing issues into the mainstream media and having them discussed. After SiCKO was released there was about a month of coverage on major media about healthcare in America. Agree with Moore's ideas or not, anything that brings important issues to the forefront ahead of the normal idiocy that news covers has to be seen as positive. The best thing about Moore's movies is probably that they're just incredibly well done. I don't think I've ever seen a documentary that was put together as well as the ones Moore has created.

Comment

• Favorite Documentaries.. Best one I've seen is probably "Dark Days" which is about Homeless people in New York that live underground in the abandoned part of the railways..The director made the movie to try and help out the homeless people.. It's pretty cool just seeing how they live.. How they make their little huts to live in, how they get their food, and hearing all of their little stories that they have to tell. Also has a great soundtrack done by DJ Shadow. Really good stuff.

Also have shout out "Roger & Me" done by Michael Moore.. even though it makes Flint look much worse than it really is.
                      Last edited by WMD; 12-04-2007, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• New Rambo trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sagNn4BNU

Comment

• Only the original R-rated trailer was good. I saw a commercial for it on TV yesterday, they were playing Drowning Pool. Ugh.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              Only the original R-rated trailer was good. I saw a commercial for it on TV yesterday, they were playing Drowning Pool. Ugh.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLR0...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                                great moview

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information