No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP compared to Wall-E. Which is better?

Comment

• I dont know if it's been brought up recently but, I remember I talked about it some time ago. The cast of Chris Nolan's "Inception" just looks bad ass now...it has since rounded out since my last post. (Dicaprio/Page)

Now it's looking like...Leo Dicapio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Marion Cotillard, Michael Caine, and Ken Watanabe. All in a sci-fi thriller...written/directed by Nolan.

Sounds amazing and that cast is so full of win. Seriously...Dicaprio, Gordon-Levitt, Murphy, Caine. Sweetness.

edit...James Franco was Nolan's original choice but, JGL is better actor anyway.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-31-2009, 10:29 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I dont know if it's been brought up recently but, I remember I talked about it some time ago. The cast of Chris Nolan's "Inception" just looks bad ass now...it has since rounded out since my last post. (Dicaprio/Page)

Now it's looking like...Leo Dicapio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Marion Cotillard, Michael Caine, and Ken Watanabe. All in a sci-fi thriller...written/directed by Nolan.

Sounds amazing and that cast is so full of win. Seriously...Dicaprio, Gordon-Levitt, Murphy, Caine. Sweetness.

edit...James Franco was Nolan's original choice but, JGL is better actor anyway.
        Ive been following this very closely. Amazing cast. Im a huge fan of JGL and especially Cotillard, I dont think she can do any wrong. Everywhere I try to find info about this, all it says is a sci fi thriller set within the mind or something similar. I am very very curious as to what the Nolan brothers punch out this time. Last time they were on a kick like this, we got Memento. One can only hope this is something of similar quality.

I spent some time this morning on Apple watching trailers, and there are some quality flicks coming out. Away We Go has an awesome trailer and I highly anticipate it, The Hangover looks amazing, and Im not ashamed to say Im really looking forward to Nine, the musical starring Daniel Day Lewis. I have a soft spot for some musicals (not the Mamma Mia/Hairspray kind, but the Singing in the Rain kind, Gene Kelly is all kinds of awesome) and it has a wicked cast. Public Enemies may be my most anticipated movie of the summer. Im very excited for the upcoming crop of films.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          You underestimate Sam Raimi. The man can do no wrong (Spiderman 3 not included in the previous statement).
          The Gift says hello.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I spent some time this morning on. Apple watching trailers, and there are some quality flicks coming out. Away We Go has an awesome trailer and I highly anticipate it, The Hangover looks amazing, and Im not ashamed to say Im really looking forward to Nine, the musical starring Daniel Day Lewis. I have a soft spot for some musicals (not the Mamma Mia/Hairspray kind, but the Singing in the Rain kind, Gene Kelly is all kinds of awesome) and it has a wicked cast. Public Enemies may be my most anticipated movie of the summer. Im very excited for the upcoming crop of films.
            The Boat That Rocked looks amazing. Talk about an actor not doing any wrong... Philip Seymour Hoffman is that dude. I really don't think I've seen an average performance from him let alone a bad one. He's either good or great. I still haven't got around to seeing Doubt and he looked amazing in that. Everybody did. I will be watching it soon.

Nolan' cast looks amazing, but Scorsese kills that...

DDL
            Benico Del Toro
            Gael García Bernal

Those are three headliners for Silence. He's got Shutter Island coming out next year and since the book was written Dennis Lehane who also wrote Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone, you know it's going to have a great story, then you add Marty directing... masterpiece.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Just got home from seeing Star Trek. Amazing. The story was fantastic, and the movie was full of great action with some good comedy bits put in randomly. Abrams really impressed me with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                The Gift says hello.
                We saw Katie Holmes topless in The Gift though...that alone proves that Raimi can indeed do no wrong.

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                The Boat That Rocked looks amazing. Talk about an actor not doing any wrong... Philip Seymour Hoffman is that dude. I really don't think I've seen an average performance from him let alone a bad one. He's either good or great. I still haven't got around to seeing Doubt and he looked amazing in that. Everybody did. I will be watching it soon.

Nolan' cast looks amazing, but Scorsese kills that...

DDL
                Benico Del Toro
                Gael García Bernal

Those are three headliners for Silence. He's got Shutter Island coming out next year and since the book was written Dennis Lehane who also wrote Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone, you know it's going to have a great story, then you add Marty directing... masterpiece.
                The Boat That Rocked is another one that had a great trailer. PSH is one of the best actors of this generation. I love the guy. The Savages is one of my favorite movies to come out in the last few years, and Synecdoche New York was my favorite film from last year. PSH is greatness.

And yes, Silence has a good cast atm. I cant say Im completely in love or entirely entrigued with the premise, but you have to at least appreciate the casting. And its hard to bet against Scorsese.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I bought Ghost Town and Max Payne today. Max Payne will surely suck but, being a fan of the series and Wahlberg, I was def. going to get it eventually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I bought Ghost Town and Max Payne today. Max Payne will surely suck but, being a fan of the series and Wahlberg, I was def. going to get it eventually.
                    Max Payne was one of the worse movies Ive seen over the past few years. I am completely in love with Mila Kunis, but she was one of the worst casts Ive ever seen. You will see the ending coming a mile away, and it had some cool effects and CGI, but I wouldnt call what Mark Wahlberg does acting. Which pains me to say, because I love me some Marky Mark.

Comment

• Max Payne was underwhelming, even with all the cool visuals.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        UP compared to Wall-E. Which is better?
                        I would probably go with UP on that one. It was funny and sad during parts as well. I thought it was a really good movie. Plus its in 3D as well.

Comment

• Wowza.....

Twilight just beat out The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Slumdog Millionaire for best movie at the MTV movie awards. I now realize how brain dead most of the people who work and watch this channel are.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Wowza.....

Twilight just beat out The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Slumdog Millionaire for best movie at the MTV movie awards. I now realize how brain dead most of the people who work and watch this channel are.
                            It's really not that surprising (like I even care). What's interesting though is that "Bruno" (Sasha Baron Cohen) teabagged Eminem.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's just me being from Michigan, but every time I see 'UP', I think Upper Peninsula.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                Wowza.....

Zac Effron won a award. I doubt even the actors take it that seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information