No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. ESPN had MLS allstars v Man U last night?

5-2 Man u..

MLS/USA soccer welcome to another decade of irrelavance.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
      Lol. ESPN had MLS allstars v Man U last night?

5-2 Man u..

Two goals by Man U were absolutely ridiculous. The free kick and the lob pass to himself. Europe is on another level but give the USA another 10-15 yearsm, we might make it interesting.

Comment

• Dear god yes those were 2 sweet goals, those were up there with the best WC goals but yeah lol thats a good estimate
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
          Early favorites without a doubt are Brazil & Germany. Expect the South American teams to do quite well on home soil. England will be without a great number of their so called golden generation next time around but they have some exciting youth coming through the ranks. Ghana will most likely be the strongest African team since they will suffer the least amount of losses. Squads like France & Italy should be be back since Benzema & Nasri will be back in the fold for Les Bleus and hopefully for Italy it will be Cassano, Balotelli & Rossi back in the fold also.
          What about Macheda for Italy?

Sig by Me

Comment

• I know several people that went to the MLS game, they said it was fun. MLS is trying so hard to capitalize on the WC craze.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Yeah, the game was in Houston, a few of my buddies went. Man U didn't even send out half of their first unit, and they still tore the MLS "all-stars" a new one. Even my boy Chicharito scored!

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                What about Macheda for Italy?
                He has potential, not nearly as good as the other young guns tho.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Man U also lost to the Kansas City Wizards a few days earlier.

Going to see City against Inter Milan on Saturday. Won't get to see Silva, but Yaya Toure debuted and Barry/SWP came back yesterday.

Comment

• Italians have no young talent? Lets see.

De Rossi
                    Montolivo
                    Giorgio Chiellini
                    Giampaolo Pazzini
                    Giuseppe Rossi
                    Mario Balotelli
                    Sebastian Giovinco
                    Marco Motta
                    Domenico Criscito
                    Alberto Aquilani

More than France and Brasil imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                      portugal, france, and italy seem to be on the decline as they haven't produced budding stars like brazil, germany, and spain have. in the olympics and u-20 world cup, african nations have played exceptional so the future is very promising. however, african teams usually have elite individual players but the organization of the football federations in their countries is very unstable; which leads to frequent manager changes and an inability to play well collectively as a team.

i'm stating the obvious but the favorites for the 2014 world cup, based on the promising young stars each team has, are germany, brazil, spain, and argentina.

as for dark horses, i like hungary, bosnia, chile, and serbia for the future.
                      I disagree on those 3 on their way down. Portugal have developed a beastly defense around Eduardo's net. Coentrão in particular stood out to me. The 22 year old ex-winger was a force for Portugal. And if they got a coach who used them properly Portugal have a lot of talent in midfield that'll be in their prime as a starting 5 of Miguel Veloso, Meireles/Simao, Danny, CR and Nani. The question with Portugal is yet again who's their goal scorer. I've always like Hugo Almeida, but if they end up turning to him in 2014 I think they'll be a knockout round team that doesn't go far, again. They're likely to lose Carvalho who's a great defender, but they do have a lot of talent at the position with Bruno Alves, Rolando and that **** Pepe.

France to me has already hit rock bottom, they have a lot of talent and a new coach could be able to transform that talent into a dangerous team. They'll have Benzema, Ribery, Nasri, Gourcuff, Diarra, Toulalan, Sissoko, Lloris or Mandanda. They'll be rebuilding the defense, that's got some good pieces in Clichy, Sagna, Cissoko, Rami and Sakho, and need a coach who can utilize that talent properly, but they've got a bunch of wonderful pieces if Blanc is the right coach.

The Italians IMO have already hit the bottom, they have the players to crawl out although with them i'm more concerned about the talent than with France. Balotelli is clearly they're most promising youngster, but he's cocky and a hot head so who knows if they even end up picking him if he doesn't grow up. Their other young prospect up top Rossi, doesn't seem like he has world class potential. He seems like a talented kid, but not one who'll be a top tier striker ever. If neither one is a stud that is troubling, the midfield will be solid, but I worry about a lack of creativity up top if Pazzini and Quagliarella are forced to be a big part of the chance creation. The midfield just disappoints unless Poli or Giovinco breaks out as Montolivo was hugely disappointing this year. The D will be strong as there's a lot of young talent there and between De Rossi, Aquilani and Marchisio they'll have a strong central midfield. But goals are a big question mark for this squad.

Bosnia's going to be a talented squad and if Chile can keep Bielsa they'll be a blast to watch, but neither are cup contenders in my eyes and Serbia's an offense away from being legit contenders...Oh, yeah...Hungary?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
                        Italians have no young talent? Lets see.

De Rossi
                        Montolivo
                        Giorgio Chiellini
                        Giampaolo Pazzini
                        Giuseppe Rossi
                        Mario Balotelli
                        Sebastian Giovinco
                        Marco Motta
                        Domenico Criscito
                        Alberto Aquilani

More than France and Brasil imo.
                        Davide Santon (who was on the national team at 18 years old last year) is better than Criscito and Motta. Chiellini played like trash at 26 in this past world cup, but Italy do have Santacroce and Andrea Ranocchia to replace him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                          Lol. ESPN had MLS allstars v Man U last night?

5-2 Man u..

We can say this, but this is only the 2nd time the MLS All-Stars have lost to a European Club, and the LA guys and De Rosario didn't start, and barely played, because of CONCOCAF Champions League games.

Comment

• So, football has officially started (kind of). English Championship opened up today (I have grown attached to certain teams thanks to Newcastle being there last year) and French Ligue 1 has a full slate tomorrow. Then, Premier League next weekend!

Anyone else excited? Any predictions?

Comment

• I'm still a "newer" fan of club soccer but I'm excited for the season. Some quick thoughts. I'm a little upset Milner is going to Man City as I thought Aston Villa had a reall good chance this year to make Europa League. They still might but the loss is going to hurt them. I don't think Chelsea will repeat but I'm not sure who I see winning the EPL right now. It's going to be interesting to see if Liverpoll can bounce back this year as well.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                I'm still a "newer" fan of club soccer but I'm excited for the season. Some quick thoughts. I'm a little upset Milner is going to Man City as I thought Aston Villa had a reall good chance this year to make Europa League. They still might but the loss is going to hurt them. I don't think Chelsea will repeat but I'm not sure who I see winning the EPL right now. It's going to be interesting to see if Liverpoll can bounce back this year as well.
                                I see what your saying with Milner, but Villa is making out extremely well. Milner was great last year, but he isn't worth nearly the transfer fee they are going to get. Up until last season he was a great, hard working player who got into good positions, but lacked an end product. I don't think he has totally corrected that problem and may be out of his depth at city, we'll see. One thing I know tho, Villa will win the deal in the long run if they invest wisely. As far as EPL standings, I think its going to be a nice 6 team race for Champions League, but I think the top 6 will separate themselves from the rest. I think Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, and Chelsea will take the top 6 spots with a decent margin with Utd. and Chelsea battling it out again.

I think Utd., Chelsea, and Arsenal (since Fab is staying) will all finish top 4, but I expect and absolute dogfight for the 4th position. I tend to favor Liverpool if Torres is fit, but thats a huge if.
                                Last edited by Rob S; 08-06-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information