Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    Are there any sequels that you think are better than the orignal?

The only two I could come up with were Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. Godfather 2 over Godfather 1 is too close to call and too close to call #2 decisively better.
    Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, Godfather II, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead II, Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Road Warrior, The Wrath of Khan, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Aliens, Terminator 2, Bridge of Frankenstein, The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Are there any sequels that you think are better than the orignal?

The only two I could come up with were Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. Godfather 2 over Godfather 1 is too close to call and too close to call #2 decisively better.
      D2 is better than the original Mighty Ducks lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
        D2 is better than the original Mighty Ducks lol.
        Always. My friend and I have written pages upon pages on D2

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
          100% on rotten tomatoes? Oh, I didn't know that. I can just see the headlines:

"Daring and inventive filmmaking."

"A Sci-Fi classic."

"A landmark and monumental achievement that will influence everything that comes after, which in turn lessens the quality of the influenced movie since it wasn't the first to do this stuff even if it out-does the original, it still wont be as good because it wasn't the first, which means it copied."

CGI machines are better than the crap they used in 1984. The CGI in T2 during the opening war scene is really bad. The only thing I liked about it was how dark and bleak it looked. But the Stars Wars influenced laser guns they were using? WTF. They also had fire works exploding off people when they got shot. It was really weird looking. It looked like an 80s video game. Some Atari ****.

But watching that machine try to walk fast down the hall? Chasing two people while they limp two feet, then look back (get a close up on their petrified eyes as this machine slowly inches closer), then go back to the bad looking terminator try to walk, then the two people limp a couple more feet, look back again (another close up on even more petrified eyes since he's getting a lot closer), then look at the terminator walking again... it's just ridiculous since you get the feeling this thing can't catch them, but for the sake of the movie, he does.

It's only a B movie because its directed like one. The corny dialgoue. The corny close-ups and sound editing (How many cocks of unloaded gun being loaded are used in the first two? It has to be record setting). It's unnecessarily cheesy.

T2 is leaps and bounds better than the first, but T4 is the best. Not by much.

Im gunna go ahead and stick with what I said in that T2 is not a B-Movie. There may be scenes in it that seem corny and outdated now, but guess what? THEY ARE. That doesnt mean remake the film. It means when you watch it, take that into consideration, and still appreciate the film for what it is: a classic. As I said before, I havent seen the 4th Terminator film, and probably wont, but I find it very difficult to believe that after what everyone has said about it, its better then the 1st/2nd. In fact, of EVERYTHING Ive read so far, and I do read alot, you are the first person to say that it is better then either of the aforementioned. So forgive me if I use everyone else's judgement over your own. I cant critisize your saying T4 is better, because I havent seen both, but I can disagree with your criticisms of both the original. They are sci fi classics and they will forever stay that way IMO. There are some cheesy moments, yes, but thats the way it is.

Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers! And lets see here, you probably liked the new The Day the Earth Stood Still because it had amazing CGI and the old one was corny right?

Just because its newer doesnt make it better. Just because its CGI doesnt make it better.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Terminator Salvation was awesome such a great movie go see it if you have not already, i'll be the 1st to stop saying that McG is a bad director cuz that movie was ******* great

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, Godfather II, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead II, Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Road Warrior, The Wrath of Khan, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Aliens, Terminator 2, Bridge of Frankenstein, The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum...
              To be honest with you I didn't but that much thought into it. haha. Brodeur you ripped that up.

Oh, and D2 is amazing. I'm glad that its epicness is well documented on SWDC.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Im gunna go ahead and stick with what I said in that T2 is not a B-Movie. There may be scenes in it that seem corny and outdated now, but guess what? THEY ARE. That doesnt mean remake the film. It means when you watch it, take that into consideration, and still appreciate the film for what it is: a classic. As I said before, I havent seen the 4th Terminator film, and probably wont, but I find it very difficult to believe that after what everyone has said about it, its better then the 1st/2nd. In fact, of EVERYTHING Ive read so far, and I do read alot, you are the first person to say that it is better then either of the aforementioned. So forgive me if I use everyone else's judgement over your own. I cant critisize your saying T4 is better, because I havent seen both, but I can disagree with your criticisms of both the original. They are sci fi classics and they will forever stay that way IMO. There are some cheesy moments, yes, but thats the way it is.

Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers! And lets see here, you probably liked the new The Day the Earth Stood Still because it had amazing CGI and the old one was corny right?

Just because its newer doesnt make it better. Just because its CGI doesnt make it better.
                I don't care enough about T2 to further this and if you aren't going to take my recommendation on seeing it, then don't. I'm not trying to get people swarming to the theaters to see it, and if anyone or everyone thinks the first and second are the best, then that's okay with me. I went with two other people. One liked it a lot more than me (kind of a nut) and said it was better than the first but not the second and my other friend thought it was good and also thought it was the best of the franchise.

I think a lot people were expecting one thing and got another. It's very different from every other Terminator. Maybe that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I don't know. There's a ton of action, so that alone will make critics hate it.

Star Wars... overrated and really stupid looking stuffed animals on set kind of ruined my experience. It also doesn't help that the last three (which I think take place prior to the first three) look a lot better. The last three are atrocious though. Those three movies as a whole are complete and utter garbage and they should have never been made. The third, or I guess sixth, was all right. I liked some of the moments regarding Darth Vader in that movie, but the first three were the best.

2 minute mark is some sweet ****. I gotta admit.

The oldest movies were the best. Not even close and I don't think highly of the first three. I don't now which one is which, so I can't say #2 was better than #3 or #1 better than #2.

Haven't seen either of The Day the Earth Stood Still. The second one has that Reeves ******. Not watching that garbage.

The best Sci-fi movie is Solaris (2002). I'm sure most disagree. I think I was going through some personal **** and really connected with that, maybe more than any movie I've ever seen. I like that a lot.

Not really my genre though.
                Last edited by BigBanger; 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers!

hahahahahahaha

Made me laugh and is so true. T2 was an awesome movie! I feel like watching it now...

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    And Army of Darkness > Evil Dead II.

Another close call is Black Sheep over Tommy Boy. It's way too close to say which one is better, they both are amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Another close call is Black Sheep over Tommy Boy. It's way too close to say which one is better, they both are amazing.
                      Black Sheep is not a sequel to Tommy Boy. They are two completely separate movies

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        Black Sheep is not a sequel to Tommy Boy. They are two completely separate movies
                        I know.

But Chris Farley is the exact same character, so it's a popular joke to say that they are sequels.

Comment

What? They're not sequels.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I know.

But Chris Farley is the exact same character, so it's a popular joke to say that they are sequels.
                            How popular? I have never once heard anyone make that claim. That's like saying that every Jean Claude Van Dam movie is part of one giant sequel chain

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              How popular? I have never once heard anyone make that claim. That's like saying that every Jean Claude Van Dam movie is part of one giant sequel chain
                              I guess just around here, because I've heard it since the movies came out and even when I was in Iowa at school.

Either way, I was kidding about them being sequels and trying to make a joke. Still, both are classics.

Comment

NO!!!

A million times no!

Evil Dead 2 is infinity times better than Army of Darkness. AOD is in fact my least favorite of the "Evil Dead" movies. Not much of a fan of it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information