Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    Yeah, "Pet Detective" was better, but I thought that "When Nature Calls" was underrated.
    When he goes to the mental institution and is talking on the phone, right before kneeling down and slamming his head on the bench... As a younger kid, that was probably the hardest I ever laughed at a movie.

Still, because I love Jim Carey, I liked When Nature Calls quite a bit too. But 1 is better than 2, by farrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      When he goes to the mental institution and is talking on the phone, right before kneeling down and slamming his head on the bench... As a younger kid, that was probably the hardest I ever laughed at a movie.

Still, because I love Jim Carey, I liked When Nature Calls quite a bit too. But 1 is better than 2, by farrrr
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poS3b2P71w0

CLASSIC!

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
        hahaha here's another great one from When Nature Calls.

Comment

• This is a cool article about the Terminator franchise.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-...erminator.html

Regarding the Arnold's role in the original:

He wanted to cast Lance Henriksen, who had been in his first film "Piranha II." Another possible choice was O.J. Simpson, but Cameron said in 1984, "people wouldn't have believed a nice guy like O. J. playing the part of a ruthless killer."
          Hmmmm......

Regarding T2:

The shoot went on for so long that Edward Furlong, who played John Connor, had to dub all his dialogue over because his voice was much deeper at the end of filming.
          Yeesh, Furlong went through puberty during the shoot.

Comment

• I saw the new Terminator last night, and it was terrible.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Regarding T4, of all the **** placed upon McG prior to its release, he did his just very well as the movie was beautifully shot. It's not his fault the script was atrocious.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                hahaha here's another great one from When Nature Calls.
                my favorite scene:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Regarding T4, of all the **** placed upon McG prior to its release, he did his just very well as the movie was beautifully shot. It's not his fault the script was atrocious.
                  That's good to hear on that end but, he is also a writer, it's not like he couldnt have made revisions to the script. He's not much of a writer, though. He probably doesnt know what a good script looks like.

Brancato/Ferris haven't written anything good since "the Game". I just didnt think this movie would fail, though because of the actual scale of the franchise...and these reboots/big time sequels have been very successful as of late. Probably should have looked for different writers after T3 anyway, I suppose. Garbage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    my favorite scene:

Sweeney toad hahaha

Oh yeah, and there is ecko from lost, I love ecko.

I think Ace Ventura would be an awesome Halloween costume, and easy. Plus, you could be plastered and it would still work.

Comment

• I finally got around to watching Tsosti. It's always on IFC but, I never sat down and watched the whole thing until yesterday. I loved it, so sad. Reminded me of Fresh in a way with his rough/troubled life. A very simple movie but very effective.

So my movie recommendations of the day...go see Tsosti and Fresh, if you havent. I still cant believe Sean Nelson's career never took off. (Fresh, the Wood)
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-24-2009, 05:32 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Regarding T4, of all the **** placed upon McG prior to its release, he did his just very well as the movie was beautifully shot. It's not his fault the script was atrocious.
                        It wasn't just the script. Some of the acting was bad. Christian Bale was absolutely terrible. When he shouted "WHAT ARE YOU?" I started cracking up out loud. I didn't "connect" with any of the characters. The action was boring except at the end.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I just watched Fanboys. Hilarious

Comment

• If there's one thing better than Con Air, it's Con Air on TBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              If there's one thing better than Con Air, it's Con Air on TBS.

Swamp Thing, yeeah boi

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Just saw Star Trek. The acting and the actor-actress/character selection was great. As much as I dig the idea of time-travel, I can see some serious problems in this new story-arc.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information