No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't John Terry the one that ****** Wayne Bridge's chick?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Wasn't John Terry the one that ****** Wayne Bridge's chick?
      Yeah, I'm an idiot. Sorry, confused the chelsea guys. They kinda look alike :) haha. Lamps is well know for being a douche tho.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• i can't wait to see fergie's new boy bebe play. 7.4 million euros for a homeless streetball player who signed with a third division portugese side only 5 weeks ago. insane.

Comment

• Yeah John Terry is the known ass. I've actually never heard anyone say something bad about Lampard but I could be mistaken.

Gerrard is a great player and I like him so it wasn't a knock on him. I thought the fight he got into at the bar was actually pretty funny. He just wanted to hear some Phil Collins.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
            i can't wait to see fergie's new boy bebe play. 7.4 million euros for a homeless streetball player who signed with a third division portugese side only 5 weeks ago. insane.
            Meh, a year ago Thomas Mueller was an underwhelming 19 year old in the German third division, one year later and Bayern won't sell him at any price. Not saying that'll be the case with this kid but there have been a number of soccer players who've seemingly come from no where to become exceptional players, Ribery and Drogba also come to mind here.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Yeah John Terry is the known ass. I've actually never heard anyone say something bad about Lampard but I could be mistaken.

Gerrard is a great player and I like him so it wasn't a knock on him. I thought the fight he got into at the bar was actually pretty funny. He just wanted to hear some Phil Collins.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Looks like it might be just us. Want to create a group so we can at least compare our teams?
              Sure.

Code: 1001344-302576

Don't let the name turn anyone else off from joining.

Comment

• Seems like a draw is the best City can hope for against Tottenham, and they were lucky to get it. Hart played a phenomenal game. Bale was giving Micah Richards fits all day, but he blew a great chance.

Fantastic debut for Blackpool, even if it was Wigan.

Comment

• Yeah it was, good for Blackpool. They are still probably the worst team in the prem, but maybe they can put up a fight.

As for city, we will see how much Milner and Balotelli help. I would like to see what they can do with 2 strikers out there. Also, Milner will be an upgrade on SWP and I think Boateng will start over Richards. Spurs did look the better side, but I still think city can improve a lot.

Comment

• By the way, it sucks Shay Given is on the bench. I am hoping he gets moved to Arsenal because he is a top keeper in the world.

Comment

• Man City should get better as the year goes on with all the new players.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Man City should get better as the year goes on with all the new players.
                        Thats what I'm thinking. I expect a fierce battle between Spurs, City, and Liverpool for the final Champions League spot.

City can make make big winter signings too don't forget. If Sevilla isnt in contention for a top 4 spot, I could easily see Fabiano getting moved.
                        Last edited by Rob S; 08-14-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Yup with all the depth and names they have now they could afford to get rid of some other guys to add a piece they might need during the winter transfer period. I agree with the battle for that 4th spot.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yup with all the depth and names they have now they could afford to get rid of some other guys to add a piece they might need during the winter transfer period. I agree with the battle for that 4th spot.
                            I have a feeling Adebayor will be on his way out soon for another striker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              I have a feeling Adebayor will be on his way out soon for another striker.
                              Possibly but it would just be a lateral move. Balotelli, Tevez, and Adebayor should be enough.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                Yeah it was, good for Blackpool. They are still probably the worst team in the prem, but maybe they can put up a fight.

As for city, we will see how much Milner and Balotelli help. I would like to see what they can do with 2 strikers out there. Also, Milner will be an upgrade on SWP and I think Boateng will start over Richards. Spurs did look the better side, but I still think city can improve a lot.
                                I was a little surprised that Richards even started over Zabaleta. He's been good enough in the exhibition games, but he's still not the guy. He recovers pretty well, but I hate seeing him pull these very physical moves around the box because he has to recover so much.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Man City should get better as the year goes on with all the new players.
                                Yeah, there was little to no chemistry in this game. I didn't love the formation too much, either. There's a lot to figure out with this team and still more guys coming in. The only things that I feel should be staples from today, as to where they played, were the Toure brothers, Barry, and Tevez, though I'd like him getting more help up top.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information