No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazed and saw the midnight showing of The Hangover and I lol'ed quite a bit

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      Blazed and saw the midnight showing of The Hangover and I lol'ed quite a bit
      Was going to tonight, but I am doing this tomorrow. Fo sho.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
        Blazed and saw the midnight showing of The Hangover and I lol'ed quite a bit
        Ha nice. Can't wait to see the movie!

Comment

• Was also blazed and it is definitely one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. A must see!! (The Hangover)

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I hate to say I told you so.
            I knew it would be bad...but, I was going to buy it regardless because of my Max fandom.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Saw Say Anything tonight......Might be a chick flick but I don't care, John Cusack is the man.

Comment

• Just got Snatch from redbox the other night...and its not going back, so basically I have it on lay-a-way...watched it 3 times so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Highly overrated. Shouldn't make biopics where absolutely nothing interesting at all happens to the central character besides a gimmick of aging backwards.
                  I loved the movie, and in my opinion, that was the point. He was an extremely average character who something extraordinary happens to. I liked the fact that he wasnt a complex character; to me, the simplicity of the character made the movie.

I really enjoyed it, and I had it as the 2nd best movie of the year last year, behind Synecdoche, New York.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    That's how Willie Nelson's son went out.

Also how Michael Hutchence, frontman for INXS went out. Found in an Australian hotel room with the ropes attached in the early 90s.

If true for Carradine, it could be a sad, bad trend.

Comment

• Alright, my friend hooked me up with a 1 month trail membership of netflix, and I have been going crazy with the watch movies instantly. I had my girlfriend over yesterday, so the first two movies may sound like odd reviews:

Corpse Bride: Typical Tim Burton, but I am a fan of these types of movies. Good visuals, and voice work. Sounds were alright, real short movie, story was ok i would say, because by the quarter-midway point you knew what was going to happen

Made of Honor: My gf picked this one, short short review. She enjoyed it, I thought it was a typical chick flick. Some funny scenes though, if your girl wants to watch a romance flick with you, you can't go bad with this.

Domino: really really weird ass film, story is all over the place, characters are given a modest backstory, hey you get to see keira knightley topless, camera work is also kinda hectic, action scenes were good, acting was also modest i would say

EDIT: I'm going to try to catch Pan's Labrynth today, since that was a movie I have been wanting to see.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        I loved the movie, and in my opinion, that was the point. He was an extremely average character who something extraordinary happens to. I liked the fact that he wasnt a complex character; to me, the simplicity of the character made the movie.

I really enjoyed it, and I had it as the 2nd best movie of the year last year, behind Synecdoche, New York.
                        Yea but they could have explored some of the interesting things that would happen to someone like that, but they choose not to for some reason. Why not show what it's like to have a teenagers perfect body and face but the wisdom of a 70 year old man? Especially if he is going to be a greedy asshole and leave his wife and child to "travel" because he may die in 15 years or whatever it was.

Comment

Yea but they could have explored some of the interesting things that would happen to someone like that, but they choose not to for some reason. Why not show what it's like to have a teenagers perfect body and face but the wisdom of a 70 year old man? Especially if he is going to be a greedy asshole and leave his wife and child to "travel" because he may die in 15 years or whatever it was.
                          lol He left them because he realized he couldn't raise a child with his condition and it wouldn't be fair to his wife to have to look after the both of them. You're making him out to be selfish when in fact what he did was the opposite.

Comment

And it was already almost 3 hrs. If you wanted them to explore into the life of Button when he was a 16 yr old body and 70 yr old man, that would have made it almost unbearabely long and would have deterred a lot of people from actually going and seeing the movie.
                            Last edited by terribletowel39; 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                              lol He left them because he realized he couldn't raise a child with his condition and it wouldn't be fair to his wife to have to look after the both of them. You're making him out to be selfish when in fact what he did was the opposite.
                              ********. If you had a cancer that said you were going to die within...15 years (again, whatever the number is, I think it was probably closer to 20), the first few years you'd be perfectly healthy but the last few years you would most likely be a useless vegetable, you're telling me the non selfish thing to do is leave your new born baby and wife?

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                                And it was already almost 3 hrs. If you wanted them to explore into the life of Buttons when he was a 16 yr old body and 70 yr old man, that would have made it almost unbearable long and would have deterred a lot of people from actually going and seeing the movie.
                                They should have fixed that within editing and actually explore parts of his life where something happens, instead of spending three hours on stuff that happens in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information