Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
    Malouda, Anelka, and Lampard should all finish in the 10-15 range I would think so I would say he has a good shot at it, although it really doesn't matter.

Thoughts on the Arsenal game today:
    Arashavin looked off it again.
    Chamakh is going to take time. He doesnt look too comfortable passing it around. He has displayed some skill though.
    Fabregas is still getting back into the game, as he looked sloppy the first 45.
    Van Persie injured again... jesus.
    Walcott had another great performance, and it will be interesting to see what happens when Nasri comes back.
    I think Anleka and Drogba should be above him for sure and if Lampard remains 1st choice for penalties I would favor him as well. You are correct tho, it doesnt matter at all.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• lol i was joking about the malouda for golden boot thing. drogba's gonna easily eclipse 20 again. i think 13+ goals for malouda is entirely possible though.
      I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        lol i was joking about the malouda for golden boot thing. drogba's gonna easily eclipse 20 again. i think 13+ goals for malouda is entirely possible though.
        Me too, he is a really, really good player.

Comment

• http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-meireles-deal

Liverpool have signed Porto midfielder Raul Meireles for 14mil Euros

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
            http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-meireles-deal

Liverpool have signed Porto midfielder Raul Meireles for 14mil Euros
            Interesting. Good player, but throwing Iberian players into the EPL is always a risk.

Comment

• The thing about him that makes me think he could succeed is he is, to use a football term, a "high motor" guy. He's very industrious and gets about the park and I think he will be able to deal with the physicality.

Comment

The thing about him that makes me think he could succeed is he is, to use a football term, a "high motor" guy. He's very industrious and gets about the park and I think he will be able to deal with the physicality.
                Yeah he is a pretty physical guy and willing to get stuck in. Trading Mascherano for him is still a tough break for Liverpool though. I really can't see them finishing top 4 now unless Torres goes into beast mode.

Comment

• Honestly I didnt expect top 4 this season, but with the signing of Konchesky as well our overall squad is starting to get better... I think with our best players available we can now go back to the 4-2-3-1 that Rafa used, looking something like this:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel/Agger Carragher Konchesky/Aurelio

Poulson Meireles

Kuyt Gerrard Cole

Torres

A side that on its day will give anyone a game, but still has some fairly obvious flaws

Comment

• I heard we might sign Gokhan Inler as well, any truth to that UKFan?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Inler I love, absolute class although he may be out of his depth in a top EPL side. I doubt he get signed after the Meireles deal anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                        I heard we might sign Gokhan Inler as well, any truth to that UKFan?
                        Not heard anything about it, the Konchesky deal was rumoured for a while, the Meireles one has come completely out the blue for me. Other rumours included deals for Loic Remy and Carlton Cole, but nothing on Inler. I think we might shut it down now, unless a striker deal can be sorted on the cheap. I heard a Trezeguet rumour the other day... yuck

Comment

• Speaking of transfers, I think Newcastle has done brilliantly both this transfer season and last winter.

Sol Campbell and Dan Gosling on frees. Hatem Ben Arfa and maybe Robbie Keane on loan, and Tiote for 3 million. Thats just great business imo. Not to mention getting Mike Williamson and Wayne Routledge for peanuts last winter. James Perch is the only signing I don't love, but it was for like 1.5 million and has looked serviceable.
                          Last edited by Rob S; 08-28-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Sol needs to lose a bit of timber lol

Comment

Sol needs to lose a bit of timber lol
                              Yeah, he isn't quite fit yet. Honestly tho, he wouldn't even find a starting spot right now the way Williamson is playing. Great cover and clubhouse guy though and he was on a free. Ben Arfa is just a massive coup imo. Keane would be a huge boost as well. I think with Keane playing off Carroll, Toon would finish top 10.

Comment

• Keane won't leave the lane unless we sign somebody like Huntelaar I reckon. If you did grab him it'd be a great signing though. I've always love Keane.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information