Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    Hats off please and a moment of silence for the 20th anniversary of the 1st "Major League" movie.
    Major League is classic & top shelf sports film. As a pro sports comedy it's right up there with Slapshot. BTW, The Program is an amateur sports comedy film, but unintentionally....

Bob Uecker as the drunk announcer stole the show, should've had an Oscar noimination. Disclaimer: I'm paraphrasing film dialog here.

Uecker: (takes drink from Jack Black bottle in brown paper bag) Here comes Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn to the mound. Vaughn is a juvenile delinquent in the offseason.....

(Pitch thrown, batter swings, HR out of the park)

Uecker: Damn! That one is OFF THE RESERVATION!

Other announcer (puts hand over mike): You can't say 'Damn!'

Uecker: Who cares? No one's listening anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Major League is classic & top shelf sports film. As a pro sports comedy it's right up there with Slapshot. BTW, The Program is an amateur sports comedy film, but unintentionally....

Bob Uecker as the drunk announcer stole the show, should've had an Oscar noimination. Disclaimer: I'm paraphrasing film dialog here.

Uecker: (takes drink from Jack Black bottle in brown paper bag) Here comes Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn to the mound. Vaughn is a juvenile delinquent in the offseason.....

(Pitch thrown, batter swings, HR out of the park)

Uecker: Damn! That one is OFF THE RESERVATION!

Other announcer (puts hand over mike): You can't say 'Damn!'

Uecker: Who cares? No one's listening anyway.

The reason I caught that it was the anniversary is because Ueck tossed the 1st pitch at the Brewers/Indians game last night.

He bounced the pitch a bit short but all I wanted to yell was, "Jusssst a bit outside"

Classic.

Comment

• Saw twilight last night finally. I guess just to see it. Havent read the books but the movie was very boring to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
          Saw twilight last night finally. I guess just to see it. Havent read the books but the movie was very boring to me.
          Do you have to buy a training bra to go our just put your nuts in a purse?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
            Do you have to buy a training bra to go our just put your nuts in a purse?
            I should have expected it too be that lame, but idk i tought i may as well see it. I regret it

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              Hats off please and a moment of silence for the 20th anniversary of the 1st "Major League" movie.
              "Juuuuust a bit outside."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• "One hit?...One damn hit?"

"I ask Jopu to come. Take fear from bats."

Indians fans use quotes from that movie all the freakin' time, thank you movie gods.

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
                  I should have expected it too be that lame, but idk i tought i may as well see it. I regret it
                  Why would you choose to see it? It's targeted at preteen girls and unless I'm getting guaranteed puss, I won't ever watch that movie.

Comment

• Idk why. Like i said i regret it.

BTW are you saying jesus christ cant hit a curveball

Comment

• "Here is the whole chicken you wanted Cerrano"

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        PSH>>>>DDL in the battle of the 3 letter acronyms/actors
                        Could you make an argument the Phillip Seymour Hoffman is better than Daniel Day-Lewis? Maybe. But to say he is clearly a way better actor is redonkulous.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Could you make an argument the Phillip Seymour Hoffman is better than Daniel Day-Lewis? Maybe. But to say he is clearly a way better actor is redonkulous.
                          I will always support PSH and actors like him who have not built an acting career on being pretty. Not that DDL has. He is a fantastic actor. But he has that, leading man chiseled chin look about him. PSH is fat, white, and balding, and is still one of the best, if not THE best actor of his generation. I hold Kevin Spacey in the same regard. Both fantastic actors.

Not trying to take anything away from DDL, for the record. His new movie looks badass, and has a ridiculous amount of hot chicks in it. And its a musical. Hells yes.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            Well it's all subjective, but PSH has not just been consistent, but consistently amazing this past decade in his roles that it actually pretty easy to make an argument that he is the best actor out there right now. It isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.

Comment

• Spacey is a pretty decent looking guy, so I wouldn't throw him in with PSH. I think Paul Giamatti is a better guy to say has been incredible this decade despite his looks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I just think its funny to look at how many great actors now started out as nothing more then pretty faces, and develop into great actors later. Guys like Leo and Matt Damon come to mind. I admire guys like PSH and yes, Paul Giamatti, who break into the industry without that added aspect to their appeal. Because as much as we all love them for their acting skills, alot of people out there watch movies simply to see the pretty people on screen.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information