Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to Trekkies....or trekkers?!
    I have never seen a full episode of any Star Trek ever... I know the basic stuff about it but really nothing too substantial.
    Would I still enjoy the movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
      No they are known as Trekkies. On my way home from school today I saw a license plate that said "CptnKirk". When I passed him I gave him the Vulcan salute.
      lol. Are you sure? I keep hearing Trekkers now. Sounds terrible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
        Question to Trekkies....or trekkers?!
        I have never seen a full episode of any Star Trek ever... I know the basic stuff about it but really nothing too substantial.
        For sure you would. This movie is more geared to the casual movie goer, rather than the die hard star trek fan. Granted the goal was to appease both and they have done that, it would seem.

As for the old star trek movies...I thought they were horrible from the parts I saw but, this looks good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Yes, I am in the same boat basically and I enjoyed the movie immensely.
          Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          lol. Are you sure? I keep hearing Trekkers now. Sounds terrible.
          And yes, it definitely is trekkies.

Trekkers might be the new school people, but the Shatner fans are Trekkies.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

You would still enjoy the movie. They introduce the characters pretty well and actually changed some of the Star Trek canon. There's nothing you need to know really

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• saw Fanboys and loved it, loved all the cameos

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• I'm hardly a see-movies-at-the-theatre guy, but I think Terminator Salvation will be this year's exception. It looks damn good, I'm excited about it.

Granted it's strayed from the unstoppable chase formula, but that's just what the series needed because T1 and T2 weren't going to be topped anyways.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• The trailers certainly make it look badass. McG is scary but, you never know. The Charlie's Angels movies, save Sam Rockwell are complete garbage. Granted the scripts were garbage but, it's still a scary thought that he was the man filming those movies. He should have had a lot more to work with here. Even though it's McG, I'm thinking it's going to be a huge success. Not just in terms of money, that is a given but, I think it will actually be good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• You will all see. I think Terminator will suck. I hope I am proven wrong but Bale being miserable on set is just another indicator.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                      saw Fanboys and loved it, loved all the cameos
                      Yeah, they are pretty awesome. Seth Rogen really is in every movie being made, and in this case twice.

Comment

• I really hope Terminator: Salvation ends up being good as well. I'm really scared about the whole McG situation.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• just saw Chopper with Eric Bana i must say i really like Andrew Dominik as a director, i know he has only made two movies but hey were both great in depiticting the main character in the movie (Reed & James), Eric Bana was great in the role of Mark Brandon Read an Aussie criminal. defenitly a must watch is you like badass crimnal movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                            Did you like her in I Wanna Bang Your Sister?
                            I mean, she wasn't Oscar worthy or anything, but it did the trick

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              You will all see. I think Terminator will suck. I hope I am proven wrong but Bale being miserable on set is just another indicator.
                              Bale had a lot of personal/family problems lately in the UK, hope he's gotten past those by now.

I think he's undergoing the rites of passage as he's elevated to the apex of the A-List & the top shelf of actors, the new Batman role in multiple pictures solidified him & as the new John Connor he's going to blow audiences away IMO. I think it was the Patrick Bateman role in American Psycho that did it a few yrs. ago, but like Swayze as Dalton said in Roadhouse, "Opinions vary..."

He's done questionable dystopic futuristic sci-fi films before, he's pulled them out of loserdom with the sheer strength of his performances, if you've ever seen Reign of Fire you know exactly what I'm talking about. For a former child actor his star is definitely rising.

This is just me, but I'm mega-psyched for a Terminator film that details the war between humans & machines that's believable (unlike I, Robot) & doesn't have the goddamn Governator in it. Based on the previews I'll be among the 1st in line when it opens later this month on the Left Coast.

Going to Star Trek this afternoon in a suburban bowling alleylike theater, I'm psyched!! Per the Trekkies vs. Trekkers raging controversy, I can offer this: I was p/o a group of English students in college way, way back in the late 70s who formed the University Sci-Fi Club, the English Lit. types debated the science majors on various topics, had speakers & presentations, etc. But the term Trekkies was disallowed even for our members who dressed up as Enterprise crew members or Klingons for the Halloween night bash, too deroggatory & insulting. It's been a derisive term ever since way back then, call them Star Trek TOS (The Original Series) fans instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Going to Star Trek this afternoon in a suburban bowling alleylike theater, I'm psyched!! Per the Trekkies vs. Trekkers raging controversy, I can offer this: I was p/o a group of English students in college way, way back in the late 70s who formed the University Sci-Fi Club, the English Lit. types debated the science majors on various topics, had speakers & presentations, etc. But the term Trekkies was disallowed even for our members who dressed up as Enterprise crew members or Klingons for the Halloween night bash, too deroggatory & insulting. It's been a derisive term ever since way back then, call them Star Trek TOS (The Original Series) fans instead.
                                If a Star Trek fan is ashamed or insulted by being called a Trekkie then they aren't a Trekkie. Also, no other series was out yet if it was in the late 70s. Calling Next Generation fans (KIRK > PICARD) just Star Trek TOS fans would be insulting to them :P
                                Last edited by nrk; 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information