Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok, I'll give it a go, although I am certain my personal bias will play a part in my selection, and the fact that I have seen Liverpool play more than the other sides...

    Casillas
    Maicon Vidic Agger (I know I know, homer!) Evra
    Mascherano Iniesta
    Ronaldo Gerrard Messi
    Torres

    Playing a 4-2-3-1
    Last edited by UKfan; 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM.

    XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

    Comment


    • Daniel Agger is a boss.

      #MoncriefArmy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
        Daniel Agger is a boss.
        if he werent so oft injured he would be an option imo.


        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

        Comment


        • Honestly, I am so excited about our centre defence for the next 5 years at least it is unreal, I'm at the point where, despite still being near the top of his game, I would be happy demoting Jamie Carragher out of the side, Martin Skrtel has just got that raw aggression and power, and he's no slouch, and then Agger reminds me so much of Alan Hansen from back in the day it's scary, he's so comfortable on the ball for a commanding centre half, he can pass, dribble and shoot, as well as defend as well as anyone, I love it! Now if only we had some good full backs...

          XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

          Comment


          • Casillas (C)
            Ramos Vidic Terry Alves
            Gerrard Essien
            Ribery Kaka Robben
            Torres

            Also going with 4-2-3-1. Coach will be The Special One. Just for fun ;).

            #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions


            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

            Comment


            • The lack of Lampard love makes me sad :(

              Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

              Comment


              • Maybe next season will be the year when the EPL title comes home UKfan.

                #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions


                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                Comment


                • For those of you with Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos in your sides, who is playing LB?

                  XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                    Maybe next season will be the year when the EPL title comes home UKfan.
                    This man right here knows what's up...

                    XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                      Honestly, I am so excited about our centre defence for the next 5 years at least it is unreal, I'm at the point where, despite still being near the top of his game, I would be happy demoting Jamie Carragher out of the side, Martin Skrtel has just got that raw aggression and power, and he's no slouch, and then Agger reminds me so much of Alan Hansen from back in the day it's scary, he's so comfortable on the ball for a commanding centre half, he can pass, dribble and shoot, as well as defend as well as anyone, I love it! Now if only we had some good full backs...
                      Liverpool has the most vital parts in place to be a GREAT team with a great striker, a great central midfield playmaker and good central defending. Liverpools main problem indeed are the fullbacks imo. There is also a bit of a lack of depth. You could do with a good second striker dehind Torres since Kuijt has been transformed to a support player. I think Liverpool could also use one more defensive midfielder since i am not sold on Lucas at all.
                      Liverpool is my favourite english team so I actually feel liek I know what i am talking about here.
                      Talking about my favourite team in another competition. Damn I hope that valencia finally will find themselves some proper defenders and please Vicente, stay healty for at least a few weeks next season.


                      Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        For those of you with Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos in your sides, who is playing LB?
                        Sergio Ramos because Dani Alves has his bad leg purely for walking imo.


                        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          Same thing every time Real has a new prez, they buy all these stars for all that money, get their asses handed to them by Barcelona, fire the prez, who sells off all the previous prez' stars and buys a new set.
                          Perez was their president for 6 years during their last 'galactico' phase and they were exceptionally successful, regularly beating Barcelona with ease. This Real side isn't as bad as many make out. Kaka will help obviously, but their new coach and 300m to spend won't hurt either.

                          My top 3 would be Messi, Kaka and Ronaldo although I do love Lampard, so don't worry about their being a lack of love for him.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wicket View Post
                            Liverpool has the most vital parts in place to be a GREAT team with a great striker, a great central midfield playmaker and good central defending. Liverpools main problem indeed are the fullbacks imo. There is also a bit of a lack of depth. You could do with a good second striker dehind Torres since Kuijt has been transformed to a support player. I think Liverpool could also use one more defensive midfielder since i am not sold on Lucas at all.
                            Liverpool is my favourite english team so I actually feel liek I know what i am talking about here.
                            Talking about my favourite team in another competition. Damn I hope that valencia finally will find themselves some proper defenders and please Vicente, stay healty for at least a few weeks next season.
                            Towards the end of last season when we consistently played great (won 10 and drew 1 of last 11) we played the 4-2-3-1, with Torres as the main striker and Gerrard in the hole, this I expect to continue. Without changes, I expect our first choice 11 to be...

