No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year without a title isn't a good year for chelsea. They have invested over half a billion dollars in this squad during the last 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
      A year without a title isn't a good year for chelsea. They have invested over half a billion dollars in this squad during the last 3 years.
      Agreed. Especially as they made an 80m loss this year on top of the 140m last year. Abramovich is bound to get fed up eventually.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Agreed. Especially as they made an 80m loss this year on top of the 140m last year. Abramovich is bound to get fed up eventually.
        That may be. They're still in the hunt for the CL title though, which is the most important of all, especially for Abramovitsch.
        If he gets fed up, he has to sell many, many stars for really cheap prices, because nobody would ever buy the club with the current roster. The payroll is so high, they basically lose money every year they don't win 3 titles (maybe even then.....)

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
          No high kicks in soccer??

Seriously it doesnt matter at the professional level. It wasnt a dirty play at all he was clearly going for the ball and it happens.
          I never said it was a dirty play. I said this is why high kicks aren't allowed.

Granted Terry leaned into that ball but the Arsenal defender's (forget who kicked him) foot was above his shoulder, and that is not allowed.

Case and point why they have this rule, Terry gets knocked out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            That was nasty man. I'm scared to go for headers now becuase of that. And it's another reason why you don't kick high. It wasn't a dirty play but this is why there are no high kicks in soccer. Although from the looks of it Terry went down for that ball. But man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkrJ4A2BRA

Jesus christ.
            High kicks never get called in real soccer. It's a terrible rule, but I guess it's used for situations like this. I remember one ref gave me a yellow for a high kick...

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
              High kicks never get called in real soccer. It's a terrible rule, but I guess it's used for situations like this. I remember one ref gave me a yellow for a high kick...
              How is it a terrible rule? Seriously. I don't advocate handing out cards for every high kick but it needs to be called for the safety of the players.

You have a head, so use it when the ball is up there. It's a dangerous play, which is why it's a rule. Now I think there's a difference between a high kick in traffic and a high kick.

I don't think you should be called if you're all by yourself in the corner and you do a high kick to clear the ball. But in traffic, yes, it's a great rule.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I am guessing i am the only one who wears one of those sweet padded head protectors when they play. Don't really care how goofy it looks i make my money in the air (if i made money) and i don't want to vegetable when i am forty. You would be suprised to toll all those headers take on your brain.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=LcIVYYHxoEA

Comment

• Owie....not sure my helmet would have helped much there....but like i said, its good for headers.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Did anyone else see Blackburn knock out Arsenal in the FA cup today?

former #1 in post count on this site
                      first to 500 posts

Comment

• Yes, winner in the 87th ******

Comment

• that was such a sick shot, i hate Arsenal and i was so exicted to see them loose another big game!

Last years UEFA Championship, Carling Cup this year and now FA today

former #1 in post count on this site
                          first to 500 posts

Comment

• I am very excited about the Man U Liverpool game ... predictions?

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                              I am very excited about the Man U Liverpool game ... predictions?
                              Manchester United 3 -1...Rooney with 2 goals and a surprise goal by Rio off a corner.

Liverpool gets an own goal.:D

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Manchester United 3 -1...Rooney with 2 goals and a surprise goal by Rio off a corner.

Liverpool gets an own goal.:D
                                God i hope so

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information