No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put a quality top notch soccer team in the NYC area it would do fine.... the Euro immigrant community would most likely back a quality soccer team...

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
      If you put a quality top notch soccer team in the NYC area it would do fine.... the Euro immigrant community would most likely back a quality soccer team...
      Exactly...the only problem would be playing schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
        Quality as in what? Good players? Who the hell is going to want to play in the MLS? And if they do it will create an all-star team making it boring.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
          Originally posted by TH3
          Quality as in what? Good players? Who the hell is going to want to play in the MLS? And if they do it will create an all-star team making it boring.
          Try reading the train of thought before you start asking questions like this. We were talking about having an English Premier League team in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888
            Originally posted by TH3
            Exactly...the only problem would be playing schedules.
            I think the Latin community in the Miami area would host another team so once a year the Eruo teams make a swing to america and the american teams alternate weeks over seas and in america

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
              Try reading the train of thought before you start asking questions like this. We were talking about having an English Premier League team in the US.
              He didn't quote the "train of thought" so I had no idea which he was talking about. There was also no mention of putting a Premier team here, just a top notch one. good call though.

Comment

I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.

theres your quote for starting a premiership club in the US...good call though :roll:

as for Americans buying premiership teams...I feel bad for english soccer because if more of this happens, it will turn into the NFL or the MLB with the sport being all about money and not the sport itself...I mean look at those leagues before money became the primary issue, players stuck with teams and played just for the love of the game...but with more American interest in ownership in the Premiership I feel that in the future it may turn into what our sports are like today...which is sad IMO

Comment

Such an emo post... Seriously what is wrong with MLB or NFL? Not to mention there is not much different in the Premier league as it is.... The players are all about money. Even College football players have no conscience and they don't even get payed so don't blame money.

Comment

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the MLB or NFL...but the Premiership is a lot different than any league here...mainly because most fans of the Premiership actually have a sense of history for their teams/league as opposed to the majority of sports fans here

and yes the players in all Euro leagues for that matter are money driven, but not nearly as much as any professional players here...most players in Euro leagues make a majority of their money in sponsorship and advertising not from clubs themselves...and when players do leave teams for more money its to another league not to a rival team (Adam Vinatieri..sp?)...granted theres only one real pro league for our sports but still

and I don't care if you think it is emo that its a shame that the capitalism and greed from America is spreading to other previously barely American-influenced sports in other countries

Comment

What do you mean more history? I think your insane... People on here are just to young, that is why the history is the way it is. There is no different outside the age of some teams.

As for the changing to rival's... It doesn't happen all the often and it probably happens in the English premier league, but you just don't follow it close enough or something.

How about Ashley Cole or Michael Owen?

Comment

What do you mean more history? I think your insane... People on here are just to young, that is why the history is the way it is. There is no different outside the age of some teams.

As for the changing to rival's... It doesn't happen all the often and it probably happens in the English premier league, but you just don't follow it close enough or something.

How about Ashley Cole or Michael Owen?
                        Good point there snuff.

I think fans, for the most part, know a lot about their teams history.

PM me for sig requests
                        Originally posted by Sean Connery
                        Suck it Trebek!

Comment

here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.

Comment

Originally posted by NYmoney
                            here's a thought, what if an englishman ever tried to buy an NFL team? Like the Pats or Giants? People here would be just as livid as Man U fans were when Glazer took over Man U.
                            QFT

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan
                              QFT
                              ?

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan
                                QFT
                                ?
                                Quoted for Thruth, he agrees with what you are saying.

I'd rather see an American owner start a premiership club in America...that's my own personal dream.
                                That would never work. Unlike the NFL, which only has one league and thus any new team would have to enter at that league, a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work its way up which would take 15-20 years. I doubt an owner would wait that long.[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information