Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Oh agree. But the Da Vinci code story was at least entertaining and didn't have the most obvious of conclusions that even a 5 year old could figure out, like Angels and Demons. But still, I was entertained at least.

Also, what is more entertaining is to hear/see all the religious people outraged over both. Especially Angels and Demons, at least the movie, which other than the violence I don't really see the problem with.

Yeah, Dan Brown can write interesting stories but the endings always suck and are predictable. He's like a baseball team with solid starting pitching and a lousy bullpen. Dan Brown is the Cleveland Indians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Night of the Living Dead is just now starting on Encore Action(??) don't know why it's on that channel, every time I've seen it on Encore, it's been on Encore Mystery.. which is also kinda strange.

Either way, I love Night of the Living Dead. I could watch it a million times.
      Remake or original?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Remake or original?
        Original.. always original.

Comment

• I'm watching "Outbreak" right now. Great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            The Terminator would be the 1984 movie that started the franchise. That is what he is referring to.
            I was just too lazy to type Salvation. Was not talking about that movie, which is deeply flawed and third best of the franchise. It's a great idea and premise, but I would rather see it remade. It could be much better since the 80s just didn't have the kind of equipment to achieve it's desires.

T2 is really good and I love parts of it, but some of the acting is just so unbearable that I can't get over it. Great B-movie, but nothing more. If I want to watch a near perfect B-movie action flick, I'll take Predator over anything else.

T2 8/10

All the reviews and comments I've heard and read as to why the movie supposedly sucks are all ******** to me. No, it doesn't have the best plot of the franchise or the greatest story line I've ever heard. The ending is a little too perfect. Yeah, Christian Bale was in it. It was directed by McG. Most people dislike it for the dumbest reasons. McG sounded like a ********, but he made a really good action movie that had some really good action scenes and some great special effects. It seems like most people who disliked it went in knowing they were going to hate it no matter how good or bad it was because of the people who were involved. Sam Worthington was so good, that alone was worth the price of admission. He pretty much stole every scene. Christian Bale was good as always.

Terminator Salvation 9/10

Anyways, just finished watching Nothing But The Truth, and I was just incredibly impressed. If you're into political films it really doesn't get much better than this. If you like that along with some incredible writing (as good as it gets) and some really great acting from about five different leads, then you're going to love this movie. I was extremely impressed and the movie slowly just keeps pulling you in. The characters are all developed extremely well and you have all these people against each other and at each others throats with their lives falling apart because of this one newspaper story, and your torn between which people you're rooting for and which people you're not. By the end of the movie you find yourself with the same thought process as the main character and her conflictions (Beckinsale) are somehow realized by the view. The last minute of the film are not how I would have ended it and its kind of shocking who the source was, but not really in a good way. Other than the last minute its almost a perfect film. Matt Dillion, Alan Alda, David Schwimmer, and Vera Farmiga are all terrific. In the end it's Kate Beckinsale's movie and she's incredible in it. Easily her best performance.

9/10
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

I called the first negative reviwer for Up correctly!
              He won't be a reviewer or a living person much longer if I have my way.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Terminator Salvation (T4) was full of win. Just what I expected, which is good.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• The split viewed of the new Terminator movie are REALLY weird and it's not only on this board.

People either say it's terrible or great, very little gray area.

Comment

• T2 a great B MOVIE? There is so much wrong there that I don't want to start.

And I'm part of the gray area because I think T4 was pretty mediocre.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

T2 a great B MOVIE? There is so much wrong there that I don't want to start.

And I'm part of the gray area because I think T4 was pretty mediocre.
                      Yeah, I had to take my insults regarding that comment to IRC, seeing as they would get me banned from here. T2 is much more then a "great B-movie" its a ******* classic. And how is the first Terminator flawed? Its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, its a staple of the sci fi genre, loved around the world, and it turned Arnold into the star he would become and guess what? Hes the governor of a state now. How much do you wanna bet thats because he was the Terminator. Remake it? You do realize that CGI doesnt make everything better and you can have too much of it right?
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I guess I'm part of the gray area as well because I enjoyed it and had fun, but I didn't think it was great.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                          I guess I'm part of the gray area as well because I enjoyed it and had fun, but I didn't think it was great.
                          Yeah, it isn't going into my favorites and I won't go out and rent it to see it again (I'm not really a big Terminator fan), but I thought it was good. I don't think that it is 30% bad like rotten tomatoes said it would be.

I didn't come out of the movie feeling like I wasted my time, and I didn't look at my phone to check the time at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            Yeah, I had to take my insults regarding that comment to IRC, seeing as they would get me banned from here. T2 is much more then a "great B-movie" its a ******* classic. And how is the first Terminator flawed? Its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, its a staple of the sci fi genre, loved around the world, and it turned Arnold into the star he would become and guess what? Hes the governor of a state now. How much do you wanna bet thats because he was the Terminator. Remake it? You do realize that CGI doesnt make everything better and you can have too much of it right?
                            100% on rotten tomatoes? Oh, I didn't know that. I can just see the headlines:

"Daring and inventive filmmaking."

"A Sci-Fi classic."

"A landmark and monumental achievement that will influence everything that comes after, which in turn lessens the quality of the influenced movie since it wasn't the first to do this stuff even if it out-does the original, it still wont be as good because it wasn't the first, which means it copied."

CGI machines are better than the crap they used in 1984. The CGI in T2 during the opening war scene is really bad. The only thing I liked about it was how dark and bleak it looked. But the Stars Wars influenced laser guns they were using? WTF. They also had fire works exploding off people when they got shot. It was really weird looking. It looked like an 80s video game. Some Atari ****.

But watching that machine try to walk fast down the hall? Chasing two people while they limp two feet, then look back (get a close up on their petrified eyes as this machine slowly inches closer), then go back to the bad looking terminator try to walk, then the two people limp a couple more feet, look back again (another close up on even more petrified eyes since he's getting a lot closer), then look at the terminator walking again... it's just ridiculous since you get the feeling this thing can't catch them, but for the sake of the movie, he does.

It's only a B movie because its directed like one. The corny dialgoue. The corny close-ups and sound editing (How many cocks of unloaded gun being loaded are used in the first two? It has to be record setting). It's unnecessarily cheesy.

T2 is leaps and bounds better than the first, but T4 is the best. Not by much.
                            Last edited by BigBanger; 05-27-2009, 11:26 PM.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                            Originally posted by GoRavens
                            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Are there any sequels that you think are better than the orignal?

The only two I could come up with were Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. Godfather 2 over Godfather 1 is too close to call and too close to call #2 decisively better.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Fanboys. I loved the random cameos.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information