No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, the Inter/Chelsea ref is terrible. Kalou was denied a sure penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
      DeMarcus Beasley's car was firebombed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

celtic hooligan probably.
      Yeah coming from a Celtic fan I can't condone this obviously. These people are scum. Same go for those who beat up Allan McGregor

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• U.S./Netherlands friendly on ESPN 2 right now.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Didn't catch any of today's games, but I was pretty excited to see Bayern get the advantage in the last minute yesterday.

But yeah, that definitely blows if Fabregas is out. Rooney got hurt, too, but that's only a few weeks. Still, he'll miss the second leg in the quarters and possibly the game against City (which I may have more interest in than others)
          Barca dominated Arsenal, yet Arsenal came away with the draw. Shouldn't be too tough for them to put it away at home though, especially with Arsenal missing Fabregas.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Barca dominated Arsenal, yet Arsenal came away with the draw. Shouldn't be too tough for them to put it away at home though, especially with Arsenal missing Fabregas.
            Arshavin out for 3 weeks with calf injury too

Comment

• rooting for Olympic Lyon. Miralem Pjanic is the ****!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• So Fabregas is out for 6 weeks. Rooney for a month. That sucks.

Comment

• So, what thread are we using haha.....I had a sweet little Ribery/Bayern rant in the new one...
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• My boy Javier Hernandez aka "Chicharito" signed to play with Man U! Whoo! Now this is exciting, first Mexican player to ever sign with United. Now Aguirre better take him to the WC!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Hernandez.html

Comment

• Why does it say teenager?

I thought he was like 22 or something. Anyway, good **** from Mexico.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

Comment

• Yeah, he's 21 already, but he's been in the club ranks in Mexico since he was like 16, i guess they still look at him as a little kid.

Comment

• Nani and Robben had such sick goals yesterday. I miss having FSC and being able to watch those matches.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            My boy Javier Hernandez aka "Chicharito" signed to play with Man U! Whoo! Now this is exciting, first Mexican player to ever sign with United. Now Aguirre better take him to the WC!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Hernandez.html
                            CHICHARITO! The guy has been playing some awesome soccer for a while now. Really surprised to see him go to ManU, but hey, great opportunity.

Nice to see Mexican players finally start to make a name for themselves in Europe. Vela, both Dos Santos, Salcido, and now Chicharito.

And yeah, Aguirre better take him, the guy can be a very dangerous weapon.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                              Actually, when I'm referring to 'tall', I mean the kind of tall you only see on the Basketball courts and such, 6'6 plus basically.
                              no, that's too big. They're too stiff to still play soccer, the legs get too long. Typically soccer players are fairly short guys. A few exeptions exist, there's a few bigger (6'4", 6'5") players playing forward, but those are usually tank-type players who rely on their aerial domination and strenght. Soccer is a finesse game mostly.

Defenders are typically a bit bigger than midfielders and forwards.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                                CHICHARITO! The guy has been playing some awesome soccer for a while now. Really surprised to see him go to ManU, but hey, great opportunity.

Nice to see Mexican players finally start to make a name for themselves in Europe. Vela, both Dos Santos, Salcido, and now Chicharito.

And yeah, Aguirre better take him, the guy can be a very dangerous weapon.
                                Yeah, he was dominating at Guadalajara this season, that really gave him a lot of exposure, which is good. A lot more European scouts are paying attention to the Mexican League to see what talent they can pick out. A huge amount of Mexican players are now in Europe, which is just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information