No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw "The Hangover" last night. Stupid humor, but lots of it. I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      Story >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Action
      i actually like to use my brain
      You have a brain?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Ah c'mon. Sometimes guys just wanna see **** get blown up. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• Marisa Tomei is so for the win.

The Wrestler was good, I just dislike those types of endings.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Team America still makes me LOL.

"Team America **** YEAH! So lick my butt, and suck on my balls!"

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              I could see Timberlake in that role.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                You have a brain?
                actually three

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
                  btw i saw terminater last night (ive been putting it off). i dont know why evreyone said it sucked i really enjoyed it. there was more action than there was story, but whats wrong with that? definately 2 hours of entertainment.
                  I didn't think the action was that great to be honest.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Such a good movie

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Watched a few movies last night.

Jaws was the first during the day, and I think this was the first time I actually watched the movie from start to finish. Anyway, it's simply a great movie. A ******* classic. One of Spielberg's top 5, maybe top 3. I haven't seen it in a long time and I'v always watched it when it was on TV and I was fairly young, so it was good to finally watch it without interruption. I didn't realize just how damn good Robert Shaw was in that. His death scene and his face in that scene is one of the most vivid death scenes I can ever remember. Just so damn realistic looking. There are a few things here and there (imperfections) that kind of annoyed me like some of the smaller roles actors just being completely butchered by never-before actors. Some of the writing was also a bit cheesy (Just a few lines here and there). Overall, one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen and one of the great suspense films. One of my favorite scenes in any movie I've ever seen:

10/10

Then I saw the movie everyone is talking about, The Hangover, and I was shocked in just how non-lol it was. Did I laugh? Yeah, about three times. Two of those LOLs came in the first five minutes and the last five minutes, so there was a lot of downtime during the movie where I didn't laugh at all. It was kind of a stupid comedy with some sick **** like a really, old fat guys ass and a one of the characters getting a BJ. I don't know, but jokes like that got old a long time ago. It's just gross and not funny anymore. Zach Galifianakis was in all three LOL moments. When he was getting his inseam measured and his subsequent reaction had me laughing the hardest, and this came like two minutes into the movie. The next laugh came around the 30 minute mark where Galifianakis simulated the act of an infant playing with himself. Then the pictures at the end got a good laugh. Other than that I was constantly waiting for the movie to get funny since everyone was talking about this as "one of the best comedies of the last few years." Ever since Knocked Up and the ******** apprasial that got, I kind of stopped watching comedies (didn't see many from last year, but Gran Torino was the funniest movie of the year. The only problem is that its considered a drama...). It felt incredibly long. The girl I was with said it was too long and for an hour 40 minute movie... that's not a good sign. I don't think Bradly Cooper made me even crack a smile once. He was just worthless. The guy with the missing tooth hardly got a reaction from me. Overall a pretty bad movie and very disappointing. Look a chicken in the motel room... funny. A tiger too. Even funnier. Mike Tyson punching someone in the face...

4/10

Then I watched 88 Minutes. I honestly laughed out loud at this movie as much as I did with The Hangover. This was ******* awful. I figured out the killer without even trying. I really wasn't paying much attention for the first ten minutes and still picked the killer out of the crowd in pretty much the first scene the killer was in. It was obvious to a person who wasn't even paying attention. Al Pacino... I don't even know what to say. I was laughing at his hair throughout the movie. He had this breakdown scene and I was laughing at it, maybe because it was terrible acting or because they stopped while getting chased, shot out and had **** blowing up to have a moment of RR. He was so lethargic and passive and came off as extremely disinterested. Worst Pacino movie and by far the worst Pacino performance.

0/10

I also caught the last half of Superbad. Another overrated comedy, but Seth Rogan and the SNL guy were funny as the two cops. They did have me cracking up. Looked alright, but the kids in the movie didn't really have me laughing. I don't think I'll probably ever watch it from start to finish.
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                      Originally posted by GoRavens
                      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Superbad was overrated I agree and 88 Minutes was horrible horrible cinema

Comment

• Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.

Comment

• Jaws will never die!

Jaws was the first during the day, and I think this was the first time I actually watched the movie from start to finish. Anyway, it's simply a great movie. A ******* classic. One of Spielberg's top 5, maybe top 3. I haven't seen it in a long time and I'v always watched it when it was on TV and I was fairly young, so it was good to finally watch it without interruption. I didn't realize just how damn good Robert Shaw was in that. His death scene and his face in that scene is one of the most vivid death scenes I can ever remember. Just so damn realistic looking. There are a few things here and there (imperfections) that kind of annoyed me like some of the smaller roles actors just being completely butchered by never-before actors. Some of the writing was also a bit cheesy (Just a few lines here and there). Overall, one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen and one of the great suspense films.
                            "We're gonna need a bigger boat!!"

I still remember jumping out of my seat in the theater when the mechanical shark broke the surface of the water for the 1st time just before Roy Scheider said that immortal line. Spielberg timed it just right, the masterwork of his young directing career, note you never saw the business end of the shark with those rows of teeth until then. There were shots from the shark's perspective & shots from a long distance of a robot shark, but once you see him head on you'll never forget it b/c the camera was photographing something that tapped into the worst primordial terrors. That setup of scene by scene development by revealing the monster in segments to maximize suspense influenced Ridley Scott in the original Alien 4 yrs. later & many others.

Jaws set all kinds of precedents, besides it was the 1st summer blockbuster film timed to release after Memorial Day in 1975. Spielberg did a superlative job with that mechanical shark & other FX that are primitive compared with today's CGI. Parts of it were cheesy, true, but it was low budget adventure/action film that the studio suits never expected to make much $.

Much great filmdom lore about the making of Jaws: It was almost never made b/c they had lots of problems selling a film based on Benchley's novel that originated as a story in Argosy magazine in 1973 to the studio moguls. And yeah, Robert Shaw stole the whole show as Quint, did you know he was ragged on by the whole production crew & cast for showing up for shooting most of the time sh*tfaced & belligerent, obnoxiously drunk? Shaw was a hardcore Irish drunk with a hollow leg & maybe a leather liver too. And when they finished a long hard filming in the cold Atlantic off Martha's Vineyard, MA, Speilberg, Scheider, Richard Dreyfus & screenwriter John Milius went out & got drunk to celebrate, then got the idea of taking a promo pic with all of them in the mouth of the mechanical shark. So they did it, but Milius broke the shark b/c he was (still is) a big fat guy, then they all ran out of the warehouse giggling like a bunch of 14-yr-olds. True story. It affected everyone associated it with for life too -- All the principal cast members grew to hate the film later, everywhere they went after 1975, people came up to them in public & started humming those 1st 8 bars to the Jaws theme by John Williams. A close friend sat next to Scheider on a NYC to SF cross country redeye flt. once & he told him that swimming anywhere, even in a pool, was just never the same for him after Jaws.

All the Jaws sequels sucked BTW IMO, even the one with the late great Roy Scheider.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                              Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.
                              Doesn't look at all good to me. It just looks like another Tony Scott movie where his overkill style of edits and images is accompanied by Denzel screaming. Seen one, seen'em all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.
                                remake of a 70s cult classic. Probably not a great movie but probably is pretty entertaining. Nothing I'd consider going to see in the theatre.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information