                            Reina
                            Fabio Aurelio Agger Carragher Arbeloa
                            Alonso Mascherano
                            Benayoun/Riera Gerrard Kuyt
                            Torres

                            I have highlighted the players I feel could easily be upgraded. I feel that Kuyt could also be replaced, but that can wait, he's a good player.

                            I really want us to bring in a new RB, Glen Johnson has been rumoured and on his day is great, but I'm a bit wary personally, not sure who I would bring in in all honesty, it may well be Arbeloa.

                            LB is a conundrum, on the one hand the starter could definitely be upgraded, but I want us to keep mixing in Insua, and hopefully develop him into a starting role as I think he has a huge amount of potential, we shall see.

                            LW is a mess, it always has been, Riera started off on fire, but he tailed off and I would like to see more consistency. Benayoun played very well at the end of the season, but isn't really an LW, just an excellent squad player, as everyone will know, I LOVE DAVID SILVA and if I was Rafa he would be the man I would break the bank for.

                            Finally I would like to see another striker brought in on the cheap so we don't have to rely on David N'Gog or moving Kuyt up front if Torres goes down again, I wouldn't want anyone overly expensive since that man will obviously be second choice, but as Wicket mentioned, depth is needed until the young strikers (Nemeth, Pacheco, Dalla Valle) mature and find their way.

                            Well that was longer than I thought, but I could write about Liverpool all day :-)

                            XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                            Comment


                            • Darn right I know what's up. I have Ramos on the right side. I made some bets with Man U fans that they wouldn't win both the league and champs. Never paid up though lol. They forgot. I'm a Madrid fan as well as a Liverpool one, and I'd rather see David Silva at Anfield.

                              #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions


                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                                Towards the end of last season when we consistently played great (won 10 and drew 1 of last 11) we played the 4-2-3-1, with Torres as the main striker and Gerrard in the hole, this I expect to continue. Without changes, I expect our first choice 11 to be...

                                Reina
                                Fabio Aurelio Agger Carragher Arbeloa
                                Alonso Mascherano
                                Benayoun/Riera Gerrard Kuyt
                                Torres

                                I have highlighted the players I feel could easily be upgraded. I feel that Kuyt could also be replaced, but that can wait, he's a good player.

                                I really want us to bring in a new RB, Glen Johnson has been rumoured and on his day is great, but I'm a bit wary personally, not sure who I would bring in in all honesty, it may well be Arbeloa.

                                LB is a conundrum, on the one hand the starter could definitely be upgraded, but I want us to keep mixing in Insua, and hopefully develop him into a starting role as I think he has a huge amount of potential, we shall see.

                                LW is a mess, it always has been, Riera started off on fire, but he tailed off and I would like to see more consistency. Benayoun played very well at the end of the season, but isn't really an LW, just an excellent squad player, as everyone will know, I LOVE DAVID SILVA and if I was Rafa he would be the man I would break the bank for.

                                Finally I would like to see another striker brought in on the cheap so we don't have to rely on David N'Gog or moving Kuyt up front if Torres goes down again, I wouldn't want anyone overly expensive since that man will obviously be second choice, but as Wicket mentioned, depth is needed until the young strikers (Nemeth, Pacheco, Dalla Valle) mature and find their way.

                                Well that was longer than I thought, but I could write about Liverpool all day :-)
                                He would be a great fit for Liverpool but Valencia isnt exactly strapped for cash so it would REALLY be breaking the bank. I dont think you could get him for much less than you paid for Torres.
                                If I were Liverpool I would pay WAY less money for Vicente, the guy is a bit oft injured but I think that could be improved with English trainers. Besides that he has worked with Rafa before and they worked great togetherer. And if Vicente is fit he is one of the best left wingers in the world (if not the best).
                                Id be somewhat saddened to see him leave Valencia but he plays the same position as Silva so Valencia will not be hurt that bad and it would be a possible Major upgrade for Liverpool.


                                Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information