Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0836578/

They are making another Indiana Jones movie. Why God, why?

Comment

• I really respect that PSH has put out more quantity of quality and I understand DDL hasn't actually been in that many movies. The more movies you're in, the more likely you'll get a bad role or something that's poorly written but Hoffman always nails it. I guess DDL as Daniel Plainview and Bill the Butcher were some of the best acting performances I've seen and both really made an impression on me.

Comment

• Major League:

"No, no too high..too high"

"Too high? Not too high, too FAR"

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I really respect that PSH has put out more quantity of quality and I understand DDL hasn't actually been in that many movies. The more movies you're in, the more likely you'll get a bad role or something that's poorly written but Hoffman always nails it. I guess DDL as Daniel Plainview and Bill the Butcher were some of the best acting performances I've seen and both really made an impression on me.
          You pick his two similar performances lol. Those characters are very similar in alot of ways. That said, he was great in both. I felt he was a little overrated in Gangs, and I wasnt hugely moved by his performance in that the same way I was in TWBB.

And yes, PSH is fantastic. If you havent already, watch The Savages and Synecdoche, New York. Those might be 2 of my favorite performances of his.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• after Aliens, whats next?

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              You pick his two similar performances lol. Those characters are very similar in alot of ways. That said, he was great in both. I felt he was a little overrated in Gangs, and I wasnt hugely moved by his performance in that the same way I was in TWBB.
              I actually feel the exact opposite in terms of the performances. I think his performance in GONY is the best of this decade and TWBB was just good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I actually feel the exact opposite in terms of the performances. I think his performance in GONY is the best of this decade and TWBB was just good.
                Best performance of the decade? Yikes...thats a tall order. I definitely like his TWBB performance better then his GONY performance, but I might not even say Daniel Plainview was the best of this decade...although I guess American Beauty was '99...Id have to think on that one.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• how can APS always be so wrong???

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                    "Here is the whole chicken you wanted Cerrano"

Allstate has your back, But it no help with curve ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0836578/

They are making another Indiana Jones movie. Why God, why?
                      I would sooner hope for Head of State 2 than the continued raping of Indiana Jones.

Comment

• I'm feeling a baseball movie tonight. What do you think?

Major League, Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Field of Dreams or Angels in the Outfield?

Comment

• dont forget Little Big League

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            I'm feeling a baseball movie tonight. What do you think?

Major League, Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Field of Dreams or Angels in the Outfield?
                            Pride of the Yankees.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Bang the Drum Slowly

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                                how can APS always be so wrong???
                                The same way you never post anything meaningful or contribute to a discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information