Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    I'm just kidding man. Still tho....you have to feel for a country like Poland losing guys of real quality like Podolski and Klose. Kuryani could be a nice boost for Panama (I think it's Panama anyway) as well.
    Brazil IIRC, wouldn't be that big a deal.

    Originally posted by 619 View Post
    Go big or go home. Brazilian 'rejects' is the way to go. That's the way us Portuguese do it ha. ;)
    jup pretty much. Isn't it incredibly easy to get the portugese nationality as a brazilian?

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Addict View Post
      Brazil IIRC, wouldn't be that big a deal.



      jup pretty much. Isn't it incredibly easy to get the portugese nationality as a brazilian?
      Looked it up, he is actually eligible for Panama, Brazil, and Germany
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        Looked it up, he is actually eligible for Panama, Brazil, and Germany
        oh right... complicated. Well anyway I don't think he'll be switching soon, since he'd have to miss like 4 years of national soccer before he can join another national team.

        Sig by Fenikz

        I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Addict View Post
          oh right... complicated. Well anyway I don't think he'll be switching soon, since he'd have to miss like 4 years of national soccer before he can join another national team.
          Yeah, I know he won't be switching. I kind of wish it was more difficult to change national teams.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Addict View Post
            jup pretty much. Isn't it incredibly easy to get the portugese nationality as a brazilian?
            Absolutely. The two nationalities are so interweaved socially, and to an extent politically, that I wouldn't consider it 'stealing' players from that country. It's almost like the US and Canada if I had to give you a good example.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Absolutely. The two nationalities are so interweaved socially, and to an extent politically, that I wouldn't consider it 'stealing' players from that country. It's almost like the US and Canada if I had to give you a good example.
              I wish it were that way for Belgian players with the Netherlands. I mean they have a few really awesome players we could use, and most of them are flemish so tehre's no language problem. And the Belgian squad sucks anyway so it's not like they'd be missed.

              Sig by Fenikz

              I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

              Comment


              • Eden Hazard <3333

                #MoncriefArmy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  I wish it were that way for Belgian players with the Netherlands. I mean they have a few really awesome players we could use, and most of them are flemish so tehre's no language problem. And the Belgian squad sucks anyway so it's not like they'd be missed.
                  Ah....the Belgian team could make a run soon with all the young studs they have coming through. I'm sure all those players probably want to play for Belgium too and have the honor of getting their home country to a World Cup.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
                    Eden Hazard <3333
                    bad example, he's actually from Wallonia, the French side of Belgium.

                    But there's excellent players in Flanders, but they always fail in the national team for some reason: Vanden Borre, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembéle, Vincent Kompany... Yeah I'd like those guys around. Steven Dufour, Axel Witsel...

                    Although the Dutch do have a few defenders coming up that I think are promising those guys are just wasting their talent with the belgium team right now.
                    Last edited by Addict; 04-20-2010, 09:06 AM.

                    Sig by Fenikz

                    I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      Ah....the Belgian team could make a run soon with all the young studs they have coming through. I'm sure all those players probably want to play for Belgium too and have the honor of getting their home country to a World Cup.
                      the thing is they have pieces, but no strong national tradition, there's no strong national competition, these guys don't know each other, or barely know each other. Furthermore there is no strong coaching team present in the country and the National FA isn't in good shape. Talent is something they have plenty of but they lack a structure around it to devellop it.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • Eden Hazarddddddd <3333333333333

                        ps Addict just wanted to give him some love !

                        #MoncriefArmy

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
                          Eden Hazarddddddd <3333333333333

                          ps Addict just wanted to give him some love !


                          he loves you back

                          Sig by Fenikz

                          I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                          Comment


                          • Ribery

                            lol

                            #MoncriefArmy

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
                              Ribery

                              lol
                              he's 100% french is he not?

                              I gotta say I'm exited for tonight. Barça - Inter should be excellent

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment


                              • I lol'ed because of the scandal

                                :P

                                #MoncriefArmy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information