Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
    Actually the 500 million part was just a joke. Now Ribery might want to leave, and Madrid might want him, but Ribery's seen what it can do to big french stars, Benzema is nowhere now after being one of the brightest stars in French soccer. Well anyway, yeah I suppose if htey offered C. Ronaldo type money Bayern will shrug and take it.

Also don't sleep on Robben, the guy can flat-out play, even if he's made of glass. As a dutch football supporter I just hope he lasts through the World Championships.... but I don't think he will, probably get injured three games in as always.

Many fine goalkeepers (Van Der Sar, Dida, Almunia) are over 6'4" it's more exceptional for non-goalies.
    The Dutch suffer from both Van Persie and Robben being made of glass. They are as entertaining as any side when at full strength.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      The Dutch suffer from both Van Persie and Robben being made of glass. They are as entertaining as any side when at full strength.
      Van Persie really isn't made of glass, at least not like Robben is. He's had a big injury now, that's true. But I don't consider him particularly injury prone. As for the Dutch, I think we might be a darkhorse contender. With Sneijder being in excellent shape, Robben, van Persie healthy and many other solid guys in good doings, the team at least from an individual player perspective is in excellent shape. I'm just hoping the coach makes the right decision and leaves the guys who haven't played a while at home and brings a fit and ready team to South Africa. We might surprise some people.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• As much as a die hard AC Milan fan I am, Dida is not a "fine" GK. He's not even mediocre. The guy just sucks. He'll play one amazing game only to suck the next ten or so games. I've been hoping for Berlusconi to buy Akinfeev for some time now, but I doubt it'll ever happen. But I have to agree, Holland looks like a very good possibility to win the World Cup. That's pretty bad for me as a danish football supporter, since we're in the same group. We're going to get killed...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
          As much as a die hard AC Milan fan I am, Dida is not a "fine" GK. He's not even mediocre. The guy just sucks. He'll play one amazing game only to suck the next ten or so games. I've been hoping for Berlusconi to buy Akinfeev for some time now, but I doubt it'll ever happen. But I have to agree, Holland looks like a very good possibility to win the World Cup. That's pretty bad for me as a danish football supporter, since we're in the same group. We're going to get killed...
          Dida used to be pretty good. He sucks nowadays but he dominated for a while, too. Akinfeev is going to stay in Russia a lot longer, because he makes more money there. Remember that Arshavin's transfer to Arsenal was almost cancelled because of his wage demands? That's how much they earn in Russia, enough to almost scare off an English premier league club. And a big one at that.

And thanks for the praise for the dutch. I'm kinda rootin' for the Danish too, just so you know.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• razor are u a german?

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
              razor are u a german?
              I'm assuming Danish since he references Schmeigel without liking Man U and says he supports Denmark.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Van Persie really isn't made of glass, at least not like Robben is. He's had a big injury now, that's true. But I don't consider him particularly injury prone. As for the Dutch, I think we might be a darkhorse contender. With Sneijder being in excellent shape, Robben, van Persie healthy and many other solid guys in good doings, the team at least from an individual player perspective is in excellent shape. I'm just hoping the coach makes the right decision and leaves the guys who haven't played a while at home and brings a fit and ready team to South Africa. We might surprise some people.
                I like the Dutch....always root for them. RVP is pretty injury prone tho.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  I like the Dutch....always root for them. RVP is pretty injury prone tho.
                  yeah he gets injured sometimes, but he's got nothing on Robben is what I ment to say

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• I also am a huge Dutch supporter. Liked them going back to the days of Edgar Davids & Roy Makaay.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      I also am a huge Dutch supporter. Liked them going back to the days of Edgar Davids & Roy Makaay.
                      lol how is Roy Makaay back in the days :D

Comment

• I always loved watching Patrick Kluivert. One of my favorite players growing up.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                          I also am a huge Dutch supporter. Liked them going back to the days of Edgar Davids & Roy Makaay.
                          Makaay never really played that many games for the Dutch national squad.

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          He's doing okay, he's still playing for Feyenoord Rotterdam. Starts off and on. Still has the scoring touch but seems to be winding down fast.

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          I always loved watching Patrick Kluivert. One of my favorite players growing up.
                          Yeah he was great when he played for Ajax... how the mighty have fallen :(

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            Haha I'm thinking like Euro 04 and the qualifiers for it :D.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

I'm assuming Danish since he references Schmeigel without liking Man U and says he supports Denmark.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duP4d9ZziY

(Sorry, I have no idea how to post a video)

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I hope City kick the **** out of Utd.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information