Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
    Im pretty frickin pissed. Me and this girl that I like wanted to watch Juno, but its not playing in this city.

****** A.
    llook for screenings.

and ****** A means ******* amazing.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Just got The Prestige and Cinderella Man, both movies I've yet to see. Even though TNT has been playing the hell out of the Cinderella man lately.

And I was under the impression F****** A meant, F****** Ass. Just a random obscenity to show your displeasure. That's how I've been using it for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Just got The Prestige and Cinderella Man, both movies I've yet to see. Even though TNT has been playing the hell out of the Cinderella man lately.

And I was under the impression F****** A meant, F****** Ass. Just a random obscenity to show your displeasure. That's how I've been using it for years.
        The Prestige was disappointing.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          llook for screenings.

and ****** A means ******* amazing.
          Or awesome, however your vocabulary is.

Comment

• The closest place its playing is in Sacremento, which is like 20 minutes out. But I dont have my car up here. Ill just have to wait til i get back to San Jose I guess...

Ill have to watch American Gangster then too. And I am Legend.

I cant wait for ****ing finals to be over.

And ****** a stands for ******* asshole. at least, where I come from.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Anyone else gonna see I Am Legend in Imax just to see the first 5 minutes of The Dark Knight

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                The Prestige was disappointing.
                yeah i had heard such great things, but it really was not that great. you would think the combo of jackman and bale would make it great, but i thought it there was little character development and the story was kind of repetitive. one revenge/magic sabotaging after another

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I dont have an IMAX theatre anywhere remotely close to where i live. yall are lucky.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• I recently watch the movies Amadeus (About Mozart) and Immortal Beloved (About Beethoven). Both are incredible movies.

In Immortal beloved, there's this scene, where his potential wife is trying to find out if he can still produce music since he's deaf, because her father won't let them mary if he can't make money off his music, so they spy on him playing piano, and it's a fantastic scene. This version is in French, but it makes no difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlk4neUeylo
                    Last edited by Staubach12; 12-09-2007, 11:42 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I dont have an IMAX theatre anywhere remotely close to where i live. yall are lucky.
                      Ya same with me... i live pretty far from any good theaters...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• revolver finally opened here in the us in independent theatres. if you have an independent theatre near you go see this movie. seriously. it is a guy ritchie film that was released in 2005 in Europe. its pretty complicated but its incredible.

Comment

• I ended up really liking the prestige. It was amazing. Christian Bale was great in it. I really thought I had the ending figured out 3/4 of the way through, I thought I got the twist. But the ending it did surprise me. Great great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                            yeah i had heard such great things, but it really was not that great. you would think the combo of jackman and bale would make it great, but i thought it there was little character development and the story was kind of repetitive. one revenge/magic sabotaging after another
                            I agree, when going to blockbuster, i asked what the magic movie that came out during the same time as the illusionist and the guy said it was vastly superior. However, the Illusionist is such a great movie, one of my recent favorites. The prestige fails in that firstly, it doesn't make you question whether the trick is real as the illusionist often does, if only for a second. Secondly, The ending of the prestige is so unsatisfying, i wont go into detail, but it really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                              I agree, when going to blockbuster, i asked what the magic movie that came out during the same time as the illusionist and the guy said it was vastly superior. However, the Illusionist is such a great movie, one of my recent favorites. The prestige fails in that firstly, it doesn't make you question whether the trick is real as the illusionist often does, if only for a second. Secondly, The ending of the prestige is so unsatisfying, i wont go into detail, but it really is.
                              Thank you, I was trying to figure out the the name of that move, The Illusionist. I need to check that out.

Comment

• I rented Superbad. 3rd time i've seen it and it's still hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information