No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayern getting dominated, pretty much. They've had a few very good chances at scoring and couldn't finish. Milito having an amazing game, his second goal was just dirty.

Comment

• I don't think Bayern got dominated at all. They were killed by two things, Van Buyton's slow footedness and the striker's poor play, although that would've been moot had Mueller converted.

Overall I'm pleased with the game. The Bundesliga doesn't get a 4th spot, but I like seeing Bayern lose and more importantly I was impressed by Thomas Mueller, he showed very good versatility and even though he still needs to work on his finishing, I can't wait to see him linking up with Ozil and Marin/Kroos as a deep lying striker for the national eleven.

Continuing with the national team theme I thought Schweini looked good to. He's a good passer who does well when he can sit back and distribute although hopefully with Ballack out we will pair him with a more defensive midfielder so he can make more runs. Gomez was just sort of there, I really don't get the interest and hype with this guy, he always disappoints and just seems out of the flow of the game. Sure he's talented and if you just knock it up to him he'll create some chance but since he doesn't play well with the team he's a waste against good teams. Klose's still Klose, which is nice too see, although I think we will be better off if he's coming off of the bench.

I'm really hoping that with Ballack out we go young with our offense. Stick Keisling up top with Mueller or Poldi hanging behind him, Marin and Ozil on the wings in front of Lahm and Aogo flying up from the back as Schweini anchors the whole thing distributing the ball to everyone. Luckily Aogo and Lahm can run for miles so we wouldn't be putting on the centerbacks and holding midfielder. Although I like what we have at those spots with Merte and two of the following: Boateng, Westerman and Rolfes.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Did the world cup thread get sucked into this one?

Anyways, this has probably been posted but here is the schedule for the world cup.

Go Mexico.

Comment

• I use this site for transfer news and rumors:

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/

It basically just gathers all the rumors from all different publications and organizes them based on player, or squad.

Comment

• England/Mexico friendly today but I'm not sure if it's on TV here.

On edit: It's on at 3 on Fox Soccer Channel.
            Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Mexico is playing great. They're attacking at will, but they're getting killed on set pieces. The first goal was all on Suarez, everyone swarmed to the ball and Crouch just tipped it to King and he did the rest. The second Rooney headed a great cross and Crouch was just in there to clean up the mess.

Aside from those two set plays, Mexico has been dominating.

Comment

• US plays the Czechs tonight. Bradley says he wants to cut down to 23 after the game. Here's what my roster would be...

Gk: Howard, Hahnemann, Guzan

Def: Spector,Bocanegra, Onyewu,Cherundulo,Marshall,Bornstein, Pearce

Mid: Donovan, Beasely, Bedoya, Holden, Feilhaber, Torres, Clark, Edu,Dempsey

For: Altidore, Gomez, Findley, Buddle.

Though I admit for forward, Brian Ching (ugh) probably has one spot locked up, and Findley likely isn't going to make the team. That leaves Buddle,Gomez, and Eddie Johnson competing for 2 spots. Johnson has played well in Greece, but he just got hurt and hasn't played well for the US Team.

Looking at the roster, it isn't bad. Having Charlie Davies would have helped a lot, but the midfield depth is great especially with Edu healthy.

Only concerns are
                1.Defensive health since Gooch is coming off knee surgery, Boca just had sports hernia surgery, DeMerritt is struggling with his abs, and Marshall has an eye injury.

2.Scoring outside of Dempsey,Donovan, and Jozy. This is where not having Davies or Connor Casey for that matter hurt. Aside from Beasley, who has lost a step on the international game, the rest of the guys are fairly unproven internationally.

I'm cautiously optimistic

Comment

• I think Holden can become another scorer for us if Bradley gives him a chance starting.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not having Connor Casey is never a problem. Because Connor Casey blows.

Also, what is the roster size for the WC? Because there's absolutely no reason to carry 3 GKs in the WC. Even if it's just temporary to decide who will be backup, that decision should already have been made. That 3rd GK spot should be used by a position player.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Not having Connor Casey is never a problem. Because Connor Casey blows.

Also, what is the roster size for the WC? Because there's absolutely no reason to carry 3 GKs in the WC. Even if it's just temporary to decide who will be backup, that decision should already have been made. That 3rd GK spot should be used by a position player.
                      Final roster is 23.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Anyone know about this new 3-D stuff for the WC?

I wonder where and when we can see it. Best Buy? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          Not having Connor Casey is never a problem. Because Connor Casey blows.

I don't like Casey either, but the fact is he scored goals for us to help qualify for the World Cup. He may not hustle, and he's one dimensional, but I would rather take him than Brian Ching.

The reason I have 3 goalies is because that's what Bradley says he wants to do. Though I'd personally just take Timmy and Guzan and be done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I think Holden can become another scorer for us if Bradley gives him a chance starting.
                            I love Holden as a player, and he has improved so much since the Gold Cup, but I don't think he starts. Unless Dempsey moves to striker like he does sometimes for Fulham, he, Donovan, and Michael Bradley are locks to start. That leaves Holden fighting with Edu and Clark, and on a level playing field, Edu is the best of the 3.

Comment

• Futbol bodypainting I wanted to share.....

By the way, on these tough roster decisions, close calls, I prefer we go with the guy who has the better track record of scoring goals in international competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                                I don't like Casey either, but the fact is he scored goals for us to help qualify for the World Cup. He may not hustle, and he's one dimensional, but I would rather take him than Brian Ching.

The reason I have 3 goalies is because that's what Bradley says he wants to do. Though I'd personally just take Timmy and Guzan and be done with it.
                                Gah, I hate Bradley so much. His coaching ability is there, but he is horrible at dealing with personel and selecting teams.

And please don't make me choose between Casey and Ching. I'd rather down a bottle of sleeping pills.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information