No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea aren't in the UEFA Cup, they're in the UEFA Champions League.

You can't win "UEFA", it's an organization, like the NCAA.

Comment

• If you are so sure that Chelsea won't win the ECC, then who will? All teams have looked far from stellar, and don't say Man U because they did not deserve the victory over Lille, and don't say Inter because the Italian League sucks this year and that's the only reason for their unbeaten record. I doubt they will even make the next round. I think Chelsea are the favourites to win it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
        If you are so sure that Chelsea won't win the ECC, then who will? All teams have looked far from stellar, and don't say Man U because they did not deserve the victory over Lille, and don't say Inter because the Italian League sucks this year and that's the only reason for their unbeaten record. I doubt they will even make the next round. I think Chelsea are the favourites to win it.
        And Chelsea was the favorite to win the EPL this year too.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Barca could repeat. Liverpool has been hot of late. Arsenal is always a tough out. Manchester United has to get some consideration.

Would you like to make a bet with me on this? Straight up, if Chelsea wins I lose, but if they don't win you lose.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him take it, but I trust your judgement.
            and i will trust YouTube

Comment

• Cant get over that Lennon backheel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfYC4FCvvA
              What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
              It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                Barca could repeat. Liverpool has been hot of late. Arsenal is always a tough out. Manchester United has to get some consideration.

Would you like to make a bet with me on this? Straight up, if Chelsea wins I lose, but if they don't win you lose.
                Arsenal couldn't even beat PSV, and Barca won't advance. They need a 2 goal victory or 3 goals plus penalties. Not gonna happen. Madrid and Bayern stink. Chelsea is the favourite in a slim margin over Man U.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                  Cant get over that Lennon backheel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfYC4FCvvA
                  Can't get over Lennon period

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                    Cant get over that Lennon backheel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfYC4FCvvA
                    There's only one Lenny!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU86VoTCS3o

Comment

• Originally posted by PMD View Post
                      There's only one Lenny!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU86VoTCS3o
                      Ahem......homer

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Arsenal couldn't even beat PSV, and Barca won't advance. They need a 2 goal victory or 3 goals plus penalties. Not gonna happen. Madrid and Bayern stink. Chelsea is the favourite in a slim margin over Man U.
                        Barca has some of the most explosive offensive firepower in the world, they still have a good shot to advance.

Mark my words, Chelsea will not win. They'll be mismanaged.

Comment

• Barca is having alot of problems latelly with the bust up with Eto and Ronaldinho, and alot of problems with the manager Rijkaard but they have too much talent to count them out. Chelsea isnt built for a Champions league run, the defense is to physical and give up to many penalities. Well Liverpool really battered Ronaldinho around in the last game and didnt get that many calls against, at least not as many as they deserve. My moneys on Man U, the addition of Larsson i think really puts them over the top. Plus Ronaldo is in the best form of anyone in the world right now, and essentially just scores at will. Solid back 4 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by casskid View Post
                            Plus Ronaldo is in the best form of anyone in the world right now, and essentially just scores at will.
                            Ronaldo is one ony my favorite players and he does score at will just not in the Champions League he has 1 career goal in 27 UEFA cup games. But it doesnt matter Man U will win.

Predictions for tommorow:

Chelsea 2-1 FC Porto
                            Robben 26'
                            González 56'
                            Drogba 80'

Liverpool 0-1 Barcelona
                            Eto'o 65'

former #1 in post count on this site
                            first to 500 posts

Comment

• I predict that Barca will have a 2-0 lead heading into the 80th min and the hold on the series, but Crouch heads it home in the 83rd and Liverpool moves on. Saviola and Iniesta score for Barca.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• True, but Ronaldo has never been in such form before either, and i really think he'll step it up to show that he can play and produce on any stage. I remember hearing a rumor for a swap of Ronaldo and Eto'o, i hope that doesnt go threw for Man U's sake. Eto'o while an amazing goal scorer, is very selfish and having to split time with Rooney up front will not make him happy.

Also going after Hargreves doesnt really help Man U in the long run. They over paid for Carrick to play more of a defensive role, you need to look into replacing Scholes and Giggs, who Man U doesnt have anyone to replace them. Richardson and Fletcher are not capable everyday replacements.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information