Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
    The point is that United don't own Tevez. He's been on loan here for two years and now that deal is up, so United will have to bid for him just like everyone else. He is owned by some sort of company headed by an agent, Kia Joorbachian but the details remain shady. Anyway apparently their asking price is £30million.
    I forgot about that little tidbit. Still, if they could spend that kind of money on Berbatov, they'd be crazy not to do everything they can to keep Tevez, given what he means to that team.

Comment

• Silva and Torres working together on the national team as well as a club team would be good for all parties involved. I think that Pato, Kaka, and Dinho (even though he's fallen out of favor a bit) have benefited from that situation greatly.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Should I go with Man U or Barcelona tomorrow?
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Should I go with Man U or Barcelona tomorrow?
          Man U should take it but I am not a betting man in this one. Barcelona could easily take it as well.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
            Man U should take it but I am not a betting man in this one. Barcelona could easily take it as well.
            I'm leaning towards Man U but yeah the closer it is the more thrilling it will be for me.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              I'm leaning towards Man U but yeah the closer it is the more thrilling it will be for me.
              Both teams have some injury concerns. Man U has been there done that but Barcelona will likely have the crowd on their side and an offense that can **** over United if their defenders aren't as fit as they claim (Ferdinand).

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• ESPN has that nice cover story on Messi so I think this is a big stage for him to truly showcase his talent, especially against a more recognizable player like Cristiano Ronaldo.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• On tournament form United should have it in a shoe-in, but hey, Champion's League final; anything can happen. I like both teams though, and I'm happy it's not an all-English final, so I don't really care who wins, although if you put a gun to my head and said pick I would say United. Barca always seem to gift away the big occasions, likely from a lazy back/sideways pass that an industrious player like Tevez/Rooney will pick off.

Comment

• I know I'm the only one who cares about german teams but Diego's moving to Juve for 24 million euros and Gomez is joining Bayern for 26 million euros. It's a pity the bundesliga is losing another stud of diego's caliber but he's a great pick up for Juve, he'll run that team for years and should give them a good shot at the title.

As for the Gomez move I'm not a stuttgart fan so I don't mind seeing them lose him and hopefully playing regularly in the CL with a quality team around him will help give him experience at the highest level so that he doesn't forget how to score next time he plays for germany.

Comment

• I'm getting nervous for tonight already. Ferdinand and Vidic are the most important players tonight.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                        I'm getting nervous for tonight already. Ferdinand and Vidic are the most important players tonight.
                        O for sure. I'm a die hard Liverpool supporter but I LOVE Vidic. Can't wait for this game!

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• I'll always be nervous when Man Utd are playing in a European Cup Final. We always make it difficult for ourselves.

Wembly: Beat Benfica in Extra Time
                          Camp Nou: Beat Bayern with two injury time goals
                          Luzhniki: Beat Chelsea on Penalties

Things have never been easy. What could be key for United is that both Dani Alves and Éric Abidal are suspended, while Rafael Márquez is injured. United have doubts about Ferdinand but he should be fit, so going into the game United should be able to play their strongest back 4, while Barca will have to have other players in their back 4. If Barca fire too many players forward in Attack then United's counter attack should be able to rip them apart.

Fingers crossed, though. It's gonna be a close one.
                          Last edited by Seamus2602; 05-27-2009, 08:16 AM.
                          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• As a bitter Liverpool fan I have to say...

Come on BARCELONA!!!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• War Barca!!! :D

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Messi and Ronaldo are going to own this spotlight.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information