No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple of Doom was my favorite Indiana Jones movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
      The fact that there are still people in this world who have yet to see Indiana Jones makes me shudder.
      I think its more appalling that he hasnt seen the Star Wars movies...The original 3 formed the basis for most of my childhood. I thought Jedi were real till I was like 8. My dad is a huge Star Wars fan, so we had the original trilogy playing alot. The new 3 were garbage though IMO. Fun if you want meaningless CGI, but they dont hold a candle to the original 3.

As far as LOTR goes, I have always felt that not only the movies, but the books were overrated too. They are long, boring, and overly descriptive. I appreciate Tolkien's influence on literature, particularely the fantasy genre, but the books are just ******* tedious and while the movies are enjoyable, its hard for me to take them seriously as anything more then a very generic storyline wrapped in big ass battles. Great effects, great cinematography, good acting, but I never fell in love with the movies. My response is usually meh to the idea of watching one.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade kick all kinds of ass. Temple of Doom was meh and I never even bothered seeing the 4th one.

So yes, watched Punch Drunk Love last night, definitely a movie that gets better the more times you watch it. Its actually a pretty nice little love story. I love Sandler in the role. Absolutely love him. Overall, it isnt Boogie Nights, but its an underrated movie IMO.

Tonight, I have several options. I havent decided on any though. Might watch Bottle Rocket, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, Dead Poets Society, Half Nelson, Manhattan, or Risky Business. Not sure which yet.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
        Temple of Doom was my favorite Indiana Jones movie.
        It was my least favorite - sorry.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• 1. Last Crusade
          2. Raiders of Lost Ark
          3. Temple of Doom
          4. Whatever the last one was called.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
            1. Last Crusade
            2. Raiders of Lost Ark
            3. Temple of Doom
            4. Whatever the last one was called.
            I think it was called Shia LeBouf and the CGI Monkeys. And anything over Raiders is a sin.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I think it was called Shia LeBouf and the CGI Monkeys. And anything over Raiders is a sin.
              I believe it was actually named Even Stevens becomes an Archeologist.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Drag Me to Hell is getting great reviews. I so did not see this coming.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• i watched Dead Poets Society. That last scene was really great. Good movie overall

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Drag Me to Hell is getting great reviews. I so did not see this coming.
                    Any movies involving gypsy curses as the focal point are bound to be smashes.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                      Sam Raimi doing a horror movie=epic win

I totally saw it coming.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• "Gamer" had a nice looking trailer

Comment

• The Back to The Future trilogy>The Star Wars saga

Yeah I said it

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                            You never saw this movie

Comment

• The Naked Gun trilogy > all others

I can't help but be intrigued by Drag Me To Hell with Raimi behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                "Gamer" had a nice looking trailer
                                It all depends on how much Michael C. Hall can carry the movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information