Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    I saw Angels and Demons yesterday. It was entertaining. Not nearly as good as Da Vinci code (comparing the two stories, not the movies). It makes me kinda wanna read the book now because I read the Da Vinci code before seeing the movie, so maybe the actual story is better than presented in the movie like that. But really, the movie seems like it was forcefully made to ride the success of Da Vinci code and was just made to fast to develop any kind of strong character/story development.
    I absolutely detest Dan Brown, and everything he has ever written. Those **** movies are just worthless extension of an already talentless hack who is the literary equivalent of the cocky guy at the bar who is just so full of **** that most of the unintelligent population of america cant help but listen to. Not to insinuate that you are unintelligent, but to put it in perspective, at the end of my University English class, my professor handed us the Da Vinci Code and told us this is how not to write. Ugh, Dan Brown.

/rant
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      I absolutely detest Dan Brown, and everything he has ever written. Those **** movies are just worthless extension of an already talentless hack who is the literary equivalent of the cocky guy at the bar who is just so full of **** that most of the unintelligent population of america cant help but listen to. Not to insinuate that you are unintelligent, but to put it in perspective, at the end of my University English class, my professor handed us the Da Vinci Code and told us this is how not to write. Ugh, Dan Brown.

/rant
      This is probably your finest moment as a poster. Well done sir.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        I know Terminator reviews and have been talked about quite a bit in here, but I am kind of miffed as to why so many people hate this movie.

The action is entertaining and Bale always does a great job. I think it's definitely better than 3, but not up there with T2.

Still, I went in expecting bad and left thinking "2 hours of solid enterainment"
        I haven't seen it yet, but I think the major reason why so many people don't like it is because the original Terminator and T2 have given this franchise such a high standard that merely "solid" will be a HUGE letdown.

Personally, I can't wait to see it and I'm not expected it to live up to those standards.

Comment

• To Kill a Mockingbird is amazing as I watch it for the 10th or so time.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              I know Terminator reviews and have been talked about quite a bit in here, but I am kind of miffed as to why so many people hate this movie.

The action is entertaining and Bale always does a great job. I think it's definitely better than 3, but not up there with T2.

Still, I went in expecting bad and left thinking "2 hours of solid enterainment"
              I'm enjoying that its sucking. :) I made a wager at the beginning of the year that Harry Potter would be the highest grossing movie of the year at 4:1 odds and at 2 1/2:1 was Terminator. The Watchmen was high as well and that didnt do well either. Looks good for me. :).....I think Terminator did bad because it only appeals to younger guys who like seeing a ton of things being blown up.

Comment

• Just saw Taken last night for the first time. To be honest I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was a cool story and you could tell the guy would stop at nothing to save his daughter.......I just didn't like how unstopable he was. The dude was a machine.

Comment

• Star Trek was ******* awesome

Comment

/rant
                    Oh agree. But the Da Vinci code story was at least entertaining and didn't have the most obvious of conclusions that even a 5 year old could figure out, like Angels and Demons. But still, I was entertained at least.

Also, what is more entertaining is to hear/see all the religious people outraged over both. Especially Angels and Demons, at least the movie, which other than the violence I don't really see the problem with.

Comment

• Watched Traffic earlier and it was good, long but good.

Comment

• Watched Little Miss Sunshine and Fanboys tonight, the latter of which I had not seen before. Thought it was pretty good. Had some funny moments for sure. And Kristen Bell should be a brunette permanently. She was actually hot in this movie.
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Seen Terminator tonight, wow... I absolutely LOVED it!

And now... I wait for "The Hangover"
                          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• The Terminator was ******* great. Those critics don't know what they're talking about.

It was the best of the franchise.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                            Originally posted by GoRavens
                            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                              The Terminator was ******* great. Those critics don't know what they're talking about.

It was the best of the franchise.
                              Since I havent seen the new one, Im not going to be the one to crucify you...but I think its very likely you will be ridiculed for this statement.

Comment

/rant
                                Agreed, big props for Perfect Score's evaluation here. I tried to read Digital Fortress last yr, got 2 chapters into it & flung it against the wall in disgust. Brown is all contrivance, I think he writes with his PC open to Wikipedia/conspiracy theories, or has the Encyclopedia Brittanica in his lap. And without the historical footnoting he is just plain dull, no style. DF is now on my pile of donations to the San Jose Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information