No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched it twice when I rented it. I guess I'm just a WWII movie buff though. The July 20 Attempt is a good story even if you already know what happens, and apparently Tom Cruise has the exact same profile as the real Colonel Staffenburg. Self-fulfilling destiny movies are still good without being unpredictable a lot of times - American Beauty pretty much tells you how it ends in the first scene.
    Last edited by keylime_5; 06-21-2009, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Fight Club is about 30 mins. too long & the revelation ending way too predictable (most guessed the Norton imaginary friend/alter ego identity about an hr. into it)
      How was the ending at all predictable? The only way you could have seen it coming would have been if somebody had told you there was a twist but left you to figure out what. Unless, of course, you're just trying to be 'that guy' that guesses movie outcomes correctly.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Year One was just awful. Michael Cera was the only thing that made me not want to kill myself.

Comment

• Yea, it was a pretty bad movie. Nobody was remotely funny in the film. Oh well.

Comment

• Good to know that it sucked...I like Michael Cera so I had thought about going. Now I will just wait for Transformers next week instead.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Terrific, probably the most underrated, movie of all time

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• As much as you want something with Ramis and Cera (and a small David Cross role) to be good, that movie just looks awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

Terrific, probably the most underrated, movie of all time
                  I watched it like a month ago. It gets better everytime you watch it.

As for Year One, its odd you all hated it, it got terrific early reviews. It was at 100% on Rottentomatoes for a while.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    I watched it like a month ago. It gets better everytime you watch it.

As for Year One, its odd you all hated it, it got terrific early reviews. It was at 100% on Rottentomatoes for a while.
                    Now it's at 20%, so not so shocking they didnt like it. :)

Early Transformers reviews arent too hot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I saw Hangover again for the second time tonight. I probably laughed harder the second time, because I picked up on a bunch of smaller things. Like how Allen tries to be just like Phil throughout the whole movie, that was hilarious.

I also ordered me a pair of BluBlockers just like the ones Allen had in the movie. Only cost like $19 too, and they are awesome.

Comment

• I always laugh at the trailer(s) for Year One, yet I have no desire to see it. Strange.

Comment

• saw The Hangover tonight.. it was great. It's still selling out, too.

Comment

• Went to go see Transformers 2 last night, it was pretty good, not a patch on the first but a decent watch for a couple of hours. Plus... Megan Fox!!!!!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              I always laugh at the trailer(s) for Year One, yet I have no desire to see it. Strange.
                              Year One may be the one few Jack Black movies I care to see.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                                Year One may be the one few Jack Black movies I care to see.
                                That's because it's a Harold Ramis movie

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information