Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    Don't talk **** about Hellraiser!!!
    The scene: Your boy Lizard, wiped out on the downstairs couch ****** up on prednisone for the killer flu in the Orange County condo, rainy season, 1990.

The movie: Hellraiser II, 9 PM - 11, followed by the original Hellraiser, 11 to 1 AM. The prednisone kept me awake, I'd never seen any Hellraiser before so I watched them both, & oh my ******* God!!!!

I've never been so scared, dying of the flu seemed like euthanasia by comparison. The fever dreams of Pinhead & the Cenobites that followed when I finally got to sleep a day later were worse than the film.....the following Hellraisers were really kind of lukewarm by comparison.

British horror, especially the very g*y Clive Barker with all the S&M leather torture paraphernalia in the Hellraiser films, is always scarier than garden variety slasher flick horror. I can honestly say the Hellraiser films scared me worse than any film since the scariest of them all, the original Ridley Scott 1979 Alien.

Ridley Scott is btw an authentic directing genius, oh wait, he's British too....

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      bound to be the worst movie of the year. SNL has been unwatchable for like 6 years at least.
      I completely disagree. The cast gets a lot of hate but, SNL still had many hilarious moments over the years. I cant really speak for lately but, the last few years, the cast has been very good. Forte, Hader, Armisen, Meyers, Poehler, Fey, Wiig, Samberg, Kenan. They're all hilarious. The cast has been greatly underrated by those that dont even watch them. A lot of them are making successful transitions into film. Forte and Hader are by far my favorites.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I completely disagree. The cast gets a lot of hate but, SNL still had many hilarious moments over the years. I cant really speak for lately but, the last few years, the cast has been very good. Forte, Hader, Armisen, Meyers, Poehler, Fey, Wiig, Samberg, Kenan. They're all hilarious. The cast has been greatly underrated by those that dont even watch them. A lot of them are making successful transitions into film. Forte and Hader are by far my favorites.
        I love Forte, Hader, and Samberg as well. I think SNL has been the best since the days of Will Ferrell.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Dammit. David Carradine died, apparently he killed himself.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=412683&GT1=28103

He was awesome in Kill Bill and Death Race 2000.. the only movies I actually saw of his, besides Crank 2. He's been in a ton of movies though. Sucks, RIP.

Comment

Dammit. David Carradine died, apparently he killed himself.

He was awesome in Kill Bill and Death Race 2000.. the only movies I actually saw of his, besides Crank 2. He's been in a ton of movies though. Sucks, RIP.
            And he was Cain in the epic 70s ABC series Kung Fu, it made the "ahhh, Grasshopper ..." intro address a cultural landmark. Hell, the Carradines are a dynasty, he was the oldest, younger brother #1 Keith became a star with Robert Altman's Nashville & #2 brother starred in Nerds. The whole 70s & early 80s filmdom is Carradines-studded....John, the father, played Dracula once in the 40s & was the gambler in the original Stagecoach. David had a fascinating biog, Barbara Hershey's original Topanga Cyn. commune lover, they were Mr. & Mrs. Show Business Counterculture in the early 70s & I think had an child together without marriage when that was still bad publicity for actors.

Shame David never relived the fame & fortune of the TV series & had a disappointing film career. I remember Death Race, too bad it wasn't much more than a cult film at the time. Both Kill Bills were mediocre Tarantino IMO, I think Quinton's had his 15 mins, stick a fork in him.....I'll cite Grindhouse as evidence, half of it was execrable.

RIP, David Carradine.

Comment

• Just saw Death at a Funeral for the first time last night. What a great movie, I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Dammit. David Carradine died, apparently he killed himself.

Rumours Carradine died attempting auto-erotic asphyxiation - where victims achieve heightened sexual pleasure by restricting their air supply - are backed up by a quote a Bangkok police officer gave to British newspaper The Sun.

The cop tells reporters, "A rope was attached to his neck and also to his *****".
                Uhh.....yeaaaah.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Wow, what a way to go. eww.

Um yeah, I watched Max Payne. Awwffffffffffful. It was nothing like Max Payne it was a freaking talky with minimal action. It actually started alright with Max going into his deep dark poetry. haha. But that was the beginning and end of that. That was not a Max Payne movie at all. The plot was all over the place...talk about giant miscasts for Max and Mona and Mona's character was so underdeveloped it was hilarious. She was barely on screen but, that might have been a good thing. So bad.

As far as visuals are concerned...there actually were more than a few nice shots but, the director didnt have anything at all to work with. Not in the slightest.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-04-2009, 07:45 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Major Payne > Max Payne

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Wow, what a way to go. eww.

Um yeah, I watched Max Payne. Awwffffffffffful. It was nothing like Max Payne it was a freaking talky with minimal action. It actually started alright with Max going into his deep dark poetry. haha. But that was the beginning and end of that. That was not a Max Payne movie at all. The plot was all over the place...talk about giant miscasts for Max and Mona and Mona's character was so underdeveloped it was hilarious. She was barely on screen but, that might have been a good thing. So bad.

As far as visuals are concerned...there actually were more than a few nice shots but, the director didnt have anything at all to work with. Not in the slightest.

I hate to say I told you so.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Opinions on Benjamin Button?
                        Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                          Opinions on Benjamin Button?
                          Highly overrated. Shouldn't make biopics where absolutely nothing interesting at all happens to the central character besides a gimmick of aging backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Highly overrated. Shouldn't make biopics where absolutely nothing interesting at all happens to the central character besides a gimmick of aging backwards.
                            I didnt read any reviews of it, but didn't it win some awards or at least was up for some? I didn't think it was particularly great (way too long and drawn out, tons of contrived writing, etc.). It was interesting, but I expected better from Fincher.
                            Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              You're just asking aps to type up a storm on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Uhh.....yeaaaah.
                                That's how Willie Nelson's son went out.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information