No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything could happen in that last week, so don't lose hope just yet.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Looking at the fixtures for the final week, we have Sunderland (36, GD -17), Hull (35, GD -24), Newcastle (34, GD -1 and Middlesborough (32, GD -2.

The fixtures are
      Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00
      Hull v Man Utd, 16:00
      Sunderland v Chelsea, 16:00
      West Ham v Middlesbrough, 16:00

Looking at the fixtures, IMO I think that Newcastle can take a point, maybe even 3 at Villa as they have been dire recently, Hull may take something out of the Man U game since it is likely that Man U rest players for the CL final. I don't seen Sunderland taking anything from Chelsea or Middlesbrough getting the win they need to stay up.

Therefore I predict that Middlesbrough and Sunderland will go down in a final day shock.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        You go ahead and do that, the EPL had 3 teams in the UEFA Semi-Finals, that means to me that the EPL is the strongest league in the world and I don't think it's really even close, especially with Man City and Aston Villa looking like they could do some things next season.
        I could see Aston Villa, Spurs, Everton etc all challenging for top 4 next year. The Premier League is the best league in the world, not only because they have the best team in the world, but teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa and Everton would all challenge for La Liga, for Serie A, Bundesliga and what ever the hell passes for French football now.

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        It should be Chelsea and Manchester United in the Final, not Barca. I love La Liga, I really do but to say that the best soccer is played in Spain is false (apart from their national team winning Euro). The best soccer is currently being played in the EPL.
        The best football is clearly played in England. That doesn't mean the two best English sides should be in the European Cup Final. Barcelona should be in the Final, because they won the Semi-Final. Chelsea had their shot in the Semis and they lost.
        Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          Therefore I predict that Middlesbrough and Sunderland will go down in a final day shock.
          Can't see it. I think Boro are dead and buried. But for Sunderland to go down Hull need to beat Man Utd (who will rest players but will still field an XI better than Hull), or if Hull draw, Chelsea would need to put 7 past Sunderland. You would also then need the Geordies to win.

It is between Newcastle and Hull. I think the Geordies will struggle against Villa, and Hull will still struggle against an understrength United. Personally, I really don't like Newcastle, or Alan Shearer, so I really hope that the Geordies get relegated.
          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• Boro are done for, but I think Hull and Newcastle will pull out surprise victories, just a hunch, nothing more :)

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
              Boro are done for, but I think Hull and Newcastle will pull out surprise victories, just a hunch, nothing more :)
              from your mouth to God's ears.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• sunderland are playing portsmouth tomorrow, if they win they stay up, boro are down thats for sure. hull and newcastle for the final spot, and i think that newcastle will get a draw against villa, hull will lose to united. therefore i think its going to be hull, boro and west brom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                  I would absolutely love Europe for us, but considering our record in the first half of the season I am just stoked that we are finishing in the top 8.
                  if you only take into account the games harry has been in charge, we would be fifth in the league. cant wait for next season so we can show everyone that we are in fact the "best of the rest". just hope that we dont make whole sale changes like we have been doing for the last few years. 1 or two additions, most importantly a left winger and we are set.

Comment

• I'm fully expecting to lose against Hull next week.

My money is on Boro and Newcastle joining West Brom.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Thoughts on Newcastle's relegation?

I think it's hilarious. The biggest example in soccer of how not to run a club.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• **** You Damien Duff! Relegated on an own goal, that sums it up brilliantly!

Get rid of everybody but the Taylor's in the back line, Gutierez, and Xisco. I love Viduka but his best days are behind him as are Duff and Butt's. If all goes well, hopefully get promoted next year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• What a horrible day for all toon supporters. Yatta is right tho.....shining example of incompetence in running a football club. Just abysmal. At least this will begin to clear out the rubbish and young guys like Nile Ranger, Andy Carrol, Tim Krul, and some other will get a chance to show themselves.

I personally think relegation was a necessary evil and am excited to see the Ranger/Carrol pairing next year.

I am just playing Sebastian Bassong stays because the kid is brilliant. I bet Arsenal snatches him up tho.

And the OG wasnt Duff's fault btw, nothing he could do. Stuff like that off deflections happens in football. Now it sucks it happened today, but still. He was of the few players that actually looked like he cared out there today.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• the most boring end of the season in a long time. newcastle, hull and boro showed no heart or energy in there games today, there was no exciting twists or anything. worst of all tottenham lost, but watch out for next season, harry knows what he is doing and we'll be fighting for the top 4.

Comment

• Apologies Rob, I thought you guys were staying up, oh well.

Oh and Kiran, told you Liverpool would win ;) Anyway, very sad day for Liverpool fans with Sami Hyypia leaving, but it was the perfect send off.

Comment

• Is Tevez coming to the Pool? What's the word on that?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information