Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    That would be a terrible move for Landon. Man City already have a few wingers better than Donovan and have been heavily linked with others this offseason also better than him. I think he should try and move to a team in the 8-12ish rankings in the premier league, not a squad which is oozing talent (even though they can't put it together on the field.)
    I read they want him as a CAM, which he can play and play well, but I doubt Donovan goes to City; a team that is filled with egos and me first players. This is a mainr eason why his loan at Bayern Munich didn't work (that and his only supporter was the coach who was on the way out)

Everton never wanted him to leave, and I've read that they REALLY want him back after the World Cup, and IMO, that's where Landon really wants to be.

In other Yanks news, Fulham is interested in Edson Buddle, Sacha Kljestan has been impressing in Anderlecht's friendlies, and Jozy might go to AJAX

Comment

• How long will Villareal keep loaning Jozy out?
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        How long will Villareal keep loaning Jozy out?
        Until he stops sucking.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Until he stops sucking.
          Well Hull wasn't going to be a place where his game was going to improve. The coach had a lot of good things to say about him but there weren't going to many opportunites for him. Ajax would be much better.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            How long will Villareal keep loaning Jozy out?
            no no, Jozy will probably get sold because Villareal has a lot of money issues. Rossi is probably getting sold too.

Oh and if you compare Jozy post Hull and Jozy pre Hull, he is a better player now. Goals didn't come, but he's become better on the ball and taking on defenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
              no no, Jozy will probably get sold because Villareal has a lot of money issues. Rossi is probably getting sold too.

Oh and if you compare Jozy post Hull and Jozy pre Hull, he is a better player now. Goals didn't come, but he's become better on the ball and taking on defenders.
              Ohh ok. It would have been fun to watch Jozy and Rossi play together. Oh well.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• more American news, add Napoli to the list of suitors for Jozy. They also want to sign Dempsey, but I think that is more of wishful thinking on their part (if Dempsey leaves Fullham, I think he just goes to another EPL team).

Comment

• Jozy going to Ajax might be the best thing for him. They have a supreme staff over there and work so much on the technical game which is by far his weakest area. Ajax's staff is incredible at getting the best out of players and would benefit Jozy tremendously.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                    Jozy going to Ajax might be the best thing for him. They have a supreme staff over there and work so much on the technical game which is by far his weakest area. Ajax's staff is incredible at getting the best out of players and would benefit Jozy tremendously.
                    yeah I've been looking up a lot of transfer rumors, and AJAX and Napoli are 2 teams named that want Jozy, but so do teams in the EPL, the Netherlands, Belgium, Scotland and Turkey.

I see a lot of people say Jozy is overrated (and in some ways he is), and he'll flame out like Adu. Thing we have to remember is 1)Both are still really young (Jozy is my age, Freddy a year older). and 2)Freddy's problem has been work ethic and playing stupid (I've seen articles where coaches say he plays like a high schooler) Jozy's coaches at Hull aand Villareal both said he's a good hardworking kid that wants to get better, he just needs to find the right place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                      yeah I've been looking up a lot of transfer rumors, and AJAX and Napoli are 2 teams named that want Jozy, but so do teams in the EPL, the Netherlands, Belgium, Scotland and Turkey.

I see a lot of people say Jozy is overrated (and in some ways he is), and he'll flame out like Adu. Thing we have to remember is 1)Both are still really young (Jozy is my age, Freddy a year older). and 2)Freddy's problem has been work ethic and playing stupid (I've seen articles where coaches say he plays like a high schooler) Jozy's coaches at Hull aand Villareal both said he's a good hardworking kid that wants to get better, he just needs to find the right place.
                      Adu also made the jump to Euro football too early. He would have been better off staying in the MLS for 1-2 more years and maturing mentally.

Comment

• http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juven...dnotizia=24738

Translated it basically says that AC Milan, Juventus, and Napoli are ready to get in a bidding war for Dempsey. They estimate he'll cost 8 million in euro.

DUnno how much I believe the Milan rumor. 8 mill is chump change for them, and the supporters/FO want younger more creative players on the team.

I do think Dempsey would jump at the chance to go to any of those teams if they are serious about getting him, and giving him a shot.

Comment

• Teach me on the up-and-coming great players in the World, DC soccer fiends.

How good are the Brazillian duo of Neymar da Silva and "Ganso"? Are they Brazil's next hope? I've heard nothing but heaps and heaps of praise for both, specifically Neymar, even being compared to Pele.. is he that good?

Who are the teams on the way out by 2014, country wise? I can only assume we're going to see more and more quality African squads and perhaps the decline of some mainstays on the world stage, perhaps Portugal? How good are they in the future? Who's coming up in Europe?

Also, being half-Scottish, I'm always interested in their side. It seems like they've hired a new manager in the last year and that he could be better. They just missed qualifying for the WC, and from what I hear they're on the way up. Could they compete in Euro '12?

Big +rep to anyone who helps me out with any of these thoughts. I'm trying to become more then a casual football fan.

Comment

• Dempsey to one of those teams would be very interesting, especially to Milan or Juventus, former top clubs looking to get back on top. I doubt he would break the starting XI for Milan but Juventus is possible. I don't know how well Dempsey would adapt to the Italian league which is much more technical than the Premiership in which Dempsey fits very well in.

Comment

• Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
                              Who are the teams on the way out by 2014, country wise? I can only assume we're going to see more and more quality African squads and perhaps the decline of some mainstays on the world stage, perhaps Portugal? How good are they in the future? Who's coming up in Europe?
                              portugal, france, and italy seem to be on the decline as they haven't produced budding stars like brazil, germany, and spain have. in the olympics and u-20 world cup, african nations have played exceptional so the future is very promising. however, african teams usually have elite individual players but the organization of the football federations in their countries is very unstable; which leads to frequent manager changes and an inability to play well collectively as a team.

i'm stating the obvious but the favorites for the 2014 world cup, based on the promising young stars each team has, are germany, brazil, spain, and argentina.

as for dark horses, i like hungary, bosnia, chile, and serbia for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
                                Teach me on the up-and-coming great players in the World, DC soccer fiends.

How good are the Brazillian duo of Neymar da Silva and "Ganso"? Are they Brazil's next hope? I've heard nothing but heaps and heaps of praise for both, specifically Neymar, even being compared to Pele.. is he that good?

Also, being half-Scottish, I'm always interested in their side. It seems like they've hired a new manager in the last year and that he could be better. They just missed qualifying for the WC, and from what I hear they're on the way up. Could they compete in Euro '12?

Big +rep to anyone who helps me out with any of these thoughts. I'm trying to become more then a casual football fan.
                                Early favorites without a doubt are Brazil & Germany. Expect the South American teams to do quite well on home soil. England will be without a great number of their so called golden generation next time around but they have some exciting youth coming through the ranks. Ghana will most likely be the strongest African team since they will suffer the least amount of losses. Squads like France & Italy should be be back since Benzema & Nasri will be back in the fold for Les Bleus and hopefully for Italy it will be Cassano, Balotelli & Rossi back in the fold also.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information