No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA surpassed PES this year and last year in the opinion of most everyone. 10 is a tremendous game.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      I was very tempted to put in Ozil, but with me putting 3 up front I wanted a bit more of a solid player.

Marin I don't know much about tbh, but Ozil was amazing at the U-21 tournament.
      You really should check Marin out, Ozil's a better shooter and passer, although Marin is very good at both of those things as well, while Marin is quicker on the ball, Ozil's really crafty with the ball but Marin's just about as crafty but significantly shiftier. The two of them are awesome and as a german fan I'm giddy with our attacking talent, Ozil, Marin, Trochowski, Kroos and Muller is a wonderful group of young wingers to carry the load once Ballack hangs up the boots.

EDIT: Here's some youtube clips, for what they're worth:

Last edited by Rosebud; 04-18-2010, 03:47 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        FIFA surpassed PES this year and last year in the opinion of most everyone. 10 is a tremendous game.
        Even WC 2010 looks amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
          Even WC 2010 looks amazing.
          it's probably not gonna be worth the money though. Usually those tourney specials aren't quite as good as the annual edition.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
            it's probably not gonna be worth the money though. Usually those tourney specials aren't quite as good as the annual edition.
            Sometimes I wish they'd incorporate WC/Euro etc into select yearly games. Like WC 10 only found in FIFA 10.

At least we know that what is seen in WC 2010 will be improved on by the time FIFA 11 comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
              Sometimes I wish they'd incorporate WC/Euro etc into select yearly games. Like WC 10 only found in FIFA 10.

At least we know that what is seen in WC 2010 will be improved on by the time FIFA 11 comes out.
              They should just make it like a 15 dollar special edition DLC thing. Everyone would buy that. To buy a full price product which is going to be absolete in a month or two (assuming Fifa 11 comes out in august as always) is just stupid.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• What is Marko Marin's decent? Sounds Bosnian.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                  What is Marko Marin's decent? Sounds Bosnian.
                  Originally posted by come on Bos, wikipedia doesn't bite
                  Full name Marko Marin
                  Date of birth 13 March 1989 (1989-03-13) (age 21)
                  Place of birth Bosanska Gradiška, SFR Yugoslavia
                  I hope this helps.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    I hope this helps.
                    LOL first sentence on wikipedia

Originally posted by Thanks Addict
                    Marko Marin (born 13 March 1989 in Bosanska Gradiška) is a German footballer of Bosnian descent[2] playing for Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga as a winger.
                    Damn you Germans stole a good one. Haha. Just like Swedish got Ibra, who is also of Bosnian decent. Among others.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Damn you Germans stole a good one. Haha. Just like Swedish got Ibra, who is also of Bosnian decent. Among others.
                      I kinly refer you to Renji (GOW), our resident German. I'm Dutch, we only steal players from Marocco, Surinam or the Dutch Antilles.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• Germans make a living off stealing players.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it's not stealing when the players a) grow up in Germany or b) choose to live and play in Germany. If the Turks had convinced Ozil not to represent the country he was born, raised and lived in, that would stealing a player away. Our foreign-born/ethnically foreign, came through our ranks and chose to play us for their whole careers.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it's not stealing when the players a) grow up in Germany or b) choose to live and play in Germany. If the Turks had convinced Ozil not to represent the country he was born, raised and lived in, that would stealing a player away. Our foreign-born/ethnically foreign, came through our ranks and chose to play us for their whole careers.
                            I don't think they were being serious. Same thing with the dutch team, there might be guys from Maroccan descent in it, but those are usually second or even third-generation dutch-born children of immigrants.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• I'm just kidding man. Still tho....you have to feel for a country like Poland losing guys of real quality like Podolski and Klose. Kuryani could be a nice boost for Panama (I think it's Panama anyway) as well.

Comment

• Go big or go home. Brazilian 'rejects' is the way to go. That's the way us Portuguese do it ha. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information