No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got around to watching Star Trek on Tuesday and loved it. I thought it was perfectly cast and Abrams did a really great job all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      I finally got around to watching Star Trek on Tuesday and loved it. I thought it was perfectly cast and Abrams did a really great job all around.
      Indeed, very good movie.

Comment

• yeah, star trek was good. again, speed racer is the ****. And regarding the new land of the lost movie coming out with Will Ferrell, I think they should've done the whole thing with claymation dinosaurs like they did in the '60s.....now that would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          The trailer for this has me thinking it will be all kinds of awesome...
          I can't ******* wait

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I finally got around to watching Star Trek on Tuesday and loved it. I thought it was perfectly cast and Abrams did a really great job all around.
            Star Trek was a really fun movie, and I really liked it. Although that random bit in the middle where it was like 5 minutes of getting caught in tube shtick was a bit unnecessary.

I just caught My Bloody Valentine 3-D, god what an absurdly fun movie that is.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hard Candy was a movie that initially took me back and caught me by surprise and really hooked me as you have this young girl played pretty well by Juno's Ellen Page. For maybe the first 45 minutes its pretty effective and Patrick Wilson is scummy enough and kind of repulsive enough to play a pedophile. The torture scenes are overlong, over-written and just plain pointless. It gets a little preachy during these torture scenes as well. I didn't end up caring how it ended, but I just wished it was over. The ending is also predictable and it takes for ever to end. It's got a pretty solid premise, but there just isn't a story to tell. The characters are both unlikable and there's only two in the entire movie. Pretty much as stripped down as it gets. It's a short story forced into a feature film and, for the most part, doesn't work.

It's kind of a cult classic already, and I heard a lot of good things from a lot of people, but the movie kind of sucked.

4/10
              Last edited by BigBanger; 05-20-2009, 07:14 PM.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
              Originally posted by GoRavens
              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I thought it was alright...kind of overrated and Page was soooooo annoying in that movie. Effective in her craft but, not really enjoyable on my end. I still thought it was pretty good for the most part but, I expected more after all the praise it had received on here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Have to agree, the movie was bad A.

Comment

• Just finished What Doesn't Kill You. Yet another movie about the Boston underworld. It was fine. Ruffalo and Hawke give good performances, but it wasn't as engaging as I would've hoped. All in all a fairly decent movie.

Comment

• I just re-watched all of Firefly, and I have the undying urge to go and watch Serenity, which along with Sunshine is one of my favorite modern sci fi films.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        Just finished What Doesn't Kill You. Yet another movie about the Boston underworld. It was fine. Ruffalo and Hawke give good performances, but it wasn't as engaging as I would've hoped. All in all a fairly decent movie.
                        My friend has been promising to lend it to me for weeks. He liked it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                          how is the new fast and furious movie? My friend borrowed it and contemplating watching it.
                          It's a decent film, never bothered to watch the last one though, I'd say see it.

Comment

• Melvin Goes To Dinner may be the funniest movie you've never seen

Comment

• someone should help me choose a movie to watch right now...Im going to make grilled cheese, and when I get back, someone should of recommended 5-7 movies for me to choose from haha
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                                My friend has been promising to lend it to me for weeks. He liked it a lot.
                                Well if anything I have to give it credit for not romanticizing the subject matter like most of the other movies of it's genre. It is very gritty and honest in it's story telling, which I did appreciate. Liked it, but still wasn't in love with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information