Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    The bad acting of Hayden Christensen really ruined it for me.

I can't believe they chose this guy for the main role, stupid decision imo.
    Pyro from X-Men auditioned for the role and didn't get it obviously. I'm not sure of his name but he would have been perfect IMO.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Aaron Stanford. Decent guy. I'm not too big on Star Wars, especially the prequels, so I can't really say. But I like Stanford himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Bottle Rocket, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, Dead Poets Society, Half Nelson, Manhattan, or Risky Business. Not sure which yet.
        which havent you seen?

Also, on all this debating: LOTR, was good but I think that the ending to the last one was the worst experience ever because I saw it in the theatres at a midnight showing. As for the recent Star Wars trilogy, outside Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, those movies were just average because Lucas cant write love dialogue and cant direct. Indiana Jones (all three) are ******* awesome, but I refuse to see the 4th. To rank them: (1) Raiders (2) Last Crusade (3) Temple

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          which havent you seen?

Also, on all this debating: LOTR, was good but I think that the ending to the last one was the worst experience ever because I saw it in the theatres at a midnight showing. As for the recent Star Wars trilogy, outside Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, those movies were just average because Lucas cant write love dialogue and cant direct. Indiana Jones (all three) are ******* awesome, but I refuse to see the 4th. To rank them: (1) Raiders (2) Last Crusade (3) Temple
          Seen them all except A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints, which I just finished. I thought it was excellent. It had magnificent cast, as much as Shia Laboeuf bothers me, the rest of the cast was incredible I thought. Even Channing Tatum was very good in his role, and thats something I never thought I would say. RDJ was, as usual, awesomeness. Great cast, good movie. Definitely worth a watch for all.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I know Terminator reviews and have been talked about quite a bit in here, but I am kind of miffed as to why so many people hate this movie.

The action is entertaining and Bale always does a great job. I think it's definitely better than 3, but not up there with T2.

Still, I went in expecting bad and left thinking "2 hours of solid enterainment"

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Seen them all except A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints, which I just finished. I thought it was excellent. It had magnificent cast, as much as Shia Laboeuf bothers me, the rest of the cast was incredible I thought. Even Channing Tatum was very good in his role, and thats something I never thought I would say. RDJ was, as usual, awesomeness. Great cast, good movie. Definitely worth a watch for all.
              To be honest, I've always had faith in Channing Tatum, he just takes **** roles that he fits. I'd never cast him in anything though

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Saw Star Trek then Angels and Demons last week. ST was awesome, great action from start to finish. A&D did not have as much puzzle solving as DaVinci Code but was still good. I think people who saw the book would not like it.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                  To be honest, I've always had faith in Channing Tatum, he just takes **** roles that he fits. I'd never cast him in anything though
                  He was quite good in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints. He had that Pitbull-esque quality about him that made him a very believable psycho. I liked him in this role alot. It made it even more awesome when Eric Roberts played the grown up version of him. They actually look quite similar.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I thought Canning and Laboeuf were really good in Reconizing Saints, but Chazz Palminteri owned that movie. He stole the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      It all depends on how much Michael C. Hall can carry the movie.
                      yea, but the idea seemed nice

Comment

• MTV was showing the newer star wars movies, the actors dont even blend in with the backgrounds. It looks terrible.

Anyway, I saw the Wrestler the other day...I thought Slumdog was better but, I still loved the Wrestler. It could have been better and really made a more poweful impression, though near the end. Mickey was fantastic, as everyone already knows already.

and oh yeah, I was bored so I watched Kung Fu Panda today. I thought it was really good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          MTV was showing the newer star wars movies, the actors dont even blend in with the backgrounds. It looks terrible.

Anyway, I saw the Wrestler the other day...I thought Slumdog was better but, I still loved the Wrestler. It could have been better, though near the end. Mickey was fantastic, as everyone already knows already.

and oh yeah, I was bored so I watched Kung Fu Panda today. I thought it was really good.
                          Kung Fu Panda rocked

Comment

• I saw Angels and Demons yesterday. It was entertaining. Not nearly as good as Da Vinci code (comparing the two stories, not the movies). It makes me kinda wanna read the book now because I read the Da Vinci code before seeing the movie, so maybe the actual story is better than presented in the movie like that. But really, the movie seems like it was forcefully made to ride the success of Da Vinci code and was just made to fast to develop any kind of strong character/story development.

Comment

• Terminator was an absolute let down. It's like they half-assed it knowing that it would sell because of Bale's success in Dark Knight as well as the name recognition. Poor script and predictable ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Drag Me to Hell is getting great reviews. I so did not see this coming.
                                Raimi or not, it looks god awful. I've been tracking it myself and I'm pretty shocked that it's 18 for 18 right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information