Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Well it was speculation on a supposed offer. Have they come out and shot it down already?
    nah....even if there was an offer they wouldnt sell him. Rooney is Man U through and through.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      nah....even if there was an offer they wouldnt sell him. Rooney is Man U through and through.
      As an Everton fan, I detest thoroughly detest this sentiment, and can't wait for it to come round and bite Utd fans in the arse.

Comment

• I'm all for another soccer draft. And yeah I don't see Rooney leaving even after Barca offered 8mill a year after tax. Can't see him leaving England

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Well it was speculation on a supposed offer. Have they come out and shot it down already?
          I recall Rooney himself saying he does not wish to leave Man U.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by trekindude View Post
            As an Everton fan, I detest thoroughly detest this sentiment, and can't wait for it to come round and bite Utd fans in the arse.
            not going to happen......he has no reason to leave Utd., he almost needed to leave Everton if he was going to become a great. I'm sure if Everton was a top club that competed in Champions League every year he would still be there. It is pretty ****** up that he said he was staying, but nobody would stay at Everton if Utd. wanted them.......your wages increase, your endorsements increase, you actually win trophies, etc..........

Comment

• Salvador Cabanas got shot in the noodle this morning.
              http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901?ver=us

Comment

• are we going to do a draft?

former #1 in post count on this site
                first to 500 posts

Comment

• i dont follow professional soccer very closely, but i play d-3 soccer, so i definitely have enough knowledge of the game to co-gm a soccer draft if you need more people

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Did anyone see the Arsenal - Man Utd game?

United played the perfect sit back, soak up all the pressure and then hit them on the break. Nani probably played the best game I've seen of him for United and Rooney was excellent as usual. England have a chance in the WC but only if Rooney is there, he will be the difference between quarters finals or the semi's/final.

About my own team (West Brom), we are 3rd and a point behind 2nd with a game in hand. I'm mixed on us this season to be honest, we play well and get my hopes up then go and screw it up a few games later. We have 3 games coming up where we should be getting 6 points bare minimum and I'd take that tbh (average 2 pts a game from here on out and we go up).

I'm also going to Plymouth away on Sat then Reading away in the cup the following week. Can't beat away games.

Comment

• Originally posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
                      Did anyone see the Arsenal - Man Utd game?

United played the perfect sit back, soak up all the pressure and then hit them on the break. Nani probably played the best game I've seen of him for United and Rooney was excellent as usual. England have a chance in the WC but only if Rooney is there, he will be the difference between quarters finals or the semi's/final.

About my own team (West Brom), we are 3rd and a point behind 2nd with a game in hand. I'm mixed on us this season to be honest, we play well and get my hopes up then go and screw it up a few games later. We have 3 games coming up where we should be getting 6 points bare minimum and I'd take that tbh (average 2 pts a game from here on out and we go up).

I'm also going to Plymouth away on Sat then Reading away in the cup the following week. Can't beat away games.
                      Utd. did play brilliantly, still tho.....there marking in the box was a major, major concern at the end and arsenal was unlucky not to get their second in the 80th and if that happens, who knows. As for the championship, I am a Newcastle fan so things are looking good as of now for the auto-promotion.......we have been on a big slide as of late tho.....we may be unbeaten, but we are drawing far too much to stay in first for long.

Comment

• DeMarcus Beasley's car was firebombed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

celtic hooligan probably.

Comment

• I have a question;

How tall can a soccer player get before said height begins to decrease his effectiveness? I mean in all facets of his game and not just footspeed? Could a tall player actually function as a goalkeeper if properly trained?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                            I have a question;

How tall can a soccer player get before said height begins to decrease his effectiveness? I mean in all facets of his game and not just footspeed? Could a tall player actually function as a goalkeeper if properly trained?
                            You realize most goalkeepers are quite a bit taller than you're average person right? Average height is around 5'9", and even Iker Casillas, one of the shorter successful keepers, is taller than that at 5'11" as is Akinfeev at 6', Buffon is 6'3", german national keepers Rene Adler and Manuel Neuer are 6'3" and 6'4" respectively, Petr Cech is 6'5", Kahn was 6'2", Edwin Van de Sar is also a tall mofo at 6'5". So in fact all successful keepers are technically tall, and many are really tall 6'3"-6'5". As long as you have the quickness and intelligence being taller just makes it easier to be a keeper.
                            Last edited by Rosebud; 02-21-2010, 11:53 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              You realize most goalkeepers are quite a bit taller than you're average person right? Average height is around 5'9", and even Iker Casillas, one of the shorter successful keepers, is taller than that at 5'11" as is Akinfeev at 6', Buffon is 6'3", german national keepers Rene Adler and Manuel Neuer are 6'3" and 6'4" respectively, Petr Cech is 6'5", Kahn was 6'2", Edwin Van de Sar is also a tall mofo at 6'5". So in fact all successful keepers are technically tall, and many are really tall 6'3"-6'5". As long as you have the quickness and intelligence being taller just makes it easier to be a keeper.
                              Actually, when I'm referring to 'tall', I mean the kind of tall you only see on the Basketball courts and such, 6'6 plus basically.

Comment

• So we lost to Bristol City at the weekend, horrible second half performance and too many players just wern't bothered. Graham Dorrans is going to be a star though, don't expect many of you to know him but he'll be in a top 10 team within 3 years, and top 6 within 5.

FA Cup replay tonight with a chance at a quarter final game against Aston Villa, so a local derby for a semi-final opportunity would be fantastic. Just hope no one gets injured or suspended, our squad is threadbare as it is right now.

I support West Brom incase people don't know...Currently 3rd in the Championship with a game in hand over 2nd.

Landon Donovan has also been quite a hit at Everton so far, a group of fans have also set up a facebook group for him wanting to stay: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5739

Your boy's done good over here, like many others.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information