X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    NO!!!

A million times no!

Evil Dead 2 is infinity times better than Army of Darkness. AOD is in fact my least favorite of the "Evil Dead" movies. Not much of a fan of it at all.
    This is madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      This is madness.
      No. This is...

a discussion?

(See what I did there?)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Liking Evil Dead II more makes total sense, but not even liking Army of Darkness is completely out of line.

Comment

• I'm not even sure what metric one would apply to judging those movies in terms of quality, much less in what world Army of Darkness wouldn't be a very fun movie.

Comment

• felt like watching this movie:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Anyone else seen the movie Special? At first I was a little turned off that it wasn't about handicap children, but in the end I really loved this movie and would like to recommend it to all...It's about a guy named Les(Michael Rappaport) who has a ****** life and agrees to participate in a clinical trial of some new anti-depressents. Taking the pills makes him think he is developing super powers and he decides to become a super hero to protect the city...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                No. This is...

a discussion?

(See what I did there?)
                SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                  Anyone else seen the movie Special? At first I was a little turned off that it wasn't about handicap children, but in the end I really loved this movie and would like to recommend it to all...It's about a guy named Les(Michael Rappaport) who has a ****** life and agrees to participate in a clinical trial of some new anti-depressents. Taking the pills makes him think he is developing super powers and he decides to become a super hero to protect the city...
                  sounds interesting. is it a comedy? i really hope not.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• The King (2006) was a pretty solid movie. Very small and stripped down (I think it's an Indie... felt like one anyway). William Hurt was great and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors and this might have been his best performance that I've seen. Truly a great performance as this born again Christian turned pastor struggling to confront his past sins. He has an illegitimate child named Elvis (Gael García Bernal) and we follow him around as he just leaves the navy. He's a loner that literally talks to one friend before leaving the navy and then he has little communication with anyone his own age. He's more of a loner than Travis Bickle. The first half is really good as it leads up to this ever clear ominous gloom. The pacing is slow and deliberate. He meets his half sister played incredibly well by Pell James and he seduces her and ends up banging his sister knowing she's his sister, but she doesn't know he's his brother. This is one of the rare films where they portray a teenage girl without any of those ******** stereotypes. She's dumb and makes stupid decisions and it feels completely real. After that Elvis becomes involved with the family and the movie really turns around and goes down a very dark road. It's very similar to Down in the Valley, which is a Taxi Driver knock off. With that said it's also incredibly original (Mostly because of the unconventional characters) and I found it very unpredictable, but not really in a good way. The characters make some really stupid decisions and how Elvis becomes involved with Hurts family is just kind of stupid. It feels a little too forced. You think no one in their right mind would do the things these people are doing, so you really have no idea what could happen since the writer seems to break all the rules. It was written by the same guy that wrote Monster's Ball, which is ten times the film this is, but this is pretty solid in its own right.

Bernal gives a really cold performance. He's neither likable and surprisingly unlikable. He's just kind of there going about his business. Even though from a violence standpoint you kind of know where the movie is going to go it still shocks you when it unfolds, and a lot of that might have to do with Bernal and his nearly expressionless performance. It is a violent movie and the violence is sudden, quick and completely unexplained. It leaves you asking a ton of questions. It has a great deal to do with religion and God and there's a ton of symbolism there (God - King of Kings, the lead character is called Elvis... The King... kind of pretentious stuff to be honest). Paul Dano is also in it and he's his weird little self and he plays the role as he would any other role.

7/10
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                    Originally posted by GoRavens
                    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                      The King (2006) was a pretty solid movie. Very small and stripped down (I think it's an Indie... felt like one anyway). William Hurt was great and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors and this might have been his best performance that I've seen. Truly a great performance as this born again Christian turned pastor struggling to confront his past sins. He has an illegitimate child named Elvis (Gael García Bernal) and we follow him around as he just leaves the navy. He's a loner that literally talks to one friend before leaving the navy and then he has little communication with anyone his own age. He's more of a loner than Travis Bickle. The first half is really good as it leads up to this ever clear ominous gloom. The pacing is slow and deliberate. He meets his half sister played incredibly well by Pell James and he seduces her and ends up banging his sister knowing she's his sister, but she doesn't know he's his brother. This is one of the rare films where they portray a teenage girl without any of those ******** stereotypes. She's dumb and makes stupid decisions and it feels completely real. After that Elvis becomes involved with the family and the movie really turns around and goes down a very dark road. It's very similar to Down in the Valley, which is a Taxi Driver knock off. With that said it's also incredibly original (Mostly because of the unconventional characters) and I found it very unpredictable, but not really in a good way. The characters make some really stupid decisions and how Elvis becomes involved with Hurts family is just kind of stupid. It feels a little too forced. You think no one in their right mind would do the things these people are doing, so you really have no idea what could happen since the writer seems to break all the rules. It was written by the same guy that wrote Monster's Ball, which is ten times the film this is, but this is pretty solid in its own right.

Bernal gives a really cold performance. He's neither likable and surprisingly unlikable. He's just kind of there going about his business. Even though from a violence standpoint you kind of know where the movie is going to go it still shocks you when it unfolds, and a lot of that might have to do with Bernal and his nearly expressionless performance. It is a violent movie and the violence is sudden, quick and completely unexplained. It leaves you asking a ton of questions. It has a great deal to do with religion and God and there's a ton of symbolism there (God - King of Kings, the lead character is called Elvis... The King... kind of pretentious stuff to be honest). Paul Dano is also in it and he's his weird little self and he plays the role as he would any other role.

7/10
                      Gael Garcia Bernal is one of the best actors you've never heard of. He is awesome in everything he does. I loved him that Michel Gondry film that he did. Science of Sleep?
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                        sounds interesting. is it a comedy? i really hope not.
                        Nope not a comedy though some comical things happen...I guess it would be classified more as a drama maybe? not quite sure but a very good movie with a positive message which usually strikes me as corny but I just didn't feel that way the way they went about it.

Comment

• Just watched into the wild, it was a pretty good film. I've become pretty interested in all things Chris McCandless, I also watched the channel 6 documentary on him.

Comment

• I saw a preview of the upcoming Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey Jr. in the title role & Jude Law as sidekick Dr. Watson set in Edwardian London. Downey plays a drug-addicted, morally depraved Holmes, still can't come close to the actor's former personal life in terms of depravity, have to hand it to him to use that to launch his post-addict film career to new heights of brilliant performances ... anybody else catch that take on Downey in the line "That's not the worst thing you've caught me doin'" in Iron Man? That would have been wasted on any other actor in that context.

And Jude Law is somehow better in a supporting role than as a headliner, see his performances as the murder victim (briefly) in Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil & the rogue robot in the otherwise awful Spielberg dud A.I..... I'm digressing here but did anybody else notice that all Spielberg's films with acronym titles like A.I. & ET are guaranteed to suck?

I can't wait for this one, I'm a sucker for all things Sherlock Holmesian, this film looks like it has deep roots all the way back to the 1976 7% Solution.

Here's a trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...holmes/trailer

Comment

• has anyone seen jcvd? i thought it looked good

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                                has anyone seen jcvd? i thought it looked good
                                I want to see it so bad but can't convince my wife that we should rent it. I have however rented Bride Wars twice this month after seeing it in theaters opening weekend :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